Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Cowboys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FREEMAN89 View Post
    Dom Young is the definition of 1 dimensional.

bloke has speed to burn but horse shit in every other aspect.
    100%

Comment

• I'd like to know what happened in the sheds at half time.
      Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

• We've blown a good opportunity to entrench ourselves in the top 4.

There was more than enough talent to beat the Cowboys.

Comment

• Shares in Gus, Watson, Leniu and Collins skyrocketed today.

Comment

• Pathetic 2nd half up there with the 1st half v the dogs
            again another 2 points we should have got
            we either win by 40 or loose by less then 6
            allthough young had an error or so Manu had more errors and was selfish going for the try
            Manu and Jennings also cost young getting a hatrick and winning the game for us
            May and Whyte were strong
            cheese looks stuffed from the start
            how are we 8th when we have put over 40 points on teams above us
            some of the officiating was just as bad.

Comment

• I don't think we were that bad, or lacking energy like we have sometimes. We had the game under control, but we tried to just play percentages and back that would be enough. To play that style well it needs to be part of your normal game plan...and for us it isn't. They ground out the win better than us and played the long game. Tactics and prep...which in fairness was convoluted for us this week.

Plus our right side seems to leak a bit too much...something for our Coaches to address.

Comment

• Bit disappointed in Sam Walker if I’m honest. Went a bit missing in the second half. After around 70 NRL games I was hoping he would step up and lead the team around and give the team the clear direction they needed.

I’m not blaming him, just wish he owned game …. It’s all experience but I left the ground thinking 2025 might be tougher than I thought. We clearly lacked leadership today and will be losing a lot of that with Keary, JWH and Manu going

Comment

• Opportunity lost caused by some dumb errors and penalties.
                  Hopefully we improve when Teddy, Suaalii, Gus, Collins, Spencer and Watto are back for the backend of the season.
                  Bunch of drama queen chicken littles when we lose.
                  FFS

Comment

• Originally posted by RoosterBooster View Post
                    Bit disappointed in Sam Walker if I’m honest. Went a bit missing in the second half. After around 70 NRL games I was hoping he would step up and lead the team around and give the team the clear direction they needed.

I’m not blaming him, just wish he owned game …. It’s all experience but I left the ground thinking 2025 might be tougher than I thought. We clearly lacked leadership today and will be losing a lot of that with Keary, JWH and Manu going
                    Was feeling that at the ground during the game and more so afterwards
                    When you trust your television
                    what you get is what you got
                    Cause when they own the information
                    they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

• Originally posted by BraveTheWorld View Post

Ruled to have come off a Cowboys hand as it was passed - didn't show the replay in any great detail to see if that was true.

Pretty happy with how we're playing. Cowboys look very rudderless and don't expect them to out-score us by 10 points in the second half. We don't need to score 40 here, just remain composed and limit their opportunities, and it should be a (relatively) cruisey win from here)
                      Wasn't it Young who did that wild forward pass to Jennings when he had pace, was 1m taller than the one defender and just needed to farking throb the guy by flexing his 6-pack instead of passing?

Love young and the fact he isn't a hog (not gonna criticise as I reckon Robbo's directed him to do mad runs then shift the ball quickly).

However it's farking annoying seeing a game where we lose by 2 points and this guy has:

- Run ~50m on the second tackle and then knocked on as he's tackled while trying to get a kick away (all when we have a MASSIVE overlap, defenders all offside and could probably win an easy 6 again by getting Cheese [or somebody] to do a fast play the ball).

- Knocked on because he's done a wild forward pass to Jenko on the 5th instead of just backing himself.

- When he DOES 'just take the tackle', Manu farking grabs the ball and goes for the double movement on the first tackle after Young's earned us a repeat set!!!

IMO if an argument for Teddy's worth is needed, it's THIS. We are brilliant (the Cows weren't even close - they just held in there the whole time! but needed somebody to steady the ship.
                      Last edited by ism22; 06-03-2024, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• I was at the game and yes we should have won but regularly let ourselves down with errors not to mention the performance of the ref as pathetic and not up too standard .

Nonetheless , special call out to Scott Drinkwater he was outstanding and in my opinion ended up being the diference.

Comment

• Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Wasn't it Young who did that wild forward pass to Jennings when he had pace, was 1m taller than the one defender and just needed to farking throb the guy by flexing his 6-pack instead of passing?

Love young and the fact he isn't a hog (not gonna criticise as I reckon Robbo's directed him to do mad runs then shift the ball quickly).

However it's farking annoying seeing a game where we lose by 2 points and this guy has:

- Run ~50m on the second tackle and then knocked on as he's tackled while trying to get a kick away (all when we have a MASSIVE overlap, defenders all offside and could probably win an easy 6 again by getting Cheese [or somebody] to do a fast play the ball).

- Knocked on because he's done a wild forward pass to Jenko on the 5th instead of just backing himself.

- When he DOES 'just take the tackle', Manu farking grabs the ball and goes for the double movement on the first tackle after Young's earned us a repeat set!!!

IMO if an argument for Teddy's worth is needed, it's THIS. We are brilliant (the Cows weren't even close - they just held in there the whole time! but needed somebody to steady the ship.
                          And please don't mention his reads in defence.

Sure, he does some good things but christ he has some aspects of his game to work on.

He needs to wake up a little. Sometimes it seems his head is at the promenade at Bondi Beach on a sunny summer's day.

Comment

• Originally posted by ism22 View Post

I can't remember off the top of my head, but he had several really, really dreaful moments. Was caught in no-mans-land for one of the Cowboys tries, got Joey bundled into touch off a wild offload near the sideline, didn't attempt to catch two bombs which were his (admittedly the first one he didn't catch was an absolute skyscraper and was swirling, not sure anyone would have caught it), and there were numerous others. He really needs to sort it out, or I'm pretty sure he'll get dropped the second Smith is fit again. I wouldn't be a million miles away from bringing in Pauga in his place if we're at full strength.

Also remembered he dropped the ball cold when attempting to reach out and score, and also didn't find boot to ball with a few minutes to go when he was racing down the sideline. Worst game I've seen him play for us, and he has had a few bad ones.

Comment

• Manu is a bigger hog than Teddy at fullback. Pass the ball early the when we have numbers and stop worrying about your stats..
                              Sickie Lame .... King of Bestiality

Comment

• the kind of loss that makes you not want to watch footy for a while.
                                on the 'plus' side once jwh went down we were missing 7 regulars so the team that lost yesterday will never play together again and, when all's said and done, we still have a very good team and a favourable draw for the rest of the season

Comment

Working...
                                X