Freddy out - Smith in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddy out - Smith in

Just announced on nine news that Brian Smith will replace fittler next year.

little disappointing to see Freddy gone...but hopefully we will see results with smith.

Originally posted by RoosterMan View Post
    Just announced on nine news that Brian Smith will replace fittler next year.

little disappointing to see Freddy gone...but hopefully we will see results with smith.
    Just heard it. Never would have seen that.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Chook View Post
      Just heard it. Never would have seen that.
      Its a good get!

It was always going to be an experienced coach, I thought it was going to be Sheens.

Comment

Very unexpected! I didn't even know Smith's name was in the mix, what happened to Kearney?
        It's sad that a club great like Freddy has been sacked...something had to be done about the team though; I just hope it doesn't sour Freddy's relationship with the club and he sticks around

Comment

was smith still contracted with newcastle?

Comment

I don't mind it. This club needs a clean-out of pretty boys just like the Knights went through a couple years ago.

Comment

that was a suprise !!!!

there was no indication of Brian Smith being in the mix, personally i was under the impression he was signed with the knights!!!!

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
              To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
              At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
              Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
              The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

I hope he brings his own staff..

Fitness crew....Video Analysers...The lot..

'Cause what we got at the moment are rubbish..

Comment

Smith has 1 year left at Newcastle

Not a huge fan although it could work out well as he has plenty of experience at turning clubs into being a force.

Comment

Has he got a side over the line yet though, how long has he been coaching? and hhow many grand final wins?

Comment

Originally posted by Magic Mike Eden View Post
                      Has he got a side over the line yet though, how long has he been coaching? and hhow many grand final wins?
                      No he hasn;t 2001 was his best chance with parra.

in saying that, John lang was at the sharks for many years, won nothing, goes to penrith, wins a premiership.

So i guess it will be interesting to see 1) how he completes the year at the knights and 2) if some of our fans will give smith a year or two to build the side.

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
                      To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
                      At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
                      Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
                      The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Magic Mike Eden View Post
                        Hopefully next year will be his first.

I reckon he can rebuild the place. I know Hadley doesnt like him, so that makes me happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Chook View Post
                          Hopefully next year will be his first.

I reckon he can rebuild the place. I know Hadley doesnt like him, so that makes me happy.
                          I hope so too.

Comment

http://http://www.dailytelegraph.com...-1225751715174

Smith to replace Fittler - reports
                            By Barry Toohey From: The Daily Telegraph July 18, 2009 6:26PM Increase Text Size Decrease Text Size Print Email Share Add to Digg Add to del.icio.us Add to Facebook Add to Kwoff Add to Myspace Add to Newsvine What are these?

Changing of the guard ... there are reports that Brian Smith is going to replace Brad Fittler as the coach of the Sydney Roosters. Source: The Sunday Telegraph
                            The Sydney Roosters appear set to secure Brian Smith at the club for the next four year.

Rumours today strongly linked the Newcastle coach to Bondi as Brad Fittler's replacement - even though Smith still has a year to run on his contract with the Knights.

More to come ...

Comment

Oh CRAP, NOT HIM, of all the experienced coaches NOT HIM please.
                              I understand that Smith plays favourites with his players which isn't a great tactic to create the cohesion and unity that is so important to making players gel as a team.
                              This is NOT a good move by management in my limited opinion and will see the Roosters lose some players that many might consider worthwhile. Another thing is his record of developing juniors which I have heard isn't great due in part to the aforementioned preference for his favourites. The Roosters WILL lose good players because of Smith, mark my words. OH FFS.
                              "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                              X