Brandon Smith skips mid season review, club issues breach notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Batemans Bay Rooster View Post

They were great responses. This will be the rocket Smith needs.

Keary: "There are some standards here that have been around this joint for a long time. “A lot of those older boys have put those standards in. We all adhere to them. Brandon is no different. When you don’t adhere to them, you get punished. That’s an internal thing ... but the club dealt with it in an appropriate way.”

Rads: “Any time I have got in strife you feel like you want to pay the boys back. And you do that by playing footy. A little thing like that can be beneficial. I know personally, I learnt everything the hard way. “A lot of players are similar. I know me and Brandon are probably a bit. You have to learn everything the hard way. I’ve been taught so many lessons in my life. And I’ve done them and got in trouble for it and only then learnt. It’s another one for him, but he’ll be right.”
    Radley also mentioned that Brandon has had a haircut and a shave, so he’s right to rip in. I didn’t realise that was a performance indicator but if it’s good for Victor, it’s good for me.

Comment

Smith thought his contract was going to be torn up.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...e9ebdcef956979

Comment

Storm in a Tea Cup - dealt with internally.

Knee jerk reactions

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
          Smith thought his contract was going to be torn up.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...e9ebdcef956979
          Sounds like they've dealt with it internally, it has nothing to do with a (falsely speculated) bad habit, the senior players have come out to support him and Nick has said 'I want him here next year'.

IMO he's the sort of dude who's a little bit childish/whimsical (which is what makes him a creative, unpredictable player) so he would probably benefit from the occasional bit of hard love to bring him into line.

Keary has summed it up best:

"It wasn't a major thing," Keary said.
          "But there are some standards here that have been around this joint for a long time. A lot of those older boys have put those standards in.
          "We all adhere to them. Brandon is no different. When you don't adhere to them you get punished."

Source: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-06-...ters/103961106

---

PS - For the Tories on here... it's not as if he shoulder charged a journalist and then stood there using a weird, girlie laugh as the guy lay on the ground saying 'you've just assaulted me'. That might get you sacked. Some people in this world [COUGH... sorry COVID... COUGH... Gladys, Stuart, John, Pete...etc] probably woulda been better off if they'd missed the odd meeting.
          Last edited by ism22; 06-11-2024, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Knee jerk reactions
            A massive storm in a tea cup.
            Some people believe anything they hear or read on social media.

FFS

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Knee jerk reactions
              Teams don't hand out breach notices for no reason and this distraction still doesn't change the fact this team has a so called marquee signing on $850k a season who is severely underperforming his contract.

Comment

Was always a strange signing. I don’t think he’s a bad bloke or bad for our culture or whatever, but it seems like he is a bit of an off with the fairies kind of bloke. He doesn’t seem to want to grow up and I think he’ll always be that larrikin sort of guy. Nothing wrong with that if you deliver on the field. He hasn’t been. He tries his guts out every week, you can tell by the way he tries to put hits on and how hard he runs. However, his fitness is just nowhere near where it needs to be for a premier hooker on 850k.

I would not be upset if he left at seasons end. He is being outshone by Watson and Sandon currently and is good for 2 runs a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
                  Would be interested to see his stats this season, tackles made, tackle efficiency, etc. Yes he looks gassed all the time, but some guys are like that. I coached a guy in our local team who looked like he was gone after his first hit up, but if you left him on the field he would still be makings his tackles and taking his carries in the 79th minute. Not everybody can be like Chad Townsend and play a full game without getting a hair out of place
                  Appearances: 12
                  Tries: 2
                  Try Assists: 1
                  Line Breaks: 2
                  Line Break Assists: 1
                  Offloads: 2
                  Receipts: 739
                  Forced Drop Outs: 1
                  Average Kicking Metres: 34
                  Tackles Made: 335
                  Tackle Efficiency: 90%
                  Average Running Metres: 61
                  Total Running Metres: 734
                  Tackle Breaks: 22
                  Average Minutes: 54

Comment

Originally posted by A Country Member View Post
                    Radley also mentioned that Brandon has had a haircut and a shave, so he’s right to rip in. I didn’t realise that was a performance indicator but if it’s good for Victor, it’s good for me.
                    He was beginning to look like a Beatles tribute act with that bowl cut of his.

Comment

• He done wrong, he got pinged for it …issue closed ……unless your on NRL 360 , those ****ing nitwits carried on like he’d shot a guide dog

Comment

• Hope the Club doesn’t try and portray the good Club image again by standing Brandon down this week..

We need all hands on deck and need to bank as many wins as possible!

Just have a sneaky feeling the Club will take the high road again…

Comment

• So let me get this straight.. he “ left “ his phone at home because he ignores his missus? That’s pretty telling in itself right there no???

Comment

• Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post
                            So let me get this straight.. he “ left “ his phone at home because he ignores his missus? That’s pretty telling in itself right there no???
                            I'm the same age as Brandon, and unfortunately it's very common for this generation. I'm not on my phone too much, but I do make a note of putting it on silent and facedown when I'm out with anyone.

Would hardly think this reflects on Brandon at all. If it's true, good on him for leaving it at home (notwithstanding forgetting his meeting, obviously).

Comment

• Originally posted by Waylander View Post

Appearances: 12
                              Tries: 2
                              Try Assists: 1
                              Line Breaks: 2
                              Line Break Assists: 1
                              Offloads: 2
                              Receipts: 739
                              Forced Drop Outs: 1
                              Average Kicking Metres: 34
                              Tackles Made: 335
                              Tackle Efficiency: 90%
                              Average Running Metres: 61
                              Total Running Metres: 734
                              Tackle Breaks: 22
                              Average Minutes: 54
                              So it's not like he's hiding on the short side when he's out there, he still gets through a bit of work

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

So it's not like he's hiding on the short side when he's out there, he still gets through a bit of work
                                I was watching him closely last game and he chases everything! He is not a bludger! If anything he needs to pace himself the way Cam Smith did.

Comment

Working...
                                X