Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please, Teddy, after 10 concussions you need to call it a day - Peter FitzSimons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please, Teddy, after 10 concussions you need to call it a day - Peter FitzSimons

An article by Peter FitzSimons about why Tedesco should retire after 10 concussions.

Your thoughts?

And yes, of course I suspect this advice will be ignored. The Roosters will tell me to get nicked, commentators will assure us that they’re a club that truly cares, and you will be back in a fortnight and keep playing. Until the next concussion. And the one after that.

Mate, is there no chance that you will choose to break the pattern early, give your brain the respite it no doubt desperately needs, and call it a day? You’ve done enough, Digger. Rest.
    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ple...06-p5fhv1.html

Is this karnt still going?! He has to be a boomer in disguise.

this rhetoric of he’s had another knock you have to give it up gives me the sh!ts. He knows better than any one and would no doubt be seeing neurologists to give him the advice he needs. Not some bandanna wearing wanker trying to be relevant

Comment

He’s a rugby union guy that has to write rugby league articles to be relevant because nobody cares about rugby union

Comment

He's pleading like he really cares and then goes on to make assumptions about our club and it's concussion protocols.

Passive aggressive Wanka!

Comment

I rate Mike Carlton more now than this guy and his fkn Mrs.

FFS

Comment

Has he had 10 concussions? Or is this being over exaggerated?

I remember him getting destroyed by sivo, copping a knee to the head last year, and this one now, might be some minor ones in between.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
              Has he had 10 concussions? Or is this being over exaggerated?

I remember him getting destroyed by sivo, copping a knee to the head last year, and this one now, might be some minor ones in between.
              Thats what I was thinking now Keary thats another story.

Comment

Peter FitzSimons absolutely despises Rugby League.

Like, blind hatred almost.

The NRL ****s up a lot of things, but to their credit nowdays has a very good policy regarding concussions.

In addition, our club and our doctors are notorious for being extra conservative on this issue. We wouldn't let Keary on a field for weeks and weeks once, even though he insisted he was fine.

If Teddy needed to retire in the opinion of medical professionals, our club would make sure that happened - just as we did with Cords.

In summary, get farked Peter you useless agenda-driven turd.

Comment

A massive concern for the family. If Teddy was my son I’d be pleading with him to retire. The next head knock is just around the corner. He’s had too many now. I hope he doesn’t but I’d understand if he did.

Comment

Pirate Pete thinks he's some sort of all-powerful, ubiquitous guru whose pearls of wisdom extend to every known topic on earth. The truth is, his self-absorbed ignorance is off the charts and when he doesn't know something, he just makes it up.

He usually speaks and writes about subjects that he knows best - namely himself. And wow, he sure does impress himself.

He's a vainglorious wanker of the highest order. A tool, a jerk, a world beating knob jockey, an A-grade tosser.

There's no greater obnoxious wanker in Australia than this bloke. He would win gold at the wanker Olympics. He writes barely legible articles, plagiarises other people's work and needs a team of editors to wade through his turgid sludge before it's even remotely close to being publishable.

A dead-set wanker.
                    Last edited by Carlos Parra; 04-07-2024, 11:33 AM.
                    1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
                    1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                      A massive concern for the family. If Teddy was my son I’d be pleading with him to retire. The next head knock is just around the corner. He’s had too many now. I hope he doesn’t but I’d understand if he did.
                      Wonder if he would consider a move to the front-line at centre. His worst concussions have been in one to ones against a big body with momentum having to put his own body on the line to prevent tries. I never thought he had the passing game, but he's given the lie to that in recent seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Parra View Post
                        Pirate Pete thinks he's some sort of all-powerful, ubiquitous guru whose pearls of wisdom extend to every known topic on earth. The truth is, his self-absorbed ignorance is off the charts and when he doesn't know something, he just makes it up.

He usually speaks and writes about subjects that he knows best - namely himself. And wow, he sure does impress himself.

He's a vainglorious wanker of the highest order. A tool, a jerk, a world beating knob jockey, an A-grade tosser.

There's no greater obnoxious wanker in Australia than this bloke. He would win gold at the wanker Olympics. He writes barely legible articles, plagiarises other people's work and needs a team of editors to wade through his turgid sludge before it's even remotely close to being publishable.

A dead-set wanker.
                        Of course I disagree. He's a columnist, paid to come up with something regularly and the more controversial the better. He's clearly sucked you in, your rant suggests that you've read him far more than most. Rope-a-dope.

And he's not a bad writer or at least the sales of his book oeuvre would suggest that the consumers have no objections. Your problem with him is that he's a political progressive and a Murdoch enemy and we all know by now what a loyal spear carrier and Sky junkie you are.

Comment

Peter Fitzsimmons has become the new Phil Rothfield. Everything he writes is for clicks and he’s an expert on nothing.

The club will follow medical advice from those who are qualified to speak on the subject and then it’s up to Tedesco to make the decision to retire or not if he is cleared to return. The club have already shown with Boyd Cordner, Jake Friend & Luke Keary that they are willing to give the player time and space to make that personal decision.

If Peter truly does know Tedesco as he refers to him as a mate then this should be something that’s said in private one on one, but then again I’m not really surprised he would put it out there for everyone to see - although he’s never struck me as someone who has much integrity so maybe I shouldn’t be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Parra View Post

A dead-set wanker.
                            Sounds like a dead ringer to our infamous penner Padded cell 61....but at least Peter F can spell "contributor" unlike our woke warrior...

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post
                              Peter FitzSimons absolutely despises Rugby League.

Like, blind hatred almost.

The NRL ****s up a lot of things, but to their credit nowdays has a very good policy regarding concussions.

In addition, our club and our doctors are notorious for being extra conservative on this issue. We wouldn't let Keary on a field for weeks and weeks once, even though he insisted he was fine.

If Teddy needed to retire in the opinion of medical professionals, our club would make sure that happened - just as we did with Cords.

In summary, get farked Peter you useless agenda-driven turd.
                              cough...cough....BS.

It's painfully obvious they are just running some woke agenda. Pretending to care for the players on the one hand.....then allowing players to go to boxing etc where they get concussed a thousand times.

Teddy has been concussed probably more than Keary. U expecting to see Teddy stood down for 6 weeks? No chance...watch and learn.

Agree with your Peter Fitz summary though.

Comment

Working...
                              X