SoO Teddy out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post
    The selection process and the hype leading up to the team announcement unbearable as it is currently.
    It’s as though the NRL/ Media partnership selects the NSW team with click bait and advertising revenue in mind all throughout a series that seriously panders to the QLD dollar.
    The controversy and hysteria is so predictable just like the 27week tv programme competition brought to you by the NRL /Media partnership.
    I went up to the club this afternoon to put a bet on the tennis.

Inside the club's foyer was a large poster promoting SOO with a photo of DCE and Tedesco. I hope they didn't have to pay for it!
    1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
    1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook2 View Post
      A few articles saying they are bemused bu the Suaali signing with his defence issues at centre
      abit more below

Suaalii, who is a winger and off to rugby union at the end of the year to boot, has been picked in a position he has barely had a good NRL game in.

There is a reason the Roosters, despite previously experimenting with Suaalii at centre, name him on the wing whenever they can. It's because he is an excellent winger, and has issues in his game playing further infield.

That's not to say they are unfixable, but they certainly won't be fixed during a ten-day Origin camp.
      With any luck, SOO camp will teach him how to play centre.
      Last edited by Carlos Parra; 05-27-2024, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Parra View Post

With any luck, SOO camp will teach him how to play centre.
        State of origin isn’t where you learn how to play the position you are picked in
        that’s pre season
        if anything it’s the worst place possible to learn a position

Comment

The fact Carlos and chook 2 are hurting due to this makes it all worth it

Comment

Too much negativity about Joseph-Aukuso Sua'ali'i who does his best week in week out.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
              Too much negativity about Joseph-Aukuso Sua'ali'i who does his best week in week out.

He does give 100% week in week out.

Surely Lomax plays in the centres with Suaalii on the wing.

Personally I think Maguire is losing it. Teddy is the 1st Kangaroo captain not to be selected for SOO. He axed Teddy based on his "gut feeling" FFS

I'm glad he's not our coach!

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster36 View Post
                The fact Carlos and chook 2 are hurting due to this makes it all worth it
                I'm not hurting at all. Even if I was, why do you delight in someone else's pain?

You obviously missed my sarcasm (sorry that it wasn't so obvious), but you're nuts if you think players don't learn anything during SOO.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

I'm negative only for the reason that we haven't seen the form we saw from him in his debut season. I agree that he gives it his all and he's usually always the first to celebrate a try. I love his passion, but I don't like that he's leaving Easts and I fear that his running style will be scrutinised everywhere he goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Parra View Post

I'm not hurting at all. Even if I was, why do you delight in someone else's pain?

You obviously missed my sarcasm (sorry that it wasn't so obvious), but you're nuts if you think players don't learn anything during SOO.
                    Haha yes missed that for sure
                    Yes agree they should learn with the big games but shouldn’t be learning how to play centre - which he still needs to be

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post

He does give 100% week in week out.

Surely Lomax plays in the centres with Suaalii on the wing.

Personally I think Maguire is losing it. Teddy is the 1st Kangaroo captain not to be selected for SOO. He axed Teddy based on his "gut feeling" FFS

I'm glad he's not our coach!
                      That's how I'd have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                        As much as I’d like Teddy to be there, I feel that he’d become a bit of a punching bag for our losses. People have been crying for Edwards for a while now. It’d be interesting to see how he fares - and I hope he kills it.
                        Couldn’t agree more. It’s harsh to drop Teddy but he just doesn’t need the rubbish I think is coming with a 3-0 Maroons win here.

Edwards has played pretty much perfect football for four years in a row now. With a new coach they probably had to make a clean break now. I hope he does well, he’s the kind of player you can tell works so hard at his game. There was an NRL game in maybe 2019 where a team just bombed him all day and he had an all time shocker. He’s now probably the fittest and most consistent player around

Comment

[QUOTE=King Salvo;n1056251]Too much negativity about Joseph-Aukuso Sua'ali'i who does his best week in week out.

[/QUOTENo idea why as the guy is a freak, he has his defensive read errors here and there but he’s only 20 years old.The advantages of having him by far outweigh any sort of downside. Sorry to see him go at the end of the season.

Comment

Teddy seems to be copping the blame exclusively for SOO and International defeats. Last year he was uncharacteristically sub-par, but that was after consecutive prolonged seasons with shortened breaks and pre-seasons.

Let's see how Edwards goes subjected to the same exhausting programme. Maybe he might lose a bit of his sparkle too.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
                              Teddy seems to be copping the blame exclusively for SOO and International defeats. Last year he was uncharacteristically sub-par, but that was after consecutive prolonged seasons with shortened breaks and pre-seasons.

Let's see how Edwards goes subjected to the same exhausting programme. Maybe he might lose a bit of his sparkle too.
                              Teddy is blamed because he’s a Rooster, not unlike Mitchell Pearce being blamed for all the origin defeats that he was involved with (quite unfairly IMO when you consider that he played against the most dominant origin team in the history of the game). JS will be blamed for the Origin 1 defeat with pressure building to include Mitchell at centre. Gus will be the scapegoat for Origin 2. Spencer likely for Origin 3. Who will they blame when there’s no Roosters left in the team?

Comment

if only teddy had stopped a 40 20 on the weekend

Comment

Working...
                                X