SST to Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chook2 View Post

Yes I’d go SST particularly for that money, I reckon sst should be commanding $750k
    better then Leniu and been around the club all ready for ages
    one of the top 5 props the last several years
    Seems clear cut to me. I know you can’t time travel and this is all in hindsight but I was curious if anyone would prefer Leinu.

Comment

Originally posted by Qld Chook View Post

Seems clear cut to me. I know you can’t time travel and this is all in hindsight but I was curious if anyone would prefer Leinu.
      Leinu is the future, so that’s a yes from me.

Our team needs the right balance between youth and experience.

Comment

Leniu.

Comment

So much for Gus and Ciralto re-building from within …load of f**king bollocks Mr Gould

Comment

not going to lie.....this one is going to hurt to see

Comment

Originally posted by Qld Chook View Post
              Hypothetical for everyone..

Would you rather Leinu or SST for the next two years?

We reportedly forked out $525K/year for Leinu and the dogs are reportedly offering $500K/year to SST (Dragons & Tigers are also having a nibble at him).

Personally, I’d hands down go SST. I absolutely loved him in our colours and always thought he was criminally underrated. I hope I’m wrong but I think Leinu is just an impact bench forward. Which there is nothing wrong with if he gets on and skittles blokes but I just don’t know if I’d wanna pay that sort of money for him.
              We have purchased Leinu with the intention of developing him into a starting prop. He’s not coming to be a career bench man.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook2 View Post

Yes I’d go SST particularly for that money, I reckon sst should be commanding $750k
                better then Leniu and been around the club all ready for ages
                one of the top 5 props the last several years
                $750k per season for a prop who will be 32 in january with recent injury problems is madness that's salary cap assault he's played 6 out of 19 league games this year

Comment

Originally posted by JAF View Post

Leinu is the future, so that’s a yes from me.

Our team needs the right balance between youth and experience.
                  Leinu bends the line, Tauks best days are behind him.
                  can't blame him 500k for 2 years at his age is a good super package.

Comment

Originally posted by SamKerrSimp View Post

$750k per season for a prop who will be 32 in january with recent injury problems is madness that's salary cap assault he's played 6 out of 19 league games this year
                    It’s not really when you look at the cap
                    The cap at $12m with 30 players is $400k average per player so paying $500k is not huge money now
                    watson is on that and has not played this year and hardly last year as a bench utility
                    $750 isn’t massive money for a prop, jwh is higher and haas and Tino they are talking close to $1m
                    so $750k I would pay, suaali is on this Money
                    he is 31, 32 next year and could still have 4/5years left! Just cause he is injured this year doesn’t mean he will be next year

Comment

Bring SST back here. He falls into the category of "once a Rooster always a Rooster"

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                        We have purchased Leinu with the intention of developing him into a starting prop. He’s not coming to be a career bench man.
                        I know that’s the intent. I just can’t see it happening/working if I’m honest. I mean it would be typical of us to try our best to play him in a way that’s unnatural for him.

Does he even have a motor? Seems to be explosive player at his best with 15min spurts.

SST has something we lack massive right now, leadership. He has won comps and our pack is young & raw.

Comment

Working...
                        X