Brandon Smith skips mid season review, club issues breach notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
    Not fit enough. We need 60 quality minutes out of him every week. We barely get it. See ya!
    I agree with this!

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
      As much as anything can be believed, braith said he spoke to uncle Nick today, and Nick said they want smith here next year.
      Not surprised,we always want to look like the good guys in the media..

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
        As much as anything can be believed, braith said he spoke to uncle Nick today, and Nick said they want smith here next year.
        Unless a better option comes up.

Comment

So another tabloid roosters story, guaranteed click bait revenue.
          They must have a stack of drafts written up but only have to fill in the blanks.
          The prequiste is the NRL releases 17 articles per day.
          All the hysteria with the big Joe / pretty boy incident and the interviewing of ex qld players to comment was a case of paid for comment to fuel the click bait revenue.
          It’s all so contrived whilst the general public are being stooged.

Comment

According to Keary the club and leadership group have enforced a punishment on Smith for not maintaining club standards.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...3701fb59f&ei=5

Comment

If he doesn't pull himself into line after this he can p!ss off.
              Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post
                So another tabloid roosters story, guaranteed click bait revenue.
                They must have a stack of drafts written up but only have to fill in the blanks.
                The prequiste is the NRL releases 17 articles per day.
                All the hysteria with the big Joe / pretty boy incident and the interviewing of ex qld players to comment was a case of paid for comment to fuel the click bait revenue.
                It’s all so contrived whilst the general public are being stooged.
                Do Chookpen posts contribute to the 17 articles per day?

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
                  According to Keary the club and leadership group have enforced a punishment on Smith for not maintaining club standards.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...3701fb59f&ei=5
                  Good responses from Kez and Rads. Hopefully Smith responds well too.

Comment

Originally posted by A Country Member View Post
                    Do Chookpen posts contribute to the 17 articles per day?
                    That made me laugh however whoever posts a media link here or anywhere else furthers the revenue for the Axis of Evil.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post

That made me laugh however whoever posts a media link here or anywhere else furthers the revenue for the Axis of Evil.
                      What about consuming the AoE information secondhand by proxy?

Is it all a ruse just to get eyes onto logos? Are the players mere moving billboards?

Is Uncle the syndicate leader, since he was the first to put sponsorship onto our sacred jersey, and thereby generating more exposure for City Ford etc

The say ‘yes’ more often

bp, you could be onto sumfin!

.. hang on, do I need fuel for my car???

Comment

Originally posted by A Country Member View Post

What about consuming the AoE information secondhand by proxy?

Is it all a ruse just to get eyes onto logos? Are the players mere moving billboards?

Is Uncle the syndicate leader, since he was the first to put sponsorship onto our sacred jersey, and thereby generating more exposure for City Ford etc

The say ‘yes’ more often

bp, you could be onto sumfin!

.. hang on, do I need fuel for my car???
                        I am onto sumfin as you mention.
                        A 27week tv program comp x17 official NRL story’s per day minimum. That’s over 3,000 tabloid releases by the Axis of Evil, then there is all the independent portals as well using other media publications as their own.
                        It’s huge $, besides there are paid comments for ex players as either hosts or guests on NRL 360 etc and ch9 footy show to further the drama during the 27week period. Spin Spin Spin. More More More $$$.
                        The drawn out Fake of Origin series inclusive of a 2week lead up period the cherry on the pie for Ch 9 who own the series as well as the GF. Shared click bait revenue to the other media body’s promoting both.
                        There is no way the drawn out Fake of Origin series will occur at the end of the season because of it will lead into late Nov, but more importantly the media would need to promote Ch9s GF and Fake of Origin at the same time.

Up Easts.

Comment

Over the next month I think we will find out if smith actually wants to stay or not with performances on the park
                          this could be part of the issue next year with jwh, Keary, Manu all going with the standards but there should be enough guys still there long enough to keep these going

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post

Good responses from Kez and Rads. Hopefully Smith responds well too.
                            They were great responses. This will be the rocket Smith needs.

Keary: "There are some standards here that have been around this joint for a long time. “A lot of those older boys have put those standards in. We all adhere to them. Brandon is no different. When you don’t adhere to them, you get punished. That’s an internal thing ... but the club dealt with it in an appropriate way.”

Rads: “Any time I have got in strife you feel like you want to pay the boys back. And you do that by playing footy. A little thing like that can be beneficial. I know personally, I learnt everything the hard way. “A lot of players are similar. I know me and Brandon are probably a bit. You have to learn everything the hard way. I’ve been taught so many lessons in my life. And I’ve done them and got in trouble for it and only then learnt. It’s another one for him, but he’ll be right.”

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
                              As the Clash put it "Back in the garage with my bullshit detector".

I am reminded again why I hate bye weeks.
                              People ringing up making offers for my life
                              I just want to stay in the garage all night

Comment

Would be interested to see his stats this season, tackles made, tackle efficiency, etc. Yes he looks gassed all the time, but some guys are like that. I coached a guy in our local team who looked like he was gone after his first hit up, but if you left him on the field he would still be makings his tackles and taking his carries in the 79th minute. Not everybody can be like Chad Townsend and play a full game without getting a hair out of place

Comment

Working...
                                X