See ya Luke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
    With the strong possibility that all 3 (Keary/JWH/Toops) will retire at the end of 2024 it will not only spur them on for a big final season but all the other players as well.
    Toops going nowhere. Still playing well and will become the only remaining player that qualifies for Long Service Allowance in 2025.

Comment

I hate the title of this thread, i think Luke deserves respect for the efforts he has made for the Roosters.
      Certainly a courageous man, and always come across as a genuine good guy.
      Yes the head knocks have taken their toll, and he's slowed down a bit, but many halves play their best footy in their early 30's.
      I certainly like Dearden, and would sign him in a heartbeat, but show some respect for Luke,
      he will be with us next year, doing his best, and still has plenty to offer.
      Last edited by NorfolkStreetKid; 07-29-2023, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
        I hate the title of this thread, i think Luke deserves respect for the efforts he has made for the Roosters.
        Yes the head knocks have taken their toll, and he's slowed down a bit, but many halves play their best footy in their early 30's.
        I certainly like Dearden, and would sign him in a heartbeat, but sow some respect for Luke,
        Well said mate.

Comment

I think Keary still has a bunch to offer. The whole spine this year has been fairly ordinary in attack. Perhaps we need a new spine coach, or a new attack coach. Attack has moved way too lateral all year,

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post

Toops going nowhere. Still playing well and will become the only remaining player that qualifies for Long Service Allowance in 2025.
            I’m not sure that’s true, Butcher & Manu are into their 8th season this year, Radley, Collins & Keary will be into their 8th season next year which from my understanding means they would all qualify.

Comment

There are a number of players that look good against the weaker teams however are too slow against the better sides. No disrespect to Luke but he is one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

I’m not sure that’s true, Butcher & Manu are into their 8th season this year, Radley, Collins & Keary will be into their 8th season next year which from my understanding means they would all qualify.
                Didn't know they dropped it down to 8 years. They also changed it to 10 years in top 30 players across multiple clubs which means Teddy already qualifies.

I still think Toops will be retained on merit in 2025.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post

Didn't know they dropped it down to 8 years. They also changed it to 10 years in top 30 players across multiple clubs which means Teddy already qualifies.

I still think Toops will be retained on merit in 2025.
                  The intent behind long service discounts is good but the execution is poor, I’ve also been told that they include years played above SG Ball level at the club but haven’t been able to confirm that.

It’s so loose the discount just becomes part of the cap anyway because so many players are eligible, I can’t imagine there’s a club out there not using it in full every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

The intent behind long service discounts is good but the execution is poor, I’ve also been told that they include years played above SG Ball level at the club but haven’t been able to confirm that.

It’s so loose the discount just becomes part of the cap anyway because so many players are eligible, I can’t imagine there’s a club out there not using it in full every year.
                    Agree. If NRL were serious they would make it a fixed amount for any player over a certain age with no other fluffy criteria. Maybe cap the number of eligible players per team so that teams can't take the piss. Then also do something for the younger players that would ultimately drop out of the NSW Cup sides.

Comment

I certainly like Dearden, and would sign him in a heartbeat, but sow some respect for Luke,
                      It was a heat of the moment thing as I posted this thread right before HT when kezza had a shocker of an attempt on Carrigan.. so yeah I probably shouldn’t of wrote the title as such however my points do still stand in my eyes - he has lost all explosiveness which was really his key attribute. His kicking game isn’t up to standard and defence is also an issue the broncos were smart to send Haas his way all night that was easy yardage.

Also can I ask since when does being a good guy matter on the footy field? Does it earn you points?

Comment

Totally right. Keary deserves respect. It doesn't change anything about his form but he has been a great Rooster.

Comment

Working...
                        X