Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kid Armstrong

Apparently we’re about to pounce, the fullback from the Knights

At lunch I read an article which quoted O'Brien saying that they are confident that Armstrong will accept the offer the Knaughts put forward. On the way home I saw headlines in the DT pushing the "Roosters poaching mantra." One of two things is happening. 1. His manager is trying to up the offer by tying him to Easts. 2. The media have NFI and are making crap up to sell their articles.

Comment

He’s a fullback? So he’s being signed to play reserve grade?

Comment

He is one who I think could potentially convert to centre, beautiful mover and has some skill.

Crazy to think he was pretty much signed and sealed at Leigh (super league), playing reserve grade and being a no-name only a month ago.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
          He’s a fullback? So he’s being signed to play reserve grade?
          Hopefully cheap cheap. He will add cover to our outside backs. Can play 1 to 5. Outside backs are going down like fly's these days so potentially a good move!

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
            He is one who I think could potentially convert to centre, beautiful mover and has some skill.

Crazy to think he was pretty much signed and sealed at Leigh (super league), playing reserve grade and being a no-name only a month ago.
            Goes to show that the ‘shallow talent pool’ theory is just a fallacy

Comment

Originally posted by A Country Member View Post
              Goes to show that the ‘shallow talent pool’ theory is just a fallacy
              We can have 20 teams but geez it would deplete the ESL.

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post

We can have 20 teams but geez it would deplete the ESL.
                Unless the NRL purchases the ESL and turns it into a second-tier feeder comp. Players could be sent there to play ‘gap year’ collegiate style. Get a broader education than just staying in Aus.

As for the original topic, never seen him play. Hi Jack!

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post

Hopefully cheap cheap. He will add cover to our outside backs. Can play 1 to 5. Outside backs are going down like fly's these days so potentially a good move!
                  Ah ok. For some reason I thought he was one of those small type fullbacks so not suited to other backline positions.

Comment

Originally posted by A Country Member View Post

Unless the NRL purchases the ESL and turns it into a second-tier feeder comp. Players could be sent there to play ‘gap year’ collegiate style. Get a broader education than just staying in Aus.

As for the original topic, never seen him play. Hi Jack!
                    David Armstrong @ You Tube

I'm unable to upload the link.

Comment

If Teddy went down next year who would play FB?
                      If Teddy does decide to retire at the end of his current contract and Manu does not come back who would play FB?

I think he is a bit of future proofing and if he goes well could be the long term FB if Manu does not come back. Lots of balls in the air , but a well run club like ours tries to minimise any risk by having options in place

2023 Highlights
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DPisrDA7eaM
                      Last edited by RoosterBooster; 05-30-2024, 10:59 PM.

Comment

He looks the goods for a relative newbie to the NRL,,,,,the Knights have hardly missed a beat since Ponga went down and Armstrong took the his spot......

He is a not a small lad and oozes pace plus courage......In a real strong club he has every chance to be a star, tend to think if he ended up with us he would be in the centres and great cover if Teddy got injured.....
                        Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
                        What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by 4 the all in brawl View Post
                          He looks the goods for a relative newbie to the NRL,,,,,the Knights have hardly missed a beat since Ponga went down and Armstrong took the his spot......

He is a not a small lad and oozes pace plus courage......In a real strong club he has every chance to be a star, tend to think if he ended up with us he would be in the centres and great cover if Teddy got injured.....
                          Sounds like an identical player to Nick Meaney who left Newc for Dogs and is top notch at Storm.

Comment

Why is it we “ poach” whilst other clubs make astute signings?

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
                              Why is it we “ poach” whilst other clubs make astute signings?
                              Something to do with Chooks and eggs I guess

Comment

Working...
                              X