Gould banging on AGAIN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gould banging on AGAIN!

So the old gank Gould is now crapping on about Joey Manu’s imminent departure to yawnion…once again prattling on as if he is the ultimate sage of league.
    This time it’s “ I THINK the roosters make players feel bad if they want to go to another nrl team….I THINK they’d rather see them go to another code than play against them with another nrl team”.
    Lots of “I THINKS” in that piece, from this silly old git who is obviously butt sore over the astute way our club is run and the fact that players love playing for (and returning to), Easts - because we look after them….unlike that s*** stain of a club Canterbury.
    Then he goes on whingeing that vlandys should use his “war chest” to keep Joey in the nrl….presumably with a club of Goulds preferrence….FMD

Gus commentates to suit whatever agenda he's driving.
    He'd make a good politician.
    Lol, he studied law too.

Comment

He could also be right.
      Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post
        Lol, he studied law too.
        He went to uni? Didn't realise...

Agreed he's like a politician though. He's a confident public speaker who's good and strongly asserting his personal opinions. He's good at being a powerful speaker and sustaining multiple agendas about things that don't concern him.

That said he also knows the game better than any of us and I wouldn't argue him on anything footy related. Reminds me of the Big Lebowski...

Comment

This is odd from Gould given how many of our players he has signed in his short time at Canterbury.

- Jacob Preston
          - Jake Turpin
          - Drew Hutchison
          - Cassius Tia

And then his obsession with middle forwards who have previously played for us;
          - Zane Tetevano
          - Poasa Faamausili
          - Daniel Sulika-Fifita
          - Siua Taukeiaho
          - Josh Curran

He only needs to head down to one of his clubs training sessions and ask for a show of hands to see how ridiculous his claim is. Joey Manu is the exception.

This is emotional commentary from Gould on the back of Terrell May turning down a bigger offer from the Bulldogs to stay at the Roosters, not grounded in any reality. He's just salty, which I respect because he's still cares so much but just a shame he can't be more honest about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
            This is odd from Gould given how many of our players he has signed in his short time at Canterbury.

- Jacob Preston
            - Jake Turpin
            - Drew Hutchison
            - Cassius Tia

And then his obsession with middle forwards who have previously played for us;
            - Zane Tetevano
            - Poasa Faamausili
            - Daniel Sulika-Fifita
            - Siua Taukeiaho
            - Josh Curran

He only needs to head down to one of his clubs training sessions and ask for a show of hands to see how ridiculous his claim is. Joey Manu is the exception.

This is emotional commentary from Gould on the back of Terrell May turning down a bigger offer from the Bulldogs to stay at the Roosters, not grounded in any reality. He's just salty, which I respect because he's still cares so much but just a shame he can't be more honest about it.
            You can also add in Jack Stringer and Zac Montgomery into that signed from our NSW Cup team last year - both left mid season however

Gus is just jealous that no one want but fringe first graders wanting game time are keen to play for him, so he has to settle for the likes of Taaffe, Mann, Hutch and Salmon

Comment

He's a con man who needs to fund his gambling addiction. His latest rort is to make the Bulldogs look respectable by luring Panthers players across to Belmore.

Comment

Can't stand to listen to him. He's on par with Peter Fitzsimons.
                1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
                1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

Problem is - ' his ' Bulldogs have beaten us twice in the last 3 years. And 2 games ago, we were down 26 blot at halftime to them.

Our coach is not cashing in on the talent he has at his finger tips.

The roosters need to beat Melbourne on Thursday night.

Comment

Its not like we didn’t want to keep Manu.

Comment

he's got a point - you want to keep the best players in the nrl - but he could have also said that the roosters have a strong culture, the players love the club and genuinely don't want to play for anyone else. no one's holding a gun to their head to stop them from signing for another club

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Parra View Post
                        Can't stand to listen to him. He's on par with Peter Fitzsimons.
                        You’re not wrong there. He’s the reason I can’t watch the rugby league show on Monday nights on 9.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmah View Post
                          So the old gank Gould is now crapping on about Joey Manu’s imminent departure to yawnion…once again prattling on as if he is the ultimate sage of league.
                          This time it’s “ I THINK the roosters make players feel bad if they want to go to another nrl team….I THINK they’d rather see them go to another code than play against them with another nrl team”.
                          Lots of “I THINKS” in that piece, from this silly old git who is obviously butt sore over the astute way our club is run and the fact that players love playing for (and returning to), Easts - because we look after them….unlike that s*** stain of a club Canterbury.
                          Then he goes on whingeing that vlandys should use his “war chest” to keep Joey in the nrl….presumably with a club of Goulds preferrence….FMD
                          Fark Gould.
                          FVCK CANCER

Comment

I don’t get triggered by Gould - he is told to create shit stories by his tabloid boss that partners the NRL. There is not 1 genuine and credible journo within the Australian rugby league world. Webster couldn’t hold a candle to his old man Jim.
                            The 27 rounds of competition is 27 rounds of drama brought to you by the media partnership.
                            Ch 9 I haven’t watched on my own for 15 years. The GF or Origin I have no choice other than mute.

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post
                              Gus commentates to suit whatever agenda he's driving.
                              He'd make a good politician.
                              Lol, he studied law too.
                              The only study he does is of a race form if he went to uni it was to take a short cut from kendo to randwick

Comment

Working...
                              X