This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
    It's pissed off the dog fans so I'm happy.
    Are you pissed off he may make our club stronger?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

And if Trent has another underperforming season, it should negate the "we dont have anyone to replace him" chorus line.
      If we have trouble in attack next year dont know if replacing the head coach with the attacking coach would be a great idea.

Im sure the idea is to work as a team- they can both take the accolades and criticisms that will come

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
        Feeling old-i played against Holbrook a few times 40 odd years ago in the Canterbury juniors.

He was major success in Super League- for me there is no doubt he could be a stand alone first grade coach in the NRL.

He is great mates with Robbo- he won't be asking for a early release even if targeted by other clubs- he is of the Fitzgibbon type mould
        That’s great to hear. I knew he was friends with Robbo but didn’t know they were that tight. That makes the signing even better imho.

Comment

I think it’s a good signing.

Comment

Feeling old-i played against Holbrook a few times 40 odd years ago in the Canterbury juniors.

He was major success in Super League- for me there is no doubt he could be a stand alone first grade coach in the NRL.

He is great mates with Robbo- he won't be asking for a early release even if targeted by other clubs- he is of the Fitzgibbon type mould
            Who did you play for RR?
            I coached against Holbrook when he was 15/16.

Comment

Originally posted by FAZ View Post

Who did you play for RR?
              I coached against Holbrook when he was 15/16.
              I started Bankstown Central Redbacks in 1981 and moved on to Bankstown Sports. I think Holbrook played at Milperra Colts or St Christophers Panania??? He didn't get graded at the Bulldogs- i think Brent Sherwin was the gun half but Holbrook was talented. Who did you coach?

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

This is utter bullshiit. Holbrook was head coach at St Helens and won 70 from 87 games over 3 years
                Holbrook took over the Titans who came LAST the year before and took them to 9th,
                then he got them in the finals his 2nd year, and we FLUKED a win over them.
                Gold Coast have always been a fringe team and he probably did as well as anyone would have.
                I think he will be a huge help to us and he might just get Trent to come back from pixieland.
                That right NSK.

It's all about the cattle IMO.

TRobbo was wet behind the ears when he got his first start as Head Coach in 2013. He walked into a squad filled with talent, skill and experience.

The rest is history!

Comment

Coach Robinson had considerable experience in Coaching from his Coaching Stints Overseas , Senior Pathways and in NRL before taking on his current Head Coach Role at the Roosters in 2013.
                  • Head Coach -Toulouse Olympic -2005 to 2006
                  • Strength & Condition Coach Hull Kingston Rovers - 2006
                  • Assistant Coach to Brian Smith- Newcastle Knights - 2007 to 2009 - plus Coached Newcastle Knights Premier League Side in 2007 and NYC side in 2008
                  • Assistant Coach to Brian Smith- Sydney Roosters - 2010
                  • Head Coach - Catalans Dragons - 2011 to 2012
                  • Head Coach - Sydney Roosters - 2013 to present

Comment

Still remember Holbrook helping us beat the Dragons back in the day. Had a good short kicking game. Left footer from memory.
                    Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Great news!

Comment

These are the types of people we want at the Club!

The type of person that mirrors Nick Politis when it comes to integrity..

Comment

Hopefully this is a wake up call to Robinson that his tenure is not set in stone and that he needs to take responsibility for some of the ridiculous decisions he has made over the past 2 seasons at least.
                          The well documented and failed experiments with
                          Keary at half,
                          Manu at 5/8 ,
                          Suaalii at centre........
                          which I note he has changed all 3 now,
                          without coming out and admitting he stuffed up.
                          Also his management of the Crighton situation,
                          his over selection of Hutchison,
                          the dropping of Walker.... who he has said will go straight back into first grade when he is available.
                          Recruiting and releasing Lodge,
                          our ridiculous attacking record
                          the management of Radley
                          all these and more need to be reviewed and corrected.
                          Hopefully Holbrook will provide a more professional sounding board when these decisions are made.
                          Robinson is obviously struggling, I hope Holbrook's appointment helps.
                          Last edited by NorfolkStreetKid; 08-07-2023, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Hopefully this is a wake up call to Robinson that his tenure is not set in stone and that he needs to take responsibility for some of the ridiculous decisions he has made over the past 2 seasons at least.
                            Keary at half,
                            Manu at 5/8 ,
                            which I not he has changed all 3 now, without coming out and admitting he stuffed up.
                            the dropping of Walker.... who he has said will go straight back into first grade when he is available.
                            the management of Radley
                            Hopefully Holbrook will provide a more professional sounding board when these decisions are made.
                            to be fair mate I think he has actively sought to get Holbrook on board . I know it doesn’t fit your agenda but it’s quite clear

Comment

Keary at half,
                              Manu at 5/8 ,
                              which I not he has changed all 3 now, without coming out and admitting he stuffed up.
                              the management of Radley
                              Spot on!

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                                Coach Robinson had considerable experience in Coaching from his Coaching Stints Overseas , Senior Pathways and in NRL before taking on his current Head Coach Role at the Roosters in 2013.
                                • Head Coach -Toulouse Olympic -2005 to 2006
                                • Strength & Condition Coach Hull Kingston Rovers - 2006
                                • Assistant Coach to Brian Smith- Newcastle Knights - 2007 to 2009 - plus Coached Newcastle Knights Premier League Side in 2007 and NYC side in 2008
                                • Assistant Coach to Brian Smith- Sydney Roosters - 2010
                                • Head Coach - Catalans Dragons - 2011 to 2012
                                • Head Coach - Sydney Roosters - 2013 to present

Coaching abroad adds experience, nouse and know how however, to my point, NRL is the benchmark....regarded as the elite standard in the World.

TRobbo "considerable" coaching experience prior to 2013 was invaluable however, the building blocks and blue chip players Uncle Nick and Brian Smith assembled for the rookie coach i.e. Maloney, SBW, O'Donnell and Jennings were key ingredients and without them, IMO we might not have been as successful in 2013.

King, you have an opinion on everything which is totally fine (for some ) however, sometimes for the sake of it - just agree to disagree.
                                It's ok not wanting to have the final say/word all the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X