Brandon Smith skips mid season review, club issues breach notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened Nick?
    Lodge, Smith, Fafita aren't Roosters type of players. Might be time for the great man to retire.

Comment

Originally posted by The Real King View Post
      What happened Nick?
      Lodge, Smith, Fafita aren't Roosters type of players. Might be time for the great man to retire.
      Lodge is an odd shout.

Bloke is on track to break the record for most clubs by a single player.

Comment

Something doesn't make sense.

The review was the very next day after the Cowboys loss. I think the club is more professional than that by not contacting him on the day of the review to summon him to a meeting.

This review communication surely would have been brought up some time on the Sunday to the players for the next day.

Surely the club doesn't do all its important communication to players by phone.

For him to say he didn't know it was on after being told personally it was....well that won't go well for him.

Comment

Not defending Smith, but unless I see/hear something official from the club or Robbo I'm putting this down to a story that has been blown out of proportion by the journos. In the article he says that he owns the mistake. Let's see how the club responds. Until then there's no point falling for journo BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Tennessee Tornado View Post
            Unfortunately there is noise about town that there more significant issues with Smith than this. If things continue he may not be with us next year
            Me thinks his major problems is fitness he just can’t play big minutes and seems to be carrying excess weight may be better off at lock with Watson or smith at hooker

Comment

Rugby league is a job. If your manager schedules a meeting you show up. And if they call you, even if it's 2am, you answer.
              Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

What happened Nick?
                We won premierships with LOD, Tetevano, and Fergo.

Robbo fancies himself as a psychologist.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post

We won premierships with LOD, Tetevano, and Fergo.

Robbo fancies himself as a psychologist.
                  Brian Smith acolyte.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
                    That’s all we need. It will be interesting to see whether this affects his selection for the next game.
                    The general opinion in this forum seems to be that he's not fit and "is gassed after 10 minutes"...and as such we don't need him.
                    Maybe we could spend the $850,000 more wisely.

Comment

Psychology is major factor in every facet of life today.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                        Rugby league is a job. If your manager schedules a meeting you show up. And if they call you, even if it's 2am, you answer.
                        Yeah nah... if my boss calls at 2am I'm not picking up.

Now can we can this discussion and focus on beating the frigging Eels?!? I'm in bed with wretched COVID symptoms and quite frankly don't give a fark whether or not Cheese attended a meeting. The facts will all come out eventually and making broader claims based on innuendo (about our own family) is quite frankly unproductive.

Comment

What happened Nick?
                          LOL
                          Surely that's a joke.

Lodge was only ever a cheap fill-in, experiment.
                          Smith played well at the Storm.
                          Fifita was Second rower of the Year in 2023.
                          Trent was confident he could have him reach his full potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                            His manager isn't his boss. They've got nothing to do with a mid season review.

The club is. Robbo is.

If anyone calls me outside of business hours or at 2am then I'm telling them to go get stuffed!

The Roosters would have told him about this in normal hours. Looks like it's all on him.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Yeah nah... if my boss calls at 2am I'm not picking up.

Now can we can this discussion and focus on beating the frigging Eels?!? I'm in bed with wretched COVID symptoms and quite frankly don't give a fark whether or not Cheese attended a meeting. The facts will all come out eventually and making broader claims based on innuendo (about our own family) is quite frankly unproductive.
                              Sympathy.
                              I'm in bed with covid, tested positive Saturday.
                              It's horrible.

Comment

As the Clash put it "Back in the garage with my bullshit detector".

I am reminded again why I hate bye weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X