SST to Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SST to Dogs

Not our issue now but rumours saying Gould has managed to attract SST to the Dogs for next season. Shame he left us as he is exactly what we need right now, hardness,work effort & a bit of resolve. Makes you wonder a bit about just what Lodge has cost us as maybe we could have stuck with SST or done something there to keep him, although I believe he chased more coin.

What a shame. Will be very rough seeing SST in that ugly jersey.

Comment

I hope not only okay if he went to England
      he was one I was really disappointed to see us loose, was just as good as any forward out there, in the top 5 props the last 5 years
      hope he stays in France / England comp

Up there with the biggest losses with rts, Latrell and Maloney

Comment

It’d be a real shame to see him back in the NRL not in a Roosters jersey. Hope this mail is wrong.

Comment

I won't lie...this hurts

Comment

Can we release Suualli, sign him and stop this travesty.

A FRF rotation of JWH, Collins, Leinu & SST would be elite!

Comment

I heard the reason we let him go was that he'd provided his service to us (and then some) and his knees had done enough mileage in the NRL.

Therefore a sporting retirement in the Super League made sense.

This dosent. Not saying it won't eventuate, weird seeing him in bulldogs colours though, and how good will he actually be for them, I have it on par with Liu at the Titans.

Good not great?
              Formerly Stringaz, from the old Wall!

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
                I won't lie...this hurts
                Sack robbo

Comment

Originally posted by Sentimentinel View Post
                  I heard the reason we let him go was that he'd provided his service to us (and then some) and his knees had done enough mileage in the NRL.

Therefore a sporting retirement in the Super League made sense.

This dosent. Not saying it won't eventuate, weird seeing him in bulldogs colours though, and how good will he actually be for them, I have it on par with Liu at the Titans.

Good not great?
                  Yeah we did the right thing by all reports in letting him go due to where he was at, his condition going forward etc so this doesn’t make sense if he’s all good to play BRL full time again. Only good thing could be that he’s still not in best physical shape, the Dogs pay a fortune & he’s a spent force he provides nothing for them (I’d love to see him stink it up in one way but hate it in another after what he did for our club)

Comment

RAYMOND FAITALA-MARINER

In exchange?

Comment

Here is the article for those interested..

Sio Siua Taukeiaho is on the verge of a shock return to the NRL with Phil Gould’s Bulldogs launching a $1 million poaching raid for the former Roosters premiership enforcer.

This masthead can reveal Taukeiaho plans to sever ties with French Super League club Catalans Dragons at season’s end to help spearhead coach Cameron Ciraldo’s Bulldogs fightback next year.

Taukeiaho has interest from several NRL clubs, with Canterbury’s Sydney rivals the Dragons and Wests Tigers also expressing interest in the Tongan Test powerhouse.

But it is understood the embattled Bulldogs are the front-runners to win his signature, with Ciraldo and football boss Gould having held talks with Taukeiaho as they look to break Canterbury’s 20-year premiership drought.

Taukeiaho’s move from France to Belmore could have major ramifications for the Broncos in the battle for NSW Origin superstar Payne Haas.

The Bulldogs have been heavily linked with Brisbane’s star prop Haas but the impending signing of Taukeiaho, a fellow front-rower, further erodes Canterbury’s spending capacity under the salary cap.

Taukeiaho has not officially signed with Canterbury, but the Bulldogs are confident they have got their man.

Canterbury are in the advanced stages of finalising a two-year deal worth around $500,000 a season to secure Taukeiaho, continuing an aggressive recruitment drive that has netted Bronson Xerri, Liam Knight and Stephen Crichton.

Former Titans playmaker Toby Sexton also shifted to Belmore a fortnight ago and Ciraldo views Taukeiaho’s title-winning pedigree as a critical plank in his blueprint to revive the Bulldogs as a finals force.

Taukeiaho, who turns 32 in January, has told officials at Catalans he is keen to return to the NRL after fielding fresh offers in recent months.

The veteran of 168 NRL games only defected to the Super League this season after a successful eight-year stint at Bondi where he won back-to-back premierships with the Roosters in 2018-19.

Catalans are currently leading the Super League premiership after 19 rounds and while Taukeiaho is contracted to the French club for another 12 months, he is ready to return to Australia next year to resurrect his NRL career.

The Tigers have discussed a three-year deal for Taukeiaho, but Canterbury’s offer is more lucrative.

Catalans are pushing for a transfer fee or a player swap to match Taukeiaho’s standing before they release him from the final year of his deal.

The player does not necessarily have to come from the Bulldogs but the French outfit wants to be compensated before they formally release Taukeiaho.

The Eels paid a transfer fee of $50,000 to fast-track Joey Lussick’s release from St Helens just this week.

He only joined Catalans on a two-year contract this year following a decorated stint at the Roosters.

The Bulldogs also hatched a plan to sign Taukeiaho’s Catalans teammate Tyrone May earlier this year but quickly withdrew their interest.

The acquisition of Taukeiaho is another boost for the lowly Bulldogs. A veteran of 13 Tests for Tonga, Taukeiaho brings skill, toughness and experience to a Canterbury club under pressure to climb out of the NRL cellar.

Comment

he was great for us but he can do what he thinks is best. good luck to him

Comment

Meh.
                          I think we let him go because his best was behind him. Now another year has past. Always loved him as a Rooster but I hope JWH and Cena double team him if he is wearing another jersey.

Comment

If he goes to Mecca.. then not much to worry about he is injury prone will not last long.
                            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

I’m not that bothered. I’d prefer a front rower about to hit his prime not a front rower past his prime.

Comment

Working...
                              X