No announcement yet.

SoO Teddy out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as I’d like Teddy to be there, I feel that he’d become a bit of a punching bag for our losses. People have been crying for Edwards for a while now. It’d be interesting to see how he fares - and I hope he kills it.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post
      Sua’ali’i at centre is a massive risk. It could seriously make or break him. When there was talk of picking him I didn’t even consider anything other than the wing.

QLD could pick Sam Thaiday as right winger and I’d back him for anytime try scorer. This could be carnage.
      And this is a problem for the Roosters.

I’ve thought he has gradually improved at centre this year and was more confident with the positional aspect however if he gets carved up at this level, which I expect he will given he’ll probably have Lomax on his outside, then it’s likely his confidence will be shot and he may end up back to where he was last year - playing like a deer caught in headlights.

I can’t believe he is the best left side centre left after all the injuries. Even for all his drama and carry on, Latrell, who generally performs well at this level, would have been a much better pick IMO.

I always look forward to Origin but this team doesn’t get me excited at all. Hope they prove me wrong because it’s very uncomfortable living in the middle of these Qld goons when they win.

Comment

Originally posted by Noosa Rooster View Post

And this is a problem for the Roosters.

I’ve thought he has gradually improved at centre this year and was more confident with the positional aspect however if he gets carved up at this level, which I expect he will given he’ll probably have Lomax on his outside, then it’s likely his confidence will be shot and he may end up back to where he was last year - playing like a deer caught in headlights.

I can’t believe he is the best left side centre left after all the injuries. Even for all his drama and carry on, Latrell, who generally performs well at this level, would have been a much better pick IMO.

I always look forward to Origin but this team doesn’t get me excited at all. Hope they prove me wrong because it’s very uncomfortable living in the middle of these Qld goons when they win.
        There is a much better side not available or not selected then what is
        I mentioned it before I think another nsw side not picked or not available would beat this one
        centres who I would pick in front of suaali are
        staggs, best, tago, may, pensini, critchon, Latrell, turbo, ramien, graham
        holmes or hammer will have a field day
        Suaali will jam in leaving his winger out or all they have to do is step outside and they will leave him flat footed

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
          I have to listen to post match interviews and press conference but didn't anyone get the Idea that Tedesco may have known he was not going to be selected for SOO game 1? - The rumour had been circling for a few days before the squad was actually announced.

Be interesting to know
          Would have known for sure mate. Madge wouldn't be that disrespectful.

Comment

Madge certainly isn't planning for a stable squad to work with longer than this year. Suallili and Keary whilst they are in good form,neither will be playing NRL next year.

Comment

We will never know the make-up of the NSW side if say Turbo and Campbell Graham were available for selection—maybe Turbo would have been picked at Fullback and Graham centre?

It is what it is, so get behind Joseph-Aukuso Sua'ali'i and the rest of the Roosters players playing in the game.

It is always a tough call when players are knocking on the door for selection to not select them over incumbents, especially since NSW have lost the past two series.

James Tedesco was a victim of consecutive series losses, not because of any form issues, as he has been top shelf so far this season.

As long as it doesn't play on James Tedesco's mind and he continues playing good footy.

Comment

The selection process and the hype leading up to the team announcement unbearable as it is currently.
                It’s as though the NRL/ Media partnership selects the NSW team with click bait and advertising revenue in mind all throughout a series that seriously panders to the QLD dollar.
                The controversy and hysteria is so predictable just like the 27week tv programme competition brought to you by the NRL /Media partnership.

Comment

They've tried to Pantherize the team before -- it failed. Why do it again?

Comment

Looks like Wednesday will be date night for the next month or so.

Comment

Originally posted by nayfo View Post

This coming from a bloke who gets all his info from Google but pretends like he has some statistical brilliant mind.

More like cut and paste mediocre at its best.
                      What are you banging on about ? As you should know, the stats are available on NRL, Fox, and other sites, which I past here from time to time, and not the only one either. Obviously, you are clueless about where to find them, let alone being able to understand them being a Jim Kerr type of person

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Verlaine's Ghost View Post
                        They've tried to Pantherize the team before -- it failed. Why do it again?
                        Stops people whinging about Teddy? Suits me...

I've got a mate who passionately believes that Teddy's a reserve grader. He had a go last night while referencing the Raiders game.

Each to their own I guess. I mentioned moments like him stealing that kick-off, bending out of that tackle for a try and setting up a couple of tries. Didn't phase him. Apparently anybody can do that and the Faders aren't a real team.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

What are you banging on about ? As you should know, the stats are available on NRL, Fox, and other sites, which I past here from time to time, and not the only one either. Obviously, you are clueless about where to find them, let alone being able to understand them being a Jim Kerr type of person
                          Nice one Champ. Geez you dribble on with some boring crap

Comment

A few articles saying they are bemused bu the Suaali signing with his defence issues at centre
                            abit more below

Suaalii, who is a winger and off to rugby union at the end of the year to boot, has been picked in a position he has barely had a good NRL game in.

There is a reason the Roosters, despite previously experimenting with Suaalii at centre, name him on the wing whenever they can. It's because he is an excellent winger, and has issues in his game playing further infield.

That's not to say they are unfixable, but they certainly won't be fixed during a ten-day Origin camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Les Tricolores View Post

Agreed … Teddy should tell Madge to f*ck off if he comes calling on him later in the series … just as long as that doesn’t affect his a standing with the Australian team

Actually I would find that hilarious … can’t believe Mal would ever buy into Madge’s bullshit
                              Mal said over the weekend that he'd pick Teddy. Let's see if Edwards ever captains the Kangaroos to a world cup win.

Comment

Looking at the backline, surely it makes sense to have:

1. Edwards at FB
                                2. Suaalii at Right Wing
                                3. Nomax Right Centre
                                4. Chricton Left Centre
                                5. T'oo Left Wing

Suaalii and Nomax are both better on the right, while Chricton and T'oo can both play either side. Nomax is a centre and JS is better on the wing, yet Madge has picked both out of position, and possibly on the wrong side.

Comment

Working...
                                X