Brandon Smith skips mid season review, club issues breach notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DP1990 View Post
    Over Brandon. Questionable signing to begin with and has never fit our style or culture. He's just got that "I get paid and I'm just here for a good time vibe" about him.

I'd be happy to see him go ... don't really care who we go after, Watson can fill that role or Tyler Moriarty and we can put that money to better use like an outside back or two.

This is how I see it ... Jeremy Marshall-King to follow Wayne to Souffs, Cook to either be utility or find another club (maybe Superleague) and Smith to head to the Dolphins.

There's also an added rumour floating around that this training session mishap isn't the only issue but more of a crutch (excuse) for the club to come down hard as his "gambling" issues have become an apparent distraction and problem again. There's rumours that he has borrowed money from other players and he's struggling to pay them back, etc.

Source???

Or just your thoughts?

Comment

Over Brandon. Questionable signing to begin with and has never fit our style or culture. He's just got that "I get paid and I'm just here for a good time vibe" about him.

I'd be happy to see him go ... don't really care who we go after, Watson can fill that role or Tyler Moriarty and we can put that money to better use like an outside back or two.

This is how I see it ... Jeremy Marshall-King to follow Wayne to Souffs, Cook to either be utility or find another club (maybe Superleague) and Smith to head to the Dolphins.

There's also an added rumour floating around that this training session mishap isn't the only issue but more of a crutch (excuse) for the club to come down hard as his "gambling" issues have become an apparent distraction and problem again. There's rumours that he has borrowed money from other players and he's struggling to pay them back, etc.
      Buzz in his whispers column today was spreading rumours about a high profile player with past gambling issues struggling with issues again. Most of the time these rumours are a load of rubbish. I think we should just wait to see what Robbo or the club has to say before speculating.

Comment

SHOOSH

Which NRL club has all but given up on a high-profile player who has serious gambling issues that they tried to address with him last year. The player is off the rails again, his form is ordinary and now his future at the club is very much in doubt.

was hoping this rumour wasn’t anything to do with us, but maybe it is?

Comment

Originally posted by Danish View Post
          Really getting our value out of kicking verrills out of the club for this sack of shit
          I have never met Verrills - he appeared like a good bloke and really popular amongst his peers.

I have never met Smith.

I think Robinson thought signing Smith was going to be the key ' missing ingredient '.

Anyway, I guess we just have to see how things pan out.

Comment

JMK has resigned with the dolphins I think.
            EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

He's been a 'money for nothin' and the chick's for free ' signing to be honest . And I did have high hopes

Comment

He must be stood down for this week. The team comes first. Just like the Warriors stood down AFB for not singing the team song.

There is a premiership up for grabs.

What young person goes anywhere these days without their phones.

Comment

"Didn't have his phone on him", and so was uncontactable for more than 12 hours. Only one reason to do that.

Sounds like he must be already sailing close to the wind, having to be served some sort of breach notice. Can't be the first time.

I rate him big time and hope he farkin wakes up.

Comment

Bring back Verrills

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
                      Bring back Verrills
                      Agree. I never wanted him to be let go in the first place..

Comment

I think the club playing Watson in front him speaks volumes in itself.I have never seen a player get as gassed as quickly as Smith does…Certainly not worth the 850k he is purportedly on.

Comment

"Sources with knowledge of the situation talking under the condition of anonymity in order to speak freely told this masthead".

How many times do we hear this BS?

So more than one person within the club has snitched.

I'll wait and see what Robbo "actually" says about it.

FFS

Comment

Piss him off. The guy is a fat bum.

Comment

No kid that age goes anywhere without his phone. And the Club knows that. Just throw ya hands up and say you " farked up". It's better than telling fairytales.

Anyone know when Connor Watson is due back?
                              Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                                [/B]

Source???

Or just your thoughts?
                                Read in on Facebook.

Page: The Rugby League Report

You can look into it.

Comment

Working...
                                X