No announcement yet.

WALKERS ON!!! SQUAD v TIGPIES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy to see Walker back, he definitely looked decent in the bears the last fortnight.

Comment

Originally posted by Half time View Post
      Unbelievable.

just wish Angus wasn’t in the 17 this week, he’s a passenger presently
      He has some size, and can tackle.

Comment

Originally posted by gothechooks
        For what it's worth, at least until Walker gets rid of the cobwebs, I would have started Hutch at 7 with Walker on the bench.

You would also have the ask the question - when Egan Butcher, Whyte, Napa and Nathan Brown are fully fit, do they edge out Wong, Baker or May?

I doubt Sitili or Watson feature again this season unfortunately.
        He doesn’t get paid not to play. He’s fit, he plays.

Comment

Never take too much notice of “The Tuesday Team”.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

God yeah, Jocelyn Kelleher kicks em further than young Sam.
            Tarryn Aiken does as well

Comment

Great news to see Sammy back where he belongs. Sandon offers far more utility value than Hutch does, although its ironic Hutch loses his spot in the 17 after actually playing well in the last month or so.

Bring on the weekend.

Comment

No one likes me saying it but Walker and Keary don’t work as a combo. Sure they won 8 straight last year but the simplicity and long kicking game Hutcho brings is underrated.
                just watch this week when the tigers start there sets on the 20/30 meter line instead of their goal line.

To contradict my above statement we can’t win the comp with a Keary/ Hutcho combo, but can with Keary/ Walker if we get a hot streak/lucky

Comment

So excited to finally see walker back expect him to have a big game and do a big f u to robbo
                  robbo stuffed up there big time
                  good depth seeing Egan butch and Whyte in the 22, I wonder if butch or Whyte will come in for may and baker?
                  gus lucky to keep a spot

I see in nsw cup hutch, Whyte and Egan were not named so might come in the 17
                  only have teddy to come back now from the 17. With it looking like Sitili and Watson won’t be back this year

expect Manu to have a blinder and glad Suaali staying on the wing

with back row spots up for battle expect the backrowers to push hard to hold their spots

Comment

[QUOTE=Headless Chook;n1022078]Who kicks the goals?[/QUOT
                    Suaalli

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterBooster View Post
                      No one likes me saying it but Walker and Keary don’t work as a combo. Sure they won 8 straight last year but the simplicity and long kicking game Hutcho brings is underrated.
                      just watch this week when the tigers start there sets on the 20/30 meter line instead of their goal line.

To contradict my above statement we can’t win the comp with a Keary/ Hutcho combo, but can with Keary/ Walker if we get a hot streak/lucky
                      Last week the eels started their 7 tackle sets on the 20 metre line because Hutch put his attacking kicks in goal. The week before his bombs went backwards giving Suallii no hope. He kicked a 40/20 when we were well up, which means nothing in the scheme of things. That's the reason his kicking game is underrated. Welcome back Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                        This has to be the worst selection decision in the history of Rugby League to drop the Hutchinator who has been one of the Roosters best players these past three weeks.

Have to strongly consider whether we attend another game and re-new our memberships.

A strongly worded email to the club is more than warranted and I expect heads to roll as a result of this unbelievable decision.

Coach Robinson has to go
                        At this point, you're abusing sarcasm.

Comment

Corey Allan has been named in both first grade and NSW Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                            Wow. I guess that's the best team we have available.
                            Very happy to see Sam back at 7.
                            I guess Allen won out over Pauga and possibly Toia.
                            Great to see Suaali stay on the wing.
                            I like Baker and May on the bench ahead of Napa.
                            I hope Angus can get back to near his best.
                            I'm happy to see Smith in ahead of Hutchison
                            I think he offers more as a 14.
                            If we can get past the Tigers, and get Teddy back for the Souths game we might make the 8.
                            We just need the Cowboys to lose one or Newcastle to lose two or Canberra to lose two.
                            It’s taken 26 rounds but team selections are finally looking good!

In all seriousness this 17 looks decent. Only change I’d consider is Hutch in for Sandon. If things don’t click with Sammy we can do a straight swap on the run. If not, Hutch can give Cheese a 10-15min breather when required, no huge loss imo.

I also wonder if Egan comes in on the bench for Baker..
                            Last edited by Qld Chook; 08-22-2023, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
                              Corey Allan has been named in both first grade and NSW Cup.
                              Aka Robbo will pick Hutch at centre but just won't name him there cause deep down he knows it's ridiculous but he's going to do it anyways. (look who ended up playing centre last year when we beat the Tigpies by 70 odd when not named there)

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
                                Who kicks the goals?
                                I'd have Suaalii kick for goal. This would take some of the pressure off Walker.

Comment

Working...
                                X