SQUAD v CRONULLA SHARKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post

As Gragra informed Gee lives in Penriff by the Sea, so I’m wondering if NRL darling Kasey does too. Her running the line this week similar to the Klown situation when they put him in the box a couple of weeks ago. So more magic by the dodgy NRL - perhaps they will give her their magic wand rather than flag.
    He may live there, but he started off reffing in the Canterbury district comp, so I assume he's originally from that area. Kasey Badger grew up in Parramatta.

Comment

Don’t underestimate Manu out, he’s been on lately and a lot of points have revolved around him.

So… Roosters by 6 instead of 13+

Comment

I did a Salvo. Googled this last week for games played not inclusive of the 300 gamer. It highly likely the club will let Sitili go as he has near a 100 games and keep an Australian rep.
        More game time to Egan now, he also experienced being nursed by the coach in the early days and similar to what May experienced last season with Whyte.
        I did this personal analysis due to some mentioning we need more experience in the halves. I think with Sandon, he has enough experience around him to not have another buy for the sake of experience. He is surrounded by experience, next season Walker likely be a 100 gamer.
        Smith 136
        walker 62
        Radley 125
        Angus 160
        Nat 133
        Egan 53
        Sitili 91
        Wong 13
        May 34
        Whyte 19
        Collins 97
        Watson 131
        Sandon 18

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingRooster View Post

did I say he’s an amateur coach? No I said it reminded me of those scenarios. If u look at my past posts I’ve been a staunch Robbo supporter, his team selections leave me scratching my head at the best of times.

If I’m a FI idk what that makes you. This is a forum where people express OPINIONS, but u seem to take everything personal like a manchild. Ur recent post on Les is an exemplary example. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, no matter how ridiculous or silly, especially about a sport that we all love. If I want to say Eloni Vunakece is the best forward we’ve ever had I can and don’t think I need to be insulted for it. I would recommend meditation for u, as well as a chill pill! Don’t think I need to say anything else to u, have a lovely day
          When Robbo mentioned streamers and circus music a few years ago, I think he may have been referring to Batemans Bay Rooster; clearly the biggest clown in this forum.

Comment

but u said it yourself, even if u rule out Whyte which is ridiculous considering how good he’s been, Sitili and Wong still have that flexibility and are simply better
            I know, I was just explaining why Whyte missed out. I would be happy to have Sitili in there. Wong was impressive last year but didn't set the world on fire in his few games this year

Comment

Originally posted by Chook2 View Post

Id back pauga to make his tackles before suaali
              wonder if pauga will play left and suaali right ?

I have no issues with Pauga and his tackling, he'll go alright.

It just the issue of combinations. Pauga switches around left / right. JS defends on the edge normally.

Comment

The Jury is still out on the Sharkies, yes they have won all their games bar one, yes only one top 8 side in that run, seem different this time around they look a bit more resilient, simple game plan seem to be following the Riff formula of low errors high completions, grind football.

The most worrying trend for us is the hot and cold, we won the game, evidently inside 15mins against the Warriors, however better sides would have scored points when momentum swung we’re brilliant when we’re on and ****ing woeful when we’re not.
                Cronulla have been crossing the days off waiting for some payback for booting them out of finals last season.

This will be an awesome forward battle the unheralded Hazelton/Kaufusi starting FRF have won the middle fairly easily the last two weeks McInnes is a tireless worker in the middle Nikora Wilton on the edges there’s a bit of a steely look about them and the backs need no intro, with no Manu it’s even there now.

Chooks by 2

Go Easts.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddy View Post
                  The Jury is still out on the Sharkies, yes they have won all their games bar one, yes only one top 8 side in that run, seem different this time around they look a bit more resilient, simple game plan seem to be following the Riff formula of low errors high completions, grind football.

The most worrying trend for us is the hot and cold, we won the game, evidently inside 15mins against the Warriors, however better sides would have scored points when momentum swung we’re brilliant when we’re on and ****ing woeful when we’re not.
                  Cronulla have been crossing the days off waiting for some payback for booting them out of finals last season.

This will be an awesome forward battle the unheralded Hazelton/Kaufusi starting FRF have won the middle fairly easily the last two weeks McInnes is a tireless worker in the middle Nikora Wilton on the edges there’s a bit of a steely look about them and the backs need no intro, with no Manu it’s even there now.

Chooks by 2

Go Easts.
                  I agree it will be tougher without Manu and points won’t come as easy, but I think our biggest issue will be all the drama around Fifita, Angus and Sitili and the impact that will have on the team’s preparation and collective mindset. I hope we can still win this one, but I’m now doubtful.

Comment

Originally posted by Steggles View Post

I agree it will be tougher without Manu and points won’t come as easy, but I think our biggest issue will be all the drama around Fifita, Angus and Sitili and the impact that will have on the team’s preparation and collective mindset. I hope we can still win this one, but I’m now doubtful.
                    Just up to Jared, Teddy and Keary to calm the farm. The Roosters are resilent.

Comment

Originally posted by BTRD View Post

Just up to Jared, Teddy and Keary to calm the farm. The Roosters are resilent.
                      I hope you’re right mate; we do have a few old heads in the team to keep things real. Plus we need to get up for Lindsay’s 100th!

Comment

RIGHTO then, time to nick over to the local park on satdee ,on the free bus, and watch the chookies run around and batter some fish …
                        CFFC
                        ❤️

Comment

Idk how it can possibly justified to pick Egan butcher over fahu Whyte, sitili and Wong
                          Agree.
                          The only thing I can think of is 'speed', and he could play anywhere in the backline.
                          Also 'experience'.

Is Whyte still injured?
                          Last edited by bondi.boy; 05-16-2024, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steggles View Post

We should be ok, it’s not burnt bridges type drama the team looks united, morale is high, all the boys will be in Gus’s ear telling him they want him here, yes definitely has been a bit of noise during the week, however not enough to put us off our game, mentally we’re stronger then that, you’re right to feel as though it might have a negative impact this week.

Personally, before that bizarre interview (where he had a whinge over nothing, his position is never threatened if he plays like this all the time) I was of the belief that he had turned the corner and left last year’s struggles behind him, I’m not so sure if he has, the best way to forget about it is for him to come out and absolutely rip in.
                            Last edited by Teddy; 05-16-2024, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ARD View Post
                              Don’t underestimate Manu out, he’s been on lately and a lot of points have revolved around him.

So… Roosters by 6 instead of 13+
                              Yep it's a massive out for us.
                              Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

The side to face the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks at 5:30pm this Saturday at Suncorp Stadium for Magic Round has been trimmed down 24 hours ahead of kick-off.

No changes have been made to the starting side, with Sitili Tupouniua, Ethan King and Siua Wong dropping out. Zach Dockar-Clay and Naufahu Whyte remain on the reserves list.

Comment

Working...
                                X