Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bumpety bump bump bump. #ashleykleinisacheat

Comment

He’s doing us a favour without realising it. Our defense is getting better due to having to defend so much and we are learning mentally to play what’s in front of us no matter how much adversity. Thats why most losses this year have been us beating ourselves. A bad ref is just pushing us to become better so that we can win against all odds. We have to win on our own steam not rely on refs getting us across the line.
      “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
        He’s doing us a favour without realising it. Our defense is getting better due to having to defend so much and we are learning mentally to play what’s in front of us no matter how much adversity. Thats why most losses this year have been us beating ourselves. A bad ref is just pushing us to become better so that we can win against all odds. We have to win on our own steam not rely on refs getting us across the line.
        Yep I always say that when we're in premiership form, we're so good that not even the refs can stop us. IMO the refs can lead the opposition to the try line but they can't force it to ground the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
          I don't think he's a cheat, he's just a terrible ref. Seriously, what did the poor Manly guy do to get sin binned? The problem with that stinker of a decision was he spent the next 20 mins making up for it by hammering us at every opportunity. I'm still shaking my head at the Nat Butcher lost it in the play the ball ruling.....it wasn't even close to being lost. Was such a shame we had lost our review already
          I think just the opposite...if he was merely a terrible ref, then half of his shit calls would go in our favor. To me it looks intentional.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Yep I always say that when we're in premiership form, we're so good that not even the refs can stop us. IMO the refs can lead the opposition to the try line but they can't force it to ground the ball.
            With the assistance he gave them in the lead up Klein may as well have scored both their tries yesterday
            When you trust your television
            what you get is what you got
            Cause when they own the information
            they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post

With the assistance he gave them in the lead up Klein may as well have scored both their tries yesterday
              The Sam Walker “offside” was just such blatant game managing bullshit.

Dragons had had about 4 sets in a row at us. We defended well. They knocked on with a shit play. Our ball. Three seconds later “oh look better give offside”. Walker is dead set probably a foot offside, with the Dragons 1m from the try line and has no impact at all on their error. If you’re giving plays like that offside you have to have a penalty count of about 40-37 by the end of the game. It was just a classic “I’m getting Saints back into this” play. And they still didn’t score

Comment

You know there’s a problem with the ref when supporters of all clubs groan aloud when they see that Klein is reffing their game. Who the ref is shouldn’t matter, and it never used to, but in his case, it does. It matters A LOT. I was in the camp that thought he was just incompetent rather than dodgy, but after Origin 2 and yesterday, it looks like he is deliberately trying to manage the outcome of a game, ie, he isn’t just refereeing impartially anymore. Surely that is corruption? Definitely a corruption of what he’s meant to be doing. He doesn’t even try to hide it. And the fact that we’re all supposed to just pretend that it’s us, not him, that’s the problem is just flat out insulting.

Comment

Clown is just Archer reincarnated.
                  The Mr Wolf of the last few years.
                  Why else would he get SOO gigs? He isn't in the top 3 refs going around.

FFS

Comment

Shit stain of a ref.

A putrid, incompetent and pathetic reason to be called a NRL match official !

Piece of shit should be sacked effective immediately instead of continuing to be a token hire !

Comment

Clown is a Absolute blight on whistle blowers everywhere, well him and his two co-horts in the Axis anyway, the worst part is when fkn Annersley can’t explain away his shit with a deep dive into the rule book , he fkn apologizes for him and sticks him in the bunker to **** up another game anyway …maybe we need cloning to become a thing, then we can have 3 Kevin roberts, 2 Greg Hartleys and another Bill harrigan

Comment

where are all the cement trucks these days?

1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
                        1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

Originally posted by DP1990 View Post
                          Shit stain of a ref.

A putrid, incompetent and pathetic reason to be called a NRL match official !

Piece of shit should be sacked effective immediately instead of continuing to be a token hire !
                          Bravo Bravo Bravo. Well said.
                          When you trust your television
                          what you get is what you got
                          Cause when they own the information
                          they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

I thought he went okay the ref except for Sin Binning, JWH. The Roosters scored 30 points after receiving either penalties or set restarts, and the Dragons scored 12 points. So he could hardly be said to be favouring the Dragons.

The Roosters have the 3rd best winning percentage under Klein - 38 wins and 27 losses - 58.46% only Melbourne - 40 - 24 - 62.50% and Canterbury - 25-17 - 59.52%
                            Last edited by King Salvo; 07-08-2024, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Jesus Christ, it's likely to get worse before it gets better.

Klein's son, Ethan, was named NSWRL Junior Referee of the Year at the Brad Fittler Medal dinner in 2022 and it has been said that he is on 'a trajectory for a lengthy refereeing career'.

In an interview 2 years ago he said “I’ll keep going until my knees give out. I just want to get better and better – every referee’s goal is to make to the NRL then to World Cups, Grand Finals, State of Origins".

That would make at least 3 generations of Kleins who have (or had) an involvement in rugby league.

John Klein, Ashley's father, was a Parramatta junior who first started with Penrith in Third Grade in 1972 before making his first-grade debut in Round 1974 as the starting halfback. He also had a strong affiliation with Blacktown Workers and the CRL.

Comment

Ahhh ok, I'm now seeing where Klein's hatred of the Roosters might have had its origins. It looks like it's a family thing. His old man failed on the field, so Klein is doing it with the whistle.

From the Canberra Times, Wednesday 10th August 1977:

The judiciary also suspended Penrith reserve grade half John Klein (Ashley's father) for two premiership matches after his dismissal in the match against Eastern Suburbs at the Sydney Cricket Ground on Sunday. Klein was sent off on a charge of allegedly using a head-high tackle on a player not in possession of the ball.
                                Last edited by Carlos Parra; 07-09-2024, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X