Gould banging on AGAIN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post
    I don’t get triggered by Gould - he is told to create shit stories by his tabloid boss that partners the NRL. There is not 1 genuine and credible journo within the Australian rugby league world. Webster couldn’t hold a candle to his old man Jim.
    The 27 rounds of competition is 27 rounds of drama brought to you by the media partnership.
    Ch 9 I haven’t watched on my own for 15 years. The GF or Origin I have no choice other than mute.
    The MUTE button was invented so we don’t have to listen to the Bo of heads on Channel 9

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster90 View Post

You can also add in Jack Stringer and Zac Montgomery into that signed from our NSW Cup team last year - both left mid season however

Gus is just jealous that no one want but fringe first graders wanting game time are keen to play for him, so he has to settle for the likes of Taaffe, Mann, Hutch and Salmon
      Montgomery was the other name I was trying to remember, he's not even playing this year.. supposedly taken time off away from the game.

Jack was the one who came back to us mid-season if I recall correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

Fark Gould.
        Well said

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Montgomery was the other name I was trying to remember, he's not even playing this year.. supposedly taken time off away from the game.

Jack was the one who came back to us mid-season if I recall correctly?
          Both are now playing for Wyong Roos in the Newcastle comp this year....

Comment

Gus has been around the cold face of Rugby League most of his life & knows alot more than any of us.
            One of his paid jobs in Rugby League is to comment on all things Rugby League & thats exactly what he's done.
            I dont understand why anyone has a problem with it.

Comment

Gould thinks he is the Gore Vidal of the rugby league world.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                Gus has been around the cold face of Rugby League most of his life & knows alot more than any of us.
                One of his paid jobs in Rugby League is to comment on all things Rugby League & thats exactly what he's done.
                I dont understand why anyone has a problem with it.
                Some people take it personally when Gus and Tallis shyte talk about Easts. IMO it helps to understand that shyte talking is part of the game. They're intentionally trying to ruffle feathers...

Comment

Gould makes some good points though and I agree with him on Golden Point. - Get rid of it and bring back the draw

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                    Gould makes some good points though and I agree with him on Golden Point. - Get rid of it and bring back the draw
                    Been said hundreds of times, golden try. But if we keep golden point, then why is there a possibility of it still ending as a draw?

if it has a chance of ending in a draw, then golden point shouldn’t exist.

im happy with a draw after 80min too.

Comment

Personally, I'm not a fan of golden try for two reasons:
                      1. If you are allowed to kick a field goal during the regular 80mins than the same rules should apply in extra time.
                      2. If you need to score a try to win, does that mean that the penalty goal is also removed as a scoring option from extra time?

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
                        Personally, I'm not a fan of golden try for two reasons:
                        1. If you are allowed to kick a field goal during the regular 80mins than the same rules should apply in extra time.
                        2. If you need to score a try to win, does that mean that the penalty goal is also removed as a scoring option from extra time?
                        If it was golden try you’d still get the points for a field goal or penalty goal but the game would continue until a try is scored or extra time is finished. If you’re in front at the end of extra time from a field goal or penalty goal then you win.

Not a fan of extra time though. I’d prefer it went back to a draw after 80 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Burgundy View Post

If it was golden try you’d still get the points for a field goal or penalty goal but the game would continue until a try is scored or extra time is finished. If you’re in front at the end of extra time from a field goal or penalty goal then you win.

Not a fan of extra time though. I’d prefer it went back to a draw after 80 mins.
                          So its not much different from today other than the game doesn't end with a field goal or penalty goal. I would dare say that most teams would still look for a field goal. Safety first approach.

Comment

Did Gould graduate from university? Love him or hate him he does speak well in a certain kind of way.

Comment

i don't have a problem with golden point but there should be unlimited interchange - the 80 is the test of endurance, anything after that is overtime and anything you can do to risk the possibility of injury should be considered

Comment

Not a fan of golden point in the regular season. When scores are tied at the 70th minute onwards, aren't teams already thinking field goal? Sometimes a draw makes the ladder interesting; points differential may or may not come into the equation.

If it was a final that would be different. It's not like soccer where you have a penalty shoot-out in the FA Cup, knockout competitions etc. So, you would have to play extra time unless you come back the next week and that throws the whole final series out the window.
                                "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

Working...
                                X