This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rooster36 View Post

to be fair mate I think he has actively sought to get Holbrook on board . I know it doesn’t fit your agenda but it’s quite clear
    I don't have an agenda. I just say what I think.
    Robinson is struggling, hopefully he knows it and is getting help.
    He has made the changes to the decisions I knew where stupid, finally.
    But I think he should acknowledge he stuffed up.
    Why is that an agenda?
    I have followed the Chooks for over 60 years, long before Robinson, and hopefully long after him.
    I hope he gets help to fix the things he has stuffed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
      I think it’s a good signing.
      Bloody oath. It's good business.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Voodoo Man View Post

Bloody oath. It's good business.
        Indeed, nipping issues in the bud early by addressing them rather than procrastinating about them and allowing them to be questioned and scrutinised through the media is good management.

The RWB stone gathers no moss (but perhaps some nicks and rough edges along the way which tend to gradually smooth-out )

Comment

Folk are hoping against hope that Holbrook's signing has Coach Robinson on notice though

It's been a case of too many injuries along with form issues and the squad depth has been tested to the limit and then some.

As I said before the Roosters possible top 17 have missed up to 109 games so far this season and they have used 30 players compared to for an example Penrith's possible top 17 missing 37 games (24 players used)

Sharks have used 22 players so far in 2023 and Brisbane 25

Not once this season has the Roosters possible best 17 played as a combination either

If all players had been available for the bulk of the season like Penrith . Brisbane . Sharks for an example then folk may have a case to argue about Coach Robinson's Coaching.

That isn't the case though - some folk have non football related issues with Coach Robinson too it has to be said no matter what he does. - ditto certain players

The Roosters had a squad of 28 players to start the season - Hau Tapuha an early release. - back to 27 a few weeks into the season

Round 1 - 7 players unavailable for selection - Billy Smith / Sitili / Crichton / Watson / Momirivski / Manu and Toia

Round 2 - Manu back but Lodge out with facial fractures - 7 players still unavailable.

And so on

Just seems to me that some folk on here are thinking all the players have been available each and every week.

The Roosters would be top or near top in the number of squad players that have missed 5 or more games this season - 10

20 games played

Toops - 5
          Radley - 5
          Brandon Smith - 5
          Lodge - 5
          Billy Smith - 10
          Crichton - 11
          Sitili - 12
          Momirovski - 18
          * Walker - Unavailable for 12 games
          Toia - Unavailable for 17 games for selection if considered

* Depending on whether considered for re-instatement - played 2 NSW Cup games before being injured

Suaalii at centre was a logical decision when you consider - Billy Smith and Paul Momirovski were unavailable and this site has a meltdown if either Allan and or the Hutchinator plays centre

Who else was going to play centre ?

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

I don't have an agenda. I just say what I think.
            Robinson is struggling, hopefully he knows it and is getting help.
            He has made the changes to the decisions I knew where stupid, finally.
            But I think he should acknowledge he stuffed up.
            Why is that an agenda?
            I have followed the Chooks for over 60 years, long before Robinson, and hopefully long after him.
            I hope he gets help to fix the things he has stuffed up.
            Yea fair enough mate. I just think you are always being sarcastic and at times pretty aggressive against him and others supporting him … calling him the “Guru” and being quite personal against him is a bit out of order especially considering the bloke has won 3 comps 3 wccc and a 9’s. Having said that I get it would probably be just venting I certainly think he has opened himself up to critiscm this year.

Comment

Yea fair enough mate. I just think you are always being sarcastic and at times pretty aggressive against him and others supporting him … calling him the “Guru” and being quite personal against him is a bit out of order especially considering the bloke has won 3 comps 3 wccc and a 9’s. Having said that I get it would probably be just venting I certainly think he has opened himself up to critiscm this year.
              Thankyou. I certainly admit I have been very critical of Robinson this year,
              mostly my criticism has been to counteract what I feel is the over admiration of him on here, especially by the resident KAKFA.
              I , like everyone else, know we have won 3 premierships in his 11 year tenure , but I think there were plenty of other conrtibuting factors
              other than his talent as a coach.
              There are two camps..... those blind to Robinsons failings who fight aagainst anyone criticizing him,
              and those who feel he should be criticized because he has underperformed...... neither is fully right or wrong.
              Last edited by NorfolkStreetKid; 08-07-2023, 06:08 PM.

Comment

I think more than anything a thorough investigation needs to be made into our injury toll since 2020.
                if we need to pinch a trainer or conditioner from penrith so be it.

robbo has looked clueless at times this year, but hard to be overly critical when rolling out half a tem.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post
                  I think more than anything a thorough investigation needs to be made into our injury toll since 2020.
                  if we need to pinch a trainer or conditioner from penrith so be it
                  Agree 100%.
                  Our injury toll hasn't improved since they flicked Touma. Can't keep blaming it on bad luck!!!

Is it the training fields or the mid week training regime they're doing?
                  There seems to be injuries occurring during opposed sessions. Should this be reviewed?

As former coach Toovey emphatically once stated - there needs to be an investigation!

Comment

I totally agree with you. That NSK thinks he is allowed to write what and how he thinks. The hide. And how aggressive is he, calling Robbo the "guru"? That is pretty extreme. Likely he is one of those guys you see at the game who boo the opposition. And how dare he take our losses personal and show emotion. You'd think it was sport. You'd think this was the worst performance by any coach this year. You'd think it has been a 3 year slide and not looking to improve. You'd think NSK had 60 years invested in this team and deserved to have a voice. NSK please join our cheerleading squad. We only clap and cheer. We love Robbo, always will. Remember, it was only last decade that Robbo won us some comps. And what about NSK's sarcasm. NSK sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Our team have a no wit policy. You are hereby required to write like that other bloke on this site who just regurgitates a bunch of facts. He loves Robbo too. xoxo love you Robbo.

Comment

Originally posted by On the Nose View Post

I totally agree with you. That NSK thinks he is allowed to write what and how he thinks. The hide. And how aggressive is he, calling Robbo the "guru"? That is pretty extreme. Likely he is one of those guys you see at the game who boo the opposition. And how dare he take our losses personal and show emotion. You'd think it was sport. You'd think this was the worst performance by any coach this year. You'd think it has been a 3 year slide and not looking to improve. You'd think NSK had 60 years invested in this team and deserved to have a voice. NSK please join our cheerleading squad. We only clap and cheer. We love Robbo, always will. Remember, it was only last decade that Robbo won us some comps. And what about NSK's sarcasm. NSK sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Our team have a no wit policy. You are hereby required to write like that other bloke on this site who just regurgitates a bunch of facts. He loves Robbo too. xoxo love you Robbo.
                      Get a grip on reality - It's a game of football is what it is and there is another one next week and another comp next year.

If folk get so worked up over it they should get a hobby or have other interests in their lives.

As I have said many a time I support other teams in a range of different sports and at the same time when the comps are running - plus Women comps - NRLW / AFLW

Certainly big gaps between the previous and next premierships/championships which makes the next one they win all the more memorable.
                      • Sydney Roosters 1975 - next one 2002 - 27 year gap
                      • Richmond Tigers -AFL - 1980 - next one 2017 - 37 year gap
                      • New England Patriots - NFL - 1970 was when they became New England Patriots - First Super bowl win 2001
                      • Atlanta Braves - MLB - 1995 - next World Series Win - 2021 - 26 year gap
                      • Nottingham Forest - EPL - Forest from being the best team in England and Europe(1977 -1980) to spending 23 years in the English Championship before gaining promotion back to top flight football in the 2022/23 EPL Season.
                      The Roosters since 2000 have been in 8 GF's winning 4 - so a GF every 3 years - any other teams supporters would gladly take that

I wonder how some folk on here would ever cope supporting a MLB Team when that Team will lose at least 60 plus games in the regular 162 game season - end up in a rubber room laying on the floor in a foetal position perhaps.

Folk on here have a melt down even after 1 loss.

Lucky the internet wasn't around for much of that gap time the Roosters had between Premierships one has to say.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Get a grip on reality - It's a game of football is what it is and there is another one next week and another comp next year.

If folk get so worked up over it they should get a hobby or have other interests in their lives.

As I have said many a time I support other teams in a range of different sports and at the same time when the comps are running - plus Women comps - NRLW / AFLW

Certainly big gaps between the previous and next premierships/championships which makes the next one they win all the more memorable.
                        • Sydney Roosters 1975 - next one 2002 - 27 year gap
                        • Richmond Tigers -AFL - 1980 - next one 2017 - 37 year gap
                        • New England Patriots - NFL - 1970 was when they became New England Patriots - First Super bowl win 2001
                        • Atlanta Braves - MLB - 1995 - next World Series Win - 2021 - 26 year gap
                        • Nottingham Forest - EPL - Forest from being the best team in England and Europe(1977 -1980) to spending 23 years in the English Championship before gaining promotion back to top flight football in the 2022/23 EPL Season.
                        The Roosters since 2000 have been in 8 GF's winning 4 - so a GF every 3 years - any other teams supporters would gladly take that

I wonder how some folk on here would ever cope supporting a MLB Team when that Team will lose at least 60 plus games in the regular 162 game season - end up in a rubber room laying on the floor in a foetal position perhaps.

Folk on here have a melt down even after 1 loss.

Lucky the internet wasn't around for much of that gap time the Roosters had between Premierships one has to say.
                        Shut up dick head........you certainly seem to get very worked up about Robbo and hutch, and every other opinion you have, just shut the fuuk up and get back to work
                        oh thats right
                        you are a public servant so plenty of time.
                        Stick your folk up your woke ass Sally KAKFA.
                        Most on here don't give a flying fuuk what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by On the Nose View Post

Thanks for the support OTN. Opinions are like arse holes...... some are more full of shiit than others.

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

I started Bankstown Central Redbacks in 1981 and moved on to Bankstown Sports. I think Holbrook played at Milperra Colts or St Christophers Panania??? He didn't get graded at the Bulldogs- i think Brent Sherwin was the gun half but Holbrook was talented. Who did you coach?
                            I coached at St Johns Eagles.

Comment

Working...
                            X