SQUAD v CRONULLA SHARKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
    I watched Egan closely against the Warriors and I can’t justify his continual selection in First grade..

Obviusly Robbo sees things in a player that I would have no idea about but Egan just looks so ineffective and wouldn’t break the line if his life depended on it..

The main concern is we have better players missing out,that shouldn’t happen!
    I think Wongie's currently in the naughty corner but unlike the non-selection of Keary/Latrell/Hastings...etc he never had the profile for this to make headlines.

PS - why are we favourites now that the team's been named without Manu in it? Meh!

My guess is that he's simply the best out of Dockar-Clay, Sitili and Whyte right now? Although yeah. I'd argue Whyte's the man who should be getting picked.

It's a rough process but we're talking about a single bench forward in a team where there's some super impressive players who will not be displaced (e.g. JWH, Collins, Crichton, Rads, May, Leniu, Watson...etc). Maybe EVERYBODY looks ordinary around them and we need a few nobodies.

Comment

We better not lose Wong or Whyte because of the coach.

Comment

Another big game with achievements with toops 250th and could score his 150th try
        Collins 100th too I think
        shame about Manu a big loss but pauga is a good cover
        Brendon smith back
        gees I got excited with Whyte on the Bench as well with Spencer and May but robbo did a late change and has gone with Egan again which is dissapointing
        Egan does nothing and will be the new whipping boy - I was hoping Whyte would be there as the sharks bench is big - let’s hope for a late change the other way

Comment

Well, we know they'll be attacking Pauga's side all night.

As we all know as well, they win the ruck and play low percentage, mistake footy. They will run the big boys in the middle through us.

I'd have Whyte on the pine and not Egan.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterBooster View Post
            Something has too give with this squad, we have Wong, Whyte and Sitili all missing the 17. Too many quality players + adding Fifta and Va’a in reserves

I'd say Angus WONT be here next year after his rant.

I've heard Sit Still (his manager) has sounded out other clubs.

Unfortunately, Egan is the coaches boy.

Comment

Man to man, this side absolutely shits on Cronulla -but as a collective, the Cronulla team has been far more impressive this season.

We should win easily, but I'm not optimistic.
              1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
              1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

Not excuses but to win.

Robinson has everything he needs and wants.

Comment

[Fairy music] uuuup up Cronulla... uuuup up Cronulla :P

Cronulla win the prize for lamest team song FWIW.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                    [Fairy music] uuuup up Cronulla... uuuup up Cronulla :P

Cronulla win the prize for lamest team song FWIW.
                    Don't one of the cross-country basketball teams have the same team song?

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingRooster View Post

love Robbo, but it just reminds me of amateur and junior sports where coaches pick who they like not who deserves it. Always been my one issue with him: lam, Hutchison and Egan butcher have a gotten a free ride in the 17 over the last few years because Robinson likes them
                      You love Robbo, but in your eyes he's an amateur coach picking kids who he likes but don't deserve to be picked?

You're a ****ing idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post

As we all know as well, they win the ruck and play low percentage, mistake footy. They will run the big boys in the middle through us.

Id back pauga to make his tackles before suaali
                        wonder if pauga will play left and suaali right ?

Comment

Don’t forget that last week Whyte was named in the 17, but Egan played. Maybe it’s the other way around this week. Robbo’s not above a last minute team change.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingRooster View Post
                            Idk how it can possibly justified to pick Egan butcher over fahu Whyte, sitili and Wong
                            His continued selection defies logic given the capability of those guys you’ve mentioned. He’s not even close. I understand Sitili being ignored if it’s true that he’s being shopped around, but Whyte and Wong? Egan hasn’t kicked on at all and he should be depth for the depth players.
                            Last edited by Steggles; 05-14-2024, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Joey ruled out with Category 1 HIA by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post

We lose attacking flair with Manu out, but I’m not sure we lose too much defensively with him out.

sharks don’t have many big names in the forwards, but they go hard and work well together collectively.
                                Last edited by milanja; 05-14-2024, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X