Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SYDNEY ROOSTERS V PARRAMATTA EELS (Cheese dropped)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Waylander View Post

Wong has been playing prop in Reggies. If memory serves, Robbo has followed this pattern in the past with young back rowers ... blood them in 1sts, drop them down and play them for long minutes in the middle to build endurance and toughen up their defence, then bring them back into 1sts as a more complete player.

I expect to see Wong back in 1sts next week with SOO players absent, and he may well stay there from then on.
    Agree. This is exactly what Robbo has done with young forwards in the past, Whyte a case in point and look at him go now.

Comment

We really missed Watson last year , he has made a huge difference when he's played this year.
      Lets hope he stays fit and plays out the rest of the season somewhere in the 17.

Comment

Wong has been playing prop in Reggies. If memory serves, Robbo has followed this pattern in the past with young back rowers ... blood them in 1sts, drop them down and play them for long minutes in the middle to build endurance and toughen up their defence, then bring them back into 1sts as a more complete player.

I expect to see Wong back in 1sts next week with SOO players absent, and he may well stay there from then on.
        I really hope this is the case. They did also say on 100% footy that the Roosters have no entertained releasing him.

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
          I must been one of only a few, but IMO Cheese is the best hooker we have in our top 30. Both he and Watson have a place in my 17.
          I agree with you. I like the Cheese, only downside with him is he seems unfit whereas Connor can keep pace all game. Loving how Connor is playing this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Qld Chook View Post

I agree with you. I like the Cheese, only downside with him is he seems unfit whereas Connor can keep pace all game. Loving how Connor is playing this year.
            Mate unfit is an understatement I just hope they are giving him extra training and put him on a diet he needs it if the chooks are to get any value from him no wonder the Storm let him go

Comment

I think it's a bit naive to think that Cheese is not fit. He is averaging 54 min a game, where he plays a very physical game in the middle. I know he LOOKS like he's gassed, but if you watch he will then make a really good effort play in the very next moment. Some guys just look like that. I've seen comments on here about Sua'ali'i being slow, when he was clocked as the fastest in our team last year. Looks can be deceiving.

Yes, there are 80min hookers out there who play tough, but few are as physical as the Cheese in both their attack and defense. Besides, if you got 80 minutes out of him, you'd probably all be whinging that Watson doesn't get enough playing time.

Comment

This is such a big game.

Parra will be playing for its season. Moses for a Blues jersey.

The Eels have a 5-day turnaround from a brutal loss and we’ve had 2 weeks off.

Get out there and bash them, please.

Comment

Originally posted by weplayforprems View Post
                  This is such a big game.

All the pressure on Moses and the eels then, sometimes trying to hard can be your downfall.

Comment

They just need to be alert that kick pressure on Moses will cause him to run (so be ready to defend that and don't over chase), and that he also loves to play down a narrow blind side so be on high alert (especially if he goes into dummy half).

Hopefully Moses and Gutho will pull pec muscles from incessantly waving their arms around trying to get a penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by weplayforprems View Post
                      This is such a big game.

Zero confidence after how we went against the Cows (and with Sua'ali'i and Cheese out) but I hope we bash them.

Hopefully Cheese's situation & the content of the mid-season review serve as a reminder that shyte's real!!! Every game counts and we've just blown a golden opportunity to crack into the top 4 (which is rare with the comp so tight!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                        We really missed Watson last year , he has made a huge difference when he's played this year.
                        Lets hope he stays fit and plays out the rest of the season somewhere in the 17.
                        He'll be in the 17 every week if fit.
                        Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

I think it's a bit naive to think that Cheese is not fit. He is averaging 54 min a game, where he plays a very physical game in the middle. I know he LOOKS like he's gassed, but if you watch he will then make a really good effort play in the very next moment. Some guys just look like that. I've seen comments on here about Sua'ali'i being slow, when he was clocked as the fastest in our team last year. Looks can be deceiving.

Yes, there are 80min hookers out there who play tough, but few are as physical as the Cheese in both their attack and defense. Besides, if you got 80 minutes out of him, you'd probably all be whinging that Watson doesn't get enough playing time.
                          Could not agree more. He averages 28 tackles in 54 mins, that works out to be around 40 tackles in an 80 min period. Throw in a few darts from dummy half which are all effort and he's definitely got some output there.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

Could not agree more. He averages 28 tackles in 54 mins, that works out to be around 40 tackles in an 80 min period. Throw in a few darts from dummy half which are all effort and he's definitely got some output there.
                            How about his service to our first receivers? Keep an eye out for that next time.

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post

How about his service to our first receivers? Keep an eye out for that next time.
                              I wasn't commenting on his service, was commenting on whether he was fit enough.

Comment

This game against the Eels, and the next one against the Dogs...will define our season.
                                Define 2024 and define whether or not our recruitment for 2025 and beyond is correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X