Player values - the top backs/halves/subs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player values - the top backs/halves/subs

I've listed all our top 30 players and added a value next to their name to come to $11.45 million in spend. (in excel)

People don't realise how many players fit into this when you consider many in that top 30 are probably on the minimum wage of $120K.

So starting with the backs in the top 30 what value do you assign to each- or what are the rumoured values (knowing that exact figures are never known by anybody except generally the club/player/manager and prob family of player......the media know as much as us!!!!)

CUT AND PASTE THE FOLLLOWING AND ADD A VALUE
    NOT WHAT YOU WOULD PAY BUT WHAT YOU THINK THEY EARN BASED ON RUMOURS ETC

Mine are mostly guesses... a couple on rumours.

Just the backs and subs.... I'll make another post for forwards if this gets traction.

1 - Teddie - $1100K
    2- Toops $350K
    3- Billy $300K
    4 - Manu $850K
    5 - Suali $650K
    6- Keary $800K
    7- Walker $500K
    x - Young - $400K
    x - Watson - $250K
    x - Sandon - $250K
    x - Toia - $120K

Have I left any out.

Noting Development: Alex Young, Blake Steep, (is he a back) Lewis Murphy are under a different cap value.

Thats $5.29 mill for the backs and subs on a guess...obviously this could be a couple fo $100k out either way!

I'll look at averages and see how we fit into the cap.
    Notably...2025 will look a lot differnt with the like sof Toops/Keary/Sualli not being there potentially.
    Kearys money will go eleshwere unless they keep Sandon in 6.... Toop sand Sualli will possibly top up Billy and others...

Good thread Nicola. Keep it going with the forwards values please.

Comment

Its strange that nobody has responded with figures...I'd love to get soem more input here.
      People have an opinion about who we can and can't keep because of the cap, yet unless you line up all 30 players and start piutting a figure against their name, then how does anybody know.
      It blows me away that the NRL forces teams to use all of their cap...this is what makes some teams look stacked when compared to others. There is noway the Tigers can be of the same value as ours or a couple of other squad, except they are forced to use al their cap. Many of their players are getting way over their value where a smany of ours are probably getting what they are deserve.

Start by averaging $11.45 mll across 30 players...then start adding to the top valued players/position by taking from the bottom valued players.
      You'd be surprised at how many high value players you can fit in if you have good blend of up and comers and value players.
      Teams that are successful usually have this blend perfectly.

Our 2018/19 squad was this... it was the value we got out of Morris or Fergo...the emergence of SST/ Latrell/Manu/Radley/Nappa/Butcher/Matterson/etc....the value out of Tetavono or Liu...

These guys allow you to buy Cronk and Tedesco on big money....and keep JWH and Cords etc.... everything just aligns beautifully!

Comment

Supposedly Sualli is on 800k this coming season.

Angus isn’t very good value for the $750k odd he’d be on.

With Sualli and Jarred gone at the end of 2024 and possibly Angus too, that would free up a bit. I reckon Toops will play on in 2025.

Comment

I’m hoping Angus has a better pre season and a much better 2024. I think he can re-gain his form, so he’s not a write off yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
            Supposedly Sualli is on 800k this coming season.

Angus isn’t very good value for the $750k odd he’d be on.

With Sualli and Jarred gone at the end of 2024 and possibly Angus too, that would free up a bit. I reckon Toops will play on in 2025.
            I don’t think Toops will get picked before Teddy, Suaalii, Smith, Manu, Young that’s what I think the back line will be. One of them guys will get injured so Toops will play FG during the year.

Comment

Originally posted by takethe 2 View Post
              I’m hoping Angus has a better pre season and a much better 2024. I think he can re-gain his form, so he’s not a write off yet.
              He will because he won’t be popping LSD in Europe this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

I don’t think Toops will get picked before Teddy, Suaalii, Smith, Manu, Young that’s what I think the back line will be. One of them guys will get injured so Toops will play FG during the year.
                Why would he get picked before Teddy who is a fullback or before Manu and Smith who are centres. Toops isn’t playing second fiddle. If he’s at the club he’s the first winger chosen. Nobody can match his work from our own end and nobody is better in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

2poo will be first picked.
                  1teddy
                  2 2poo
                  3 billy
                  4 joey m
                  5 dom
                  1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Nicola Tesla View Post
                    I've listed all our top 30 players and added a value next to their name to come to $11.45 million in spend. (in excel)

People don't realise how many players fit into this when you consider many in that top 30 are probably on the minimum wage of $120K.

So starting with the backs in the top 30 what value do you assign to each- or what are the rumoured values (knowing that exact figures are never known by anybody except generally the club/player/manager and prob family of player......the media know as much as us!!!!)

CUT AND PASTE THE FOLLLOWING AND ADD A VALUE
                    NOT WHAT YOU WOULD PAY BUT WHAT YOU THINK THEY EARN BASED ON RUMOURS ETC

Mine are mostly guesses... a couple on rumours.

Just the backs and subs.... I'll make another post for forwards if this gets traction.

1 - Teddie - $1100K
                    2- Toops $350K
                    3- Billy $300K
                    4 - Manu $850K
                    5 - Suali $650K
                    6- Keary $800K
                    7- Walker $500K
                    x - Young - $400K
                    x - Watson - $250K
                    x - Sandon - $250K
                    x - Toia - $120K

Have I left any out.

Noting Development: Alex Young, Blake Steep, (is he a back) Lewis Murphy are under a different cap value.

Thats $5.29 mill for the backs and subs on a guess...obviously this could be a couple fo $100k out either way!

I'll look at averages and see how we fit into the cap.
                    Notably...2025 will look a lot differnt with the like sof Toops/Keary/Sualli not being there potentially.
                    Kearys money will go eleshwere unless they keep Sandon in 6.... Toop sand Sualli will possibly top up Billy and others...
                    I think Toops was on 400k previously - not sure about his 2024 contract

Joseph-Aukuso Suaalii is on 750k
                    Keary - 850k
                    Young - 550 k - Knights offered 500k a season which the Roosters bettered
                    Watson was on 300k so maybe the same for 2024/25
                    Toia - 200k
                    Sandon Smith - 180 k
                    Billy Smith - 250k

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

I think Toops was on 400k previously - not sure about his 2024 contract

Joseph-Aukuso Suaalii is on 750k
                      Keary - 850k
                      Young - 550 k - Knights offered 500k a season which the Roosters bettered
                      Watson was on 300k so maybe the same for 2024/25
                      Toia - 200k
                      Sandon Smith - 180 k
                      Billy Smith - 250k

Are these your opinion on what they earn?
                      You state the figure and offers as if they are a fact? How do you know this? EG: "Toops was on $400k" ...how do you know? Did he or his agent, wife , dad tell you? Did Nick tell you?
                      I'm not dismissing your opinion, but nobody knows what a player is earning expect a few people associated with the club and player.
                      I had a good chat to a journo about this and he agreed. Some get fed values from managers or other club leaks, but more often than not they are to mislead.
                      Clubs that miss out on a player will delibratley tell a journo that they offered ahigh amount but couldn't beat the other teams offer. But often the player leaves for other reasons so the club doesn't ant to look incompetent. Other clubs will always try to make the roosters look like they out bid everyone to cast dispersion on the roosters cap.
                      Managers will always say a higher value to drive up their players price. or make themselves look like they have got a great deal for the player.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicola Tesla View Post

Are these your opinion on what they earn?
                        You state the figure and offers as if they are a fact? How do you know this? EG: "Toops was on $400k" ...how do you know? Did he or his agent, wife , dad tell you? Did Nick tell you?
                        I'm not dismissing your opinion, but nobody knows what a player is earning expect a few people associated with the club and player.
                        I had a good chat to a journo about this and he agreed. Some get fed values from managers or other club leaks, but more often than not they are to mislead.
                        Clubs that miss out on a player will delibratley tell a journo that they offered ahigh amount but couldn't beat the other teams offer. But often the player leaves for other reasons so the club doesn't ant to look incompetent. Other clubs will always try to make the roosters look like they out bid everyone to cast dispersion on the roosters cap.
                        Managers will always say a higher value to drive up their players price. or make themselves look like they have got a great deal for the player.
                        It was the type of money other rep wingers like Toops was on - To'o was on 400k as well for an example

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

It was the type of money other rep wingers like Toops was on - To'o was on 400k as well for an example
                          How do you know what anyone is on ...To'o wa son 400K...... how do you know what he is on? Did he tell you or are you going off reports?
                          Where did you get that figure from....

Comment

Working...
                          X