Remember When .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember When .....

Hey guys, I was watching the 02 grand final the other day which I have saved on my desktop at work. There were a few things I noticed and i hope you can help me out with them....

1.When was the last time we had a winger who can actually run????

During that dynasty we had over 5 yrs, one of the most important facet of our game were our wingers, who scored the bulk of our tries. I admire Sammy P's work ethic and heart and believe that if every player in our team had the same attitude as him we'd be in the top 4 for sure. BUT, the last winger who can actually run must had be Amos Roberts, I can't think of any other.

2. When was the last time we charged down a kick???

Micky Crocker was a genius at putting pressure on the opposition and creating a dominance over play makers. Serious question when was our last charge down?, because I swear I honestly cannot remember seeing one since he left to melbourne.

3. Kept an opposition scoreless??

A long freggin time. Even when we had carney we were still leaking points.

4. Had mini make a break from a kick return?

I love the count to bits, probably in the best 5 to wear our colours, but its been a long time between drinks.

5. Kicked a 40/20?

I think carney may had kicked one in his time at our club but other than that I remember one from Pearce in a prelim in 2008 against the warriors and the only reason why I remember it was because it was pointless as we had already pretty much lost.

All good questions the coach should be asking himself, rather than asking whether he should play Justin carney at fullback next Wednesday!

When will we not lose by 30???

Comment

those was the days

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster2013 View Post

Micky Crocker was a genius at putting pressure on the opposition and creating a dominance over play makers. Serious question when was our last charge down?, because I swear I honestly cannot remember seeing one since he left to melbourne.

I love the count to bits, probably in the best 5 to wear our colours, but its been a long time between drinks.

5. Kicked a 40/20?

I think carney may had kicked one in his time at our club but other than that I remember one from Pearce in a prelim in 2008 against the warriors and the only reason why I remember it was because it was pointless as we had already pretty much lost.

All good questions the coach should be asking himself, rather than asking whether he should play Justin carney at fullback next Wednesday!
        true but the kicker is too protected these days. rubibish rule

Comment

Phil Graham could run.

we kept the dragons scoreless in 2008

Carney kicked a couple of 40/20s against the sharks. think it was 2010 when they only just beat us.

Comment

2. A bit of a random thing that has probably happens but wouldn't stay in my memory, but I remember we scored a try off a charge down against Manly in 2008.

3. Has probably happened since but I remember last round in 2008 v Dragons we won I think 12-0.

4. 2008 round 1 when he made a long break against Souffs to drop it after running 80m lol..

5. Pearce has kicked a few.. Once again it's not something that sticks out so the last time I remember was v Canberra in 2010 at the SFS.

Comment

2. FPN scored vs tits in qualifying final 2010. From memory was in 79th min.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster2013 View Post
                Hey guys, I was watching the 02 grand final the other day which I have saved on my desktop at work. There were a few things I noticed and i hope you can help me out with them....

1.When was the last time we had a winger who can actually run????

During that dynasty we had over 5 yrs, one of the most important facet of our game were our wingers, who scored the bulk of our tries. I admire Sammy P's work ethic and heart and believe that if every player in our team had the same attitude as him we'd be in the top 4 for sure. BUT, the last winger who can actually run must had be Amos Roberts, I can't think of any other.

5. Kicked a 40/20?

say it isnt so

Comment

4. Last time I remember Mini making an actual line break returning a kick was in the same game Carney kicked two cracker 40/20s against the Sharks. Pretty sure it was Round 13, it was about a 60 metre run. The last line break from any kick return that I can remember was by BJ against Parra Round 25 last year when he just ran over the top of someone and went about 50m upfield.

Comment

James Maloney caused three line breaks last weekend

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                      How many has Anasta this year?

Just playing with you..

Comment

Originally posted by Geohood View Post
                        How many has Anasta this year?

Just playing with you..
                        Is there a way to have a minus integer?

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

I want to go on record now as saying that in the first loss or two that we have next year, Maloney will be crucified on this forum for being a "turnstile" in defence.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post
                            I want to go on record now as saying that in the first loss or two that we have next year, Maloney will be crucified on this forum for being a "turnstile" in defence.
                            And our first win he will be named the savior of our club

Comment

You guys just summed it up in 2 posts... HAHA

Comment

Working...
                              X