No announcement yet.

The roll call of idiots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought this was a thread about Les No Colours.

Comment

Originally posted by BTRD View Post
      I thought Stilli went alright too.

I just don't get how we lose so many games that we should win.
      Well, that's easy -- they're weak. Feeble minded. The hard edge we had, left with Friend, Cordner, Aubusson, Cronk and Morris.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Origin took Leniu, Angus (better hurry up and sign him before he gets away), Collins, Teddy (our captain, leader, playmaker and try scorer), and Suaalii...arguably our 5 best players.
        5 best players out, it makes a big difference.
        Yes but we still have amazing talent all over the park.

They lost their dummy half Robson who plays 80 every week, Val Holmes who is their best attacker, Dearden who is their main playmaker, Cotter who is their best forward and Nanai who is their strike weapon forward. Admittedly not as potent as Angus but still important to what they do.

It was an unforgivable result given the circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by The Bondi spy View Post
          did you enjoy his terrible offload or his missed tackles more?
          Sitili only missed 1 tackle though

Comment

Dom just needs one on one defensive coaching.
            Surely we have a spare defensive coach somewhere in the organisation.
            Opening statement by the defence coach should be:
            "Stay on your wing in defence. No tries should ever be scored outside you.
            You defend the sideline and let those inside you take the blame for not numbering up properly /not getting across in sufficient numbers."

Comment

You defend the sideline and let those inside you take the blame for not numbering up properly /not getting across in sufficient numbers."
              I think half of my posts going back 10 years were about wingers coming in for no reason.

This up and in defence has been worked out by nearly every 5/8-halfback in the comp- yet wingers still come in when defending to "shutdown play" when all they need to do is stay on their opposite winger. Its as if they think "theres no overlap so ill run in front of my centre and make the overlap"

Maybe i'm just getting old but in my day it was a personal battle amongst wingers marking each other- you wouldn't want your opposite scored you really did take it personally. These days ppppfffttt

Comment

Thank goodness we don't have a defensive coach that believes in one-on-one defence on the tryline. The likes of Kikau and Olakau'ata would be licking their lips at the prospect of breaking score-trying records each time they steamrolled Keary and Walker.

If you accept that one-on-one is a bad defensive ploy vs crash plays then you also accept that there are times outside backs will need to come in off their wing and shut down the play.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
                  well on a slightly positive note i the Blake Steep did his job. Nice tackling style and good energy.

Whyte needs an angry pill. he just looks way to calm on his runs. He has great pcm rates every game.

Tyrell may, what can you say the guy has a good angry engine. loves a try or two

i noticed cranky kez on the field again today. seems to be doing alot of yelling at players, especially sammy and it appears that not everyone responds to him when he does it.
                  I noticed it at the end of last week's game as well. Made a comment on here about it but it seems that no-one else saw it.
                  1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
                  1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Voodoo Man View Post
                    I thought this was a thread about Les No Colours.
                    Les & his thread got abducted last night.

Where is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Eggspert View Post

Where is it?
                      Merged with the other 20 threads he’s created on the same topic?

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

That's not very we one has to say, so it's we when winning but them when losing. Got it
                        Sentence wouldn’t make a lot of sense if it was……”We didn’t listen to me yelling at them either”. Did you not go to school?

Comment

Originally posted by Eggspert View Post

Where is it?
                          I was wondering too. Melted down again for sure.

Comment

Well into the game it looked obvious that Manu was doing a Teddy and trying to do everything himself and in the process generally stuffing things up for everyone else, My thinking at the time was that Pauga should have been put at FB and Manu back into the centres where he excels. I tried to call Trent but couldn't get through! Wtf! N.B Do not bag Sitili... repeat after me .. Do not
                            etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Funky Chicken View Post

You are right. It was even worse watching those two smug gimps Townsend and Payten in the press conference knowing that we shit the bed and they got 2 points.

I have always, and will always love the Roosters (I still remember the bad old days).......but by crikey we can be one of the most brain dead sh1t for brains teams at times. I just wish the players felt a loss as deeply as us fans, then they might make an effort to play better against teams they should lap.

The worse part was all week I was saying to my wife that being a wet field and playing a team that nobody gave a hope to we were sure favourites to get our pants pulled down. She thought I was crazy until 5.50pm yesterday and then she saw what I saw (and being a Roosters fan living in Townsville after yesterday is a living Hell).

Someone in another thread intimated that perhaps with $6+ odd for the Cowboys that maybe something dodgy was going on, but in all honesty even if they tried they'd probably go down the wrong street, trip and drop the betting slip with the counter wide open, or at least one cheesy player would be gassed just getting out of the car and wouldn't make it to the counter

My personal view is that we dont seem to have a plan B or C for certain games.

In wet weather footy you have to change your playing style. Forwards hitting it up and kicking deep and to the sidelines.

With a bunch of stars out, you have to play basic footy. No mistakes, complete our sets, kick it and defend aggressively.

But we seem to want to play fancy footy all the time?

My take only.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky Chicken View Post
                                We lost to a team with Chad Townsend and Jake Clifford as their halves...........enough said!!
                                Townsend is a solid, capable first grade player.
                                Teams dismiss him at their peril.
                                We are still rebuilding.

Comment

Working...
                                X