No announcement yet.

Get Ben Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunt is an excellent player and one of the best halves in the game. Only a fool would think he wouldn’t add value to any side he joins, let alone ours.

Comment

Originally posted by Qld Chook View Post

I said this at the time and got shot down - parra have gotten him on unders. The fact he can cover fullback, centre & wing is invaluable.

I think next year will be a tough slog. We don't have any reliable centres or a backup for Teddy and we have invested in an unknown in Marky Mark. We basically will need to have no injuries to outside backs..
      Radley, N Butcher, and other forwards could play in the backs.
      The backs in other teams are as big as forwards.

Comment

Swap? Hunt for Cheese and play Hunt at 9?

Comment

Highly doubt we end up with Benny, although I'd certainly be happy if we did and he would obviously add value.
          That being said, when a player hits the wall, they hit it pretty hard. One season too many and suddenly they become unrecognizable. Happens to most players.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveTheWorld View Post
            Highly doubt we end up with Benny, although I'd certainly be happy if we did and he would obviously add value.
            That being said, when a player hits the wall, they hit it pretty hard. One season too many and suddenly they become unrecognizable. Happens to most players.
            Yes indeed...judgement and timing is key.

Comment

As experienced as he is, Hunt isnt getting any younger at 33 or 34.
              Is he worth the risk?

Comment

i reckon we should go for his brother karmichael and get rabs out of retirement to commentate our games and maybe we'll get a rerun of a highlight from rabs's commenting career

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
                  i reckon we should go for his brother karmichael and get rabs out of retirement to commentate our games and maybe we'll get a rerun of a highlight from rabs's commenting career
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9YGgjDTG88w

Comment

Originally posted by Inflictor View Post
                    always makes me laugh

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Radley, N Butcher, and other forwards could play in the backs.
                      The backs in other teams are as big as forwards.
                      I really hope i don't see Rads or N Butcher in the backs. That'll do me, Nat would get burnt out there and be an absolute liability.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
                        While you’re there, get Dr John Orchard to staple Michael DeVere’s birth certificate

Comment

Pass, great player but you need to consider where we are at as a club. When Cronk came in at the end of his career he was the missing piece that brought it all together. We had great leadership and premiership winners and were prime to win a comp with the right half and even though Cronk was at the end he had enough left to lead that group of champions.

we are about to hit a patch we haven’t had in awhile.. a lack of leadership, experience and champions.. yes hunt would add to that but this isn’t a 1-2 year job… we need someone around the late 20s who can help rebuild over the next 4-5 years.. hunt can’t offer that. We are better off investing money elsewhere and building for the future instead of looking for a magical piece that will deliver us success.
                          My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
                          My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

Comment

you talk too much sense.

If he did come in say 2026 then Sandon would have played close to 50 games and Walker 100 so need to just stick with them

Originally posted by IRoosterManI View Post
                            Pass, great player but you need to consider where we are at as a club. When Cronk came in at the end of his career he was the missing piece that brought it all together. We had great leadership and premiership winners and were prime to win a comp with the right half and even though Cronk was at the end he had enough left to lead that group of champions.

we are about to hit a patch we haven’t had in awhile.. a lack of leadership, experience and champions.. yes hunt would add to that but this isn’t a 1-2 year job… we need someone around the late 20s who can help rebuild over the next 4-5 years.. hunt can’t offer that. We are better off investing money elsewhere and building for the future instead of looking for a magical piece that will deliver us success.

Comment

Originally posted by IRoosterManI View Post

Spot on. Will Hunt make our team better, probably. Will he win us the comp, doubtful.

Comment

Working...
                              X