X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
    The loss of Jarrad was huge.

We only had May as a prop.

Exactly, we had Sitili playing prop on the left side which is not his position or area on the field!!!! He did good though...

Comment

I can cop a loss but it was due to pure stupidity which betrays us as a very unprofessional outfit just hoping for things to fall into place instead of a team with a proper game plan. They played like it was their first game of footy. It was embarrassing and a shameful very amateurish display.
      “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
        I can cop a loss but it was due to pure stupidity which betrays us as a very unprofessional outfit just hoping for things to fall into place instead of a team with a proper game plan. They played like it was their first game of footy. It was embarrassing and a shameful very amateurish display.
        The cut out passes to Dom Young when nothing was on almost hoping that he burnt his outside number was textbook U7s footy of giving it to the fast kid and sitting back and watching.

Truly awful. It stings more knowing we lost to a very very average footy team who just needed to do the bare minimum of hanging in to beat us.

Comment

We lost to a team with Chad Townsend and Jake Clifford as their halves...........enough said!!

Comment

Originally posted by HunchoRooster View Post

The cut out passes to Dom Young when nothing was on almost hoping that he burnt his outside number was textbook U7s footy of giving it to the fast kid and sitting back and watching.

Truly awful. It stings more knowing we lost to a very very average footy team who just needed to do the bare minimum of hanging in to beat us.
            So our game plan was no game plan. Just rely on Lady Luck and hope for the best? If a worker performed as badly in any other job it would be instant dismissal. Robbo seems to rely way too much on luck instead of a solid game plan. Just to blitz them and win is his game strategy, but high risk footy = high error rates with plenty of fumbles/penalties.
            “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Originally posted by Funky Chicken View Post
              We lost to a team with Chad Townsend and Jake Clifford as their halves...........enough said!!
              Jake's kicking game won them the game thou.

Comment

Originally posted by Steggles View Post

They didn’t respond to me yelling at them either.
                That's not very we one has to say, so it's we when winning but them when losing. Got it

Comment

Originally posted by The Bondi spy View Post
                  Gonna channel the late great Johnny Tobin here we go…

Joey…love me some manu but he was trash today. Wouldn’t catch bombs on the full and that dumb decision to do the double movement cost us.

young…I mean michael appelby didn’t make that many mistakes. Wtf is wrong with him?

keary… why take the 2 when they were a man down? Changed the whole momentum of the game

sandon smith…he was poor today and that terrible pass straight to the cowboys was crucial

cheese…gassed after the first set and did a stupid ball knock down on the last tackle which was dumb. Does this guy train?

sitili…I mean he has become rubbish. Stupid passes ineffective tackles time to go to PNG brother.

shout out to Pauga Toops Whyte Rads and may who were fantastic.
                  None, that's none, zero...not even one of our players is an idiot.
                  Show me a player in any team who's never made a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan Aboud View Post

Exactly, we had Sitili playing prop on the left side which is not his position or area on the field!!!! He did good though...
                    Agree.

Comment

If Jennings had passed to Dom, Dom scores, we win.
                      Simple.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post

So our game plan was no game plan. Just rely on Lady Luck and hope for the best? If a worker performed as badly in any other job it would be instant dismissal. Robbo seems to rely way too much on luck instead of a solid game plan. Just to blitz them and win is his game strategy, but high risk footy = high error rates with plenty of fumbles/penalties.
                        I have no idea what the game plan was. We played both recklessly (the early passes to Young, forcing offloads that weren’t on, early kicking, double movement from Manu) and then conservatively at the same time (taking the 2pts twice, midfield bomb special from Keary).

As I said before, an absolute bedshit of a performance from top to bottom. Kill it with fire.

Comment

Originally posted by HunchoRooster View Post

I have no idea what the game plan was. We played both recklessly (the early passes to Young, forcing offloads that weren’t on, early kicking, double movement from Manu) and then conservatively at the same time (taking the 2pts twice, midfield bomb special from Keary).

As I said before, an absolute bedshit of a performance from top to bottom. Kill it with fire.
                          Origin took Leniu, Angus (better hurry up and sign him before he gets away), Collins, Teddy (our captain, leader, playmaker and try scorer), and Suaalii...arguably our 5 best players.
                          5 best players out, it makes a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Origin took Leniu, Angus (better hurry up and sign him before he gets away), Collins, Teddy (our captain, leader, playmaker and try scorer), and Suaalii...arguably our 5 best players.
                            All except Suaali
                            suaali has certainly not been in our best 5. Maybe except his last game

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post

Jake's kicking game won them the game thou.

You are right. It was even worse watching those two smug gimps Townsend and Payten in the press conference knowing that we shit the bed and they got 2 points.

I have always, and will always love the Roosters (I still remember the bad old days).......but by crikey we can be one of the most brain dead sh1t for brains teams at times. I just wish the players felt a loss as deeply as us fans, then they might make an effort to play better against teams they should lap.

The worse part was all week I was saying to my wife that being a wet field and playing a team that nobody gave a hope to we were sure favourites to get our pants pulled down. She thought I was crazy until 5.50pm yesterday and then she saw what I saw (and being a Roosters fan living in Townsville after yesterday is a living Hell).

Someone in another thread intimated that perhaps with $6+ odd for the Cowboys that maybe something dodgy was going on, but in all honesty even if they tried they'd probably go down the wrong street, trip and drop the betting slip with the counter wide open, or at least one cheesy player would be gassed just getting out of the car and wouldn't make it to the counter

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Exactly right BB. Both teams were missing their best players. I was confident before Teddy was taken away at the last minute, then it became more 50 / 50 for me. No Watson either and tgen Jared gone after 20 minutes added to the problem. Having said that we were in control at half time.

Comment

Working...
                                X