Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Justin Holbrook. I don't remember much of his time as a player with us but I went to a sunday afternoon game against the Cowboys in 2001 or 2002 when Justin Holbrook played in the halves when a Cowboys player run out of the line off a scrum I believe and deliberately broke Justin's jaw it's one of the most disgraceful things I have ever seen in a footy game thankfully we beat them by 50 and it was Matt Sing's first game against us he was one of my favourite players for the Roosters

Comment

Had a little bit to do with Justin when he came up to play on the central Coast in the late Nineties. Really nice guy , a very smart footballer who lives and breaths the game . This is a great signing for us .

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Stephen Kearney was assistant under Craig Bellamy only last year and Woolf assists at the Dolphins for Bennett.

Why wouldn't you hire the best available candidate?
        Hahahahhaha oh come on man.. comparing Stephen bloody kearny to Justin ahahah clutching

Comment

We need a top attacking coach hopefully Justin is the man

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post

Hahahahhaha oh come on man.. comparing Stephen bloody kearny to Justin ahahah clutching
            I’m not comparing anyone, you just said established.

You don’t think Stephen Kearney is an established coach?

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

I just read that as his family didn't want to move to England and the Roosters were his best option here in Australia.
              I just reckon if the stars align and Trent decides to head overseas at the end of his current deal with the clubs blessing, then Justin would be considered a part of the furniture and a suitable replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by SamKerrSimp View Post
                Welcome Justin Holbrook. I don't remember much of his time as a player with us but I went to a sunday afternoon game against the Cowboys in 2001 or 2002 when Justin Holbrook played in the halves when a Cowboys player run out of the line off a scrum I believe and deliberately broke Justin's jaw it's one of the most disgraceful things I have ever seen in a footy game thankfully we beat them by 50 and it was Matt Sing's first game against us he was one of my favourite players for the Roosters
                I remember that incident.
                There wasn't much of Justin in stature in his playing days. Good organising half with a neat step is how I remember him.

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post

I remember that incident.
                  There wasn't much of Justin in stature in his playing days. Good organising half with a neat step is how I remember him.
                  From memory he debuted for us against the Dragons on Anzac Day and had a cracker of a game..

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                    From memory he debuted for us against the Dragons on Anzac Day and had a cracker of a game..
                    Correct.
                    Scored a try and kicked a few.

Lol the opposition half was Willie Peters who's also now coaching.
                    Piggy Riddell was also fire but wasn't he always against us.

Comment

Correct.
                      Scored a try and kicked a few.

Lol the opposition half was Willie Peters who's also now coaching.
                      Piggy Riddell was also fire but wasn't he always against us.
                      Riddell killed me every time we played Saints,always rubbed it in our faces with top shelf performances..

Same with Soward!

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                        Riddell killed me every time we played Saints,always rubbed it in our faces with top shelf performances..

Same with Soward!
                        So true.
                        Piggy was a standout in our lower grades and would repeatedly score tries week after week out of dummy half.
                        Hindsight is great however, he should never had been let go.
                        He and Wingy would have been a perfect combo.

Comment

I just reckon if the stars align and Trent decides to head overseas at the end of his current deal with the clubs blessing, then Justin would be considered a part of the furniture and a suitable replacement.
                          I agree but for the time being I see Holbrook as becoming a key member of the coaching staff. Not a threat to Robbo

Comment

So true.
                            Piggy was a standout in our lower grades and would repeatedly score tries week after week out of dummy half.
                            Hindsight is great however, he should never had been let go.
                            He and Wingy would have been a perfect combo.
                            Riddel and Wingy would’ve been a dream combo mate,if only..
                            Last edited by Lydon; 08-05-2023, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Good snag. Getting an assistant with a heap of experience should work nice imo.
                              Also think he's a decent bloke so onwards and upwards.

Comment

And if Trent has another underperforming season, it should negate the "we dont have anyone to replace him" chorus line.

Comment

Working...
                                X