Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GrubBER View Post
    For what i’ve heard i wouldn’t be surprised if he never plays for us again
    Didn’t robbo in his press conference say he’s playing next week?

Comment

• No one at the club has said publicly they don't want him here. Robbo and the players have publicly said that his actions haven't been good enough, but also that it has been dealt with. It's the journos that have kept this story alive, causing this speculation. Has anyone from the club actually said that they are forcing Smith out???? Yet the circus carries on with new BS from the media everyday.

Comment

• Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
        No one at the club has said publicly they don't want him here. Robbo and the players have publicly said that his actions haven't been good enough, but also that it has been dealt with. It's the journos that have kept this story alive, causing this speculation. Has anyone from the club actually said that they are forcing Smith out???? Yet the circus carries on with new BS from the media everyday.
        Agreed. If Nick/Robbo/Teddy/Keary/JWH...etc wanted him out then he wouldn't have been at training (Lodge style).

Robbo's made it clear that he HAD to punish him, which I think we all agree with. He described it well too. If your kids play up then you MUST punish them because you care about them.

If Robbo didn't give a shyte about Cheese's development then he wouldn't have punished him. Simple as that. It woulda been the good old Homer Simpson 'mate if you don't turn up on Monday then don't bother turning up on Tuesday' kinda treatment rather than an attempt to get him back into line.

Comment

• Trent knows that taking playing away from footy players is the best form of punishment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
            It wouldn’t surprise me if the Cheese links up with Wayne Bennett at Souths, I heard that the Dragons are going to make a move for Cookie.
            Smart move by the Dragons. Cook played great last night and went flat chat for the full 80 mins, crisp service from dummy half, strong defence and scored a nice try.

Comment

• Originally posted by theGman View Post

Would that give you a chubby, watching him playing for your mob?
              Be careful what you wish for champ!
              My mob is the Roosters. Yes I bag them when I see them underperforming. I had high hopes that the Cheese and Rads would form a great combination. After all the bluster and hype around him coming here, it's frustrating and disappointing to see that it seems a long way off.
              Champ.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Country Member View Post
                Trent knows that taking playing away from footy players is the best form of punishment.
                Bingo. I've questioned some of his decisions to drop people (e.g. Walker last year) but I think that's exactly it.

Cheese was on James Graham's poddie early in the week giving his story and saying 'nah I think it's all good now' sorta thing. IMO particularly in that context, the reinforcement was needed here.

To me it also validly rewards Watson for turning up every week despite having a throat injury and knowing he's probably competing for the #14 spot at best most weeks.

Comment

• Not related to the OP topic but watching NRL360 tonight and the bald flogs are talking about us offloading Cheese to Souths and chipping in half. Surely this is not true ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Swamptrout View Post
                    Not related to the OP topic but watching NRL360 tonight and the bald flogs are talking about us offloading Cheese to Souths and chipping in half. Surely this is not true ?
                    I can’t see us doing that, especially to Souffs! I suspect it’s a lot of hot air like Big Joe leaving us early

Comment

Not related to the OP topic but watching NRL360 tonight and the bald flogs are talking about us offloading Cheese to Souths and chipping in half. Surely this is not true ?
                      Could happen. Cook is moving on next year and the Cheese is on the nose. Perfect scenario to broker a deal where both parties potentially win.

Comment

Here is a snip of Cheese on the bye round this week.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8VUe...dzamFpdHp5YTN5

Do you believe Cheese or Hoops?
                        Last edited by Inflictor; 06-19-2024, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Paying the grubs $1 is not a win in my eyes.

Comment

Paying the grubs $1 is not a win in my eyes.
                            Would you prefer the Cheese who's on $800k a year playing Reggies?

Comment

• Absolutely. Give nothing to the c*nts

Comment

• Originally posted by Tennessee Tornado View Post
                                I would be very surprised if any journalist has genuine information. The roosters are notorious for keeping a tight ship. At this stage I would suggest anything reported is purely opinion
                                Journos are just glorified gossip columnists these days.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Working...
                                X