Sign the Don Nick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Les Tricolores View Post

Yes a good coach can only improve a squad so much … no one is winning a premiership with an SG Ball team … but it is not an insignificant amount … a poor coach can of course absolutely deconstruct a side … see Demetriou at present as a perfect example

The Broncos were indeed stacked for a considerable period for all the reasons you mention … but I wouldn’t think the difference is that great between them and what we’ve been able to put on the field … we’ve been in 8 GFs the last 20 odd years after all

I do believe we’ve had the best squad these last few years (since 2021) … you could reasonably argue against whether that has been the exact case … it is not entirely quantifiable … but this year not so much … it is pretty clear cut
    Walker is still underdeveloped. We have and continue to play with a rookie halfback. Chances of winning a comp at this stage with Sam are slim! We're rudderless and rely on class from Walkers team mates to win games.

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post
      Walker is still underdeveloped. We have and continue to play with a rookie halfback. Chances of winning a comp at this stage with Sam are slim! We're rudderless and rely on class from Walkers team mates to win games.
      I think that’s a fair argument to be had … he’s only 21 … but this is his 4th season of first grade … and he has been excellent at times

He is a prodigy … and definitely good enough to get us thereabouts

Comment

Originally posted by Les Tricolores View Post

I think that’s a fair argument to be had … he’s only 21 … but this is his 4th season of first grade … and he has been excellent at times

He is a prodigy … and definitely good enough to get us thereabouts
        Agree on the thereabouts based on our roster. I'm not having a dig but apparently Luke Brooks was also a prodigy. The problem with masking Sam's deficiencies is our other half offers a similar skill set and also has his weak points.

Maloney and Pearce, Keary and Cronk both pairings were superbly balanced and ticked all the boxes. Bottom line, we may need to wait for Sam to develop or pair him with someone that offers more than Keary.

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post

Agree on the thereabouts based on our roster. I'm not having a dig but apparently Luke Brooks was also a prodigy. The problem with masking Sam's deficiencies is our other half offers a similar skill set and also has his weak points.

Maloney and Pearce, Keary and Cronk both pairings were superbly balanced and ticked all the boxes. Bottom line, we may need to wait for Sam to develop or pair him with someone that offers more than Keary.
          I appreciate they may not complement each other perfectly … but Keary is still quality … and has been an immense help to Walker having such experience alongside him

Has Keary been a bit gun shy in recent times? clearly … but he still has burst and nous … and after extending … one last premiership I would think … if the coach can just simply line up all his ducks

Comment

Working...
          X