Brandon Smith skips mid season review, club issues breach notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eggspert View Post

His manager isn't his boss. They've got nothing to do with a mid season review.

The club is. Robbo is.

If anyone calls me outside of business hours or at 2am then I'm telling them to go get stuffed!

The Roosters would have told him about this in normal hours. Looks like it's all on him.
    I didn't mean his manager as in the person who sorts his deals out etc.I didn't mean to be taken so literally. I was talking figuratively.

Either way you don't agree so that's cool.
    Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

The general opinion in this forum seems to be that he's not fit and "is gassed after 10 minutes"...and as such we don't need him.
      Maybe we could spend the $850,000 more wisely.
      I was always a Sam Verrills fan so was disappointed when we let him go for Smith. Smith hasn't really been too impressive for us to date though his form at the start of the year was looking good and an improvement on last year. I'm just not going to read too much into all these rumours at the moment and will wait to hear what Robbo and the club has to say.

Comment

We can afford to cut cheese. Hooker is one position we have talent in droves here - Watson,Moriarty, Loelu and Holten.

Not to mention we could probably snag someone to cover until we get these guys developed a little more. I was disappointed to see us lose young Deakin in the off season as well.

Comment

If/when we cut Cheese, geez we are going to lose a lot of experience for next year and beyond.
          That is why I’d be happy to chase Hunt or even someone not off contract but wants out of their current Club.

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post
            We can afford to cut cheese. Hooker is one position we have talent in droves here - Watson,Moriarty, Loelu and Holten.

Not to mention we could probably snag someone to cover until we get these guys developed a little more. I was disappointed to see us lose young Deakin in the off season as well.
            We have one proven performer who has predominantly played off the bench and a bunch of untried rookies. They might be talented but its largely unproven so another option who's ready to play NRL would be needed from the getgo

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post

I was always a Sam Verrills fan so was disappointed when we let him go for Smith. Smith hasn't really been too impressive for us to date though his form at the start of the year was looking good and an improvement on last year. I'm just not going to read too much into all these rumours at the moment and will wait to hear what Robbo and the club has to say.
              Verrills cant even make the Tits run on side, sorry he isnt an upgrade.

Comment

We would have kept verills but his body couldn’t keep up with it that’s why we went for Brendon smith
                while he hasn’t been at his best he has had his moments, so is it smith or more robbo using him well or not well?
                also interesting is it Brendon smith trying to get out of his contract or roosters are trying to make moves
                lets hope he kicks on but atm not quite a cooper Cronk, sbw and teddy signing yet!

Comment

I can see why Trent hired Brandon; play the power game over the ad line, where the dummy half only has to shovel it on and maintain momentum and take your chances with strong runs when there is only one marker.

But.. the team can’t quite get a roll on consistently.

When they do, they are world beaters. Unfortunately turnovers and discipline hurt Brandon’s strength, his running game. That and his laconic persona.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook2 View Post
                    We would have kept verills but his body couldn’t keep up with it that’s why we went for Brendon smith
                    while he hasn’t been at his best he has had his moments, so is it smith or more robbo using him well or not well?
                    also interesting is it Brendon smith trying to get out of his contract or roosters are trying to make moves
                    lets hope he kicks on but atm not quite a cooper Cronk, sbw and teddy signing yet!
                    Agree with those saying Verrills was always injured. It was definitely a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post

I didn't mean his manager as in the person who sorts his deals out etc.I didn't mean to be taken so literally. I was talking figuratively.

Either way you don't agree so that's cool.
                      Ahhh fair enough...hehe

But I'm still not answering the phone at 2am.

A good Union wouldn't allow that.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

LOL
                        Surely that's a joke.

Lodge was only ever a cheap fill-in, experiment.
                        Smith played well at the Storm.
                        Fifita was Second rower of the Year in 2023.
                        Trent was confident he could have him reach his full potential.
                        Who cares what they were/weren't and how they played previously. All I said was they are not Roosters type of players.
                        Angus, Keary, Teddy and Cooper are recruits that would give/gave everything for the Roosters.
                        Smith doesn't have the same attitude, but I hope I am wrong and he finds the Roosters way soon.

Comment

I don't think Brandon has been bad. He might not of lived up to expectations week in week out but he has had some strong performances for us. Increasingly difficult for dummy halves attacking game with markers now allowed to stand either side of the man playing the ball.

Hopefully if this gambling issue has any merit he can get his shit together because it must have some impact on his performance. Also, I wonder which party decided the breach notice needed to be out in the public domain?

Comment

Smith hasn't been great but I havnt seen much from Verrils to suggest the Roosters got it wrong...
                            I'd rather be going into the finals this year with the cheese at 9 that's for sure.
                            He's a big game player and he will come good at the business end of the season.
                            Last edited by Bondicigar; 06-10-2024, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Not fit enough. We need 60 quality minutes out of him every week. We barely get it. See ya!

Comment

As much as anything can be believed, braith said he spoke to uncle Nick today, and Nick said they want smith here next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X