Test side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
    Not at all. How does that youth policy explain letting go James Tamou who was our best NYC front rower at the time? Shillington was offered massive coin and left at the time Mason and O'Meley were sucking up massive coin from the Rooster's.. I think the club can be somewhat forgiven as he was going through the motions here but clearly this speaks volumes for the club that his performances lifted massively when joining Canberra... I have heard so many different stories on Hannant but I did hear big Artie claim he was unfit which I thought was one of his better attribute's. He also despises Ricky Stuart for some unknown reason.
    I was talking about the fact that our team is a bunch of 20 odd year olds, who are yet to prove themselves enough to be considered to be selected for any rep level, apart from U20's which we do actually have good representation in, I think it was 8 wasn't it selected for U20's SOO? I wasn't referring to our retention/recruiting choices over the last decade, just that our youth policy is explanation for not having many reps at senior level.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Arty View Post
      I was talking about the fact that our team is a bunch of 20 odd year olds, who are yet to prove themselves enough to be considered to be selected for any rep level, apart from U20's which we do actually have good representation in, I think it was 8 wasn't it selected for U20's SOO? I wasn't referring to our retention/recruiting choices over the last decade, just that our youth policy is explanation for not having many reps at senior level.
      Basically our policy of letting go most of our good players lol... not quite...

Comment

Peter Sterling was born in Qld.

The powers that be need to think very carefully before they invent a new qualification system for Tests and Origin.

What the birth certificate states, the birthplace, to determine for whom one must play?
        Hmmm, tricky.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi-boy View Post
          Peter Sterling was born in Qld.

The powers that be need to think very carefully before they invent a new qualification system for Tests and Origin.

What the birth certificate states, the birthplace, to determine for whom one must play?
          Hmmm, tricky.
          To me it's quite simple. You play for the state or country your are born in. Then if your born in another state or country you play for the junior state or country you represented.
          In the case of you not being born in or representing the junior team you may chose a state/country to represent!

Comment

Who cares. At an international level NRL is an extreme minority sport. Most people in the world do not even know what it is. Sadly, Union is a far more successful game at an international level.

Comment

USA Tomahawks v Melbourne Storm in the US later this year.

http://www.worldrugbyshop.com/29875.html

http://www.amnrl.com/

http://www.amnrl.com/news/us-storm-warning

The American National Rugby League is excited to officially announce that NRL powerhouse the Melbourne Storm from Australia will visit the USA in an historic matchup where American Rugby League fans can expect to see the best possible squad that the Storm can put on the field when it plays a one-off friendly against the Tomahawks.

The Storm will make history by becoming the first NRL club to play the American national team when the two square off in October. New York and Philadelphia are the two frontrunners in the race to be named the host city.
              Last edited by bondi-boy; 04-20-2012, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi-boy View Post
                USA Tomahawks v Melbourne Storm in the US later this year.
                Go and get your tickets champ.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi-boy;199877[B
                  ]Peter Sterling was born in Qld.[/B]

Hmmm, tricky.
                  Yes, he was born in a tiny town called Allora outside of Warwick where I was born. His dad Max used to play competition bowls with my dad. He moved to Wagga as a small child. Using that logic the Mick Crocker should play for the Blues then because he was born in Auburn.
                  "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Rooster_In_Hong Kong View Post
                    Go and get your tickets champ.
                    Internationals are on the rise;

http://www.amnrl.com/

USA V Tonga

Note Bozo's and Graham Lowe's messages at the bottom of the page.

Comment

I think the same as Hot Chooks - you play for the state or country you were born in. As far as counries are concerned, if you have duel citizenship, you must state when you sign a NRL contract which country you will play for.
                      What got me about Tamou was he said he wanted to play for NZ, even had it in writing, then at the last minute changed his mind. I didn't see him singing the Australian national anthem.
                      Pauline Robinson from the "Wall".

Comment

Working...
                      X