WATSON v HUTCH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neither.
    Never rated Watson & thought it was a terrible decision to recruit a nothing player that in my eyes is rated by many to be good at many positions, but to me good at none of them. Aubbo could fill in anywhere but Watson is just all round average & will never be a starter in a position. While I say no to Hutch that’s really more based on where the club should be as opposed to where it is. He would never get a game at Penrith this year or in our 18/19 sides but in the current situation of where the club is he’s the best back up we have or will have for the next year or 2. My issue is if we keep him does Sandon then sit around longer or does he move & we lose him to keep Hutch who has nowhere near the amount of years or potential with the club.
    Last edited by TumutChook; 08-06-2023, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SamKerrSimp View Post
      I'd keep both players but I accept that Connor Watson is probably too good to keep as a backup or rotation option and may leave to chase better opportunities elsewhere. 14 isn't a position and they play completely different roles within the team you can fit both of them on the bench and despite all of the disgusting and excessive hate that Drew Hutchison receives on this website by so called "fans" and "supporters" he has great versatility and would not command a big salary which makes him an astute re-signing.
      I don’t get the praise & rating for him. He’s not too good as a rotation player otherwise he would be a regular started or getting chased by good clubs. He wasn’t good enough for us so he left for a bottom feeder club, we got him back when no one else really chased him, he couldn’t get a regular starting spot & now another bottom feeder rabble of a club wants him. Notice how none of the strong clubs are after him as they can see he offers nothing & can’t nail down a position.

Comment

It may be time to look for a better option.

Do you think Hutch or Watson would be in the Panthers or Broncos 30 man squad? I doubt it!

Comment

Sorry Connor. Had a few beers with you but Sandon trumps ya
          1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Both average to reasonably good.

Probably a reflection of where the club is at the moment.

Comment

So let both Hutch and Watson go and keep Turpin and Sandon going forward?

Comment

Turpin may well be surplus to requirements for 2024

Squad for 2024 so far - Players with a contract for 2024 - Top 30 squad
                1. Tedesco - FB
                2. Toops - WG
                3. Billy Smith - CTR/WG
                4. Momirovski - CTR/WG
                5. Manu - CTR/FB/WG/FE
                6. Suaalii - WG/CTR/FB
                7. Murphy- WG
                8. Young-WG/CTR
                9. Keary - FE/HB
                10. Walker - HB/FE
                11. Brandon Smith - DH/LK
                12. JWH - FR
                13. Collins - FR
                14. Leniu - FR
                15. Crichton - FR
                16. Sitili - SR
                17. N Butcher -SR/LK/FR
                18. E Butcher - SR/LK
                19. Radley - LK/SR
                20. Whyte - FR/SR
                21. May - FR
                22. Wong - SR/LK
                23. Toia - CTR/WG
                24. Sandon Smith - HB/FE/FB/DH *
                * Sandon is on a development contract for 2024 but one would expect he would be upgraded and elevated to the top 30 squad

Players off contract ( no contract for 2024) - No confirmation of any contract extension at this stage

Watson - LK/DH
                Hutchinator - HB/FE/DH/CTR
                Turpin - DH
                Brown - SR/LK
                * Pauga - WG/CTR
                * Deakin - DH
                *Thomas - FR

* Development/Extended Bench Contract

The Roosters don't sign 30 players - usually 27 or 28 players - Utilise development contract and extended bench contract players

So with 24 players already signed for 2024 that leaves 3 to 4 top 30 spots available depending on the re-signing confirmation of any of the off contract players

5 Development contracts also available if as expected Sandon Smith is upgraded and elevated to the top 30 squad in 2024 - Alex Young was signed to a development contract for 2024.
                Last edited by King Salvo; 08-07-2023, 11:43 AM.

Comment

I am sure both Penrith and Brisbane are more than happy with their squads so it's rather irrelevant to judge a players ability on whether they would make another teams squad.

Would the Sharks Hynes make either of those squads - No - Penrith have Cleary/Luai/Edwards - Brisbane have Reynolds/Mam/Walsh

It has to be noted though that Fletcher Baker who was not rated by most on here was signed by the Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                    I am sure both Penrith and Brisbane are more than happy with their squads so it's rather irrelevant to judge a players ability on whether they would make another teams squad.

Would the Sharks Hynes make either of those squads - No - Penrith have Cleary/Luai/Edwards - Brisbane have Reynolds/Mam/Walsh

It has to be noted though that Fletcher Baker who was not rated by most on here was signed by the Broncos
                    Comparing Hutch and Watson to Hynes now....... this clown has lost it.
                    Last edited by NorfolkStreetKid; 08-07-2023, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Hutch should chase the money . Someone will offer him a decent contract somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Voodoo Man View Post
                        Hutch should chase the money . Someone will offer him a decent contract somewhere.
                        let's hope so.

Comment

Working...
                        X