Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SYDNEY ROOSTERS V PARRAMATTA EELS (Cheese dropped)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky Rhodes View Post

Agree...Wong or even Sitilli are better options. Need impact players on the bench to change the game if needed.

Eels are not crap IMO...different team with Moses back. Danger game...
    Yeah agreed. On 100% footy they were saying Wong's management isnt happy with him playing reserve grade and there are plenty of clubs interested in him. Honestly I can't blame him if he wanted to leave, he should be playing NRL.

Also agreed with Parra. They beat Cronulla convincingly recently and have a strong team on paper, if we turn up with a similar attitude that we had with the Cowboys or are sluggish after the bye we will get beat.

Comment

The key man Connor is back our run began with his 80min stints in the middle, high energy high intensity, leads the line speed in defence and gets the ball out quick and in front of our big boppers, gives our backs space and time in spades he’s more wired then my Jack Russel X Staffy.

Welcome back Connor whip everyone into shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

When cheese goes off it usually increases in value.
        Agree. He was off at the Storm hence why they offloaded him. We had the blinkers on and payed overs. Hopefully for our sake he comes good. The premiership window is open. Our perfect game is good enough to win the comp this year and we need him firing!

Comment

Originally posted by Qld Chook View Post

Yeah agreed. On 100% footy they were saying Wong's management isnt happy with him playing reserve grade and there are plenty of clubs interested in him. Honestly I can't blame him if he wanted to leave, he should be playing NRL.

Also agreed with Parra. They beat Cronulla convincingly recently and have a strong team on paper, if we turn up with a similar attitude that we had with the Cowboys or are sluggish after the bye we will get beat.
          Eels are stronger at home too. One thing in our favor is our good recent record vs the eels. Sivo is back and will add to the danger. Quality forwards in Paulo & Hopgood and Tuilagi looked the goods last week.

Pity about Wong if true..would be a huge loss.
          Who said 13 was an unlucky number? 13th Premiership in yr 13 on our 100th anniversary of our 1913 premiership.

Comment

I must been one of only a few, but IMO Cheese is the best hooker we have in our top 30. Both he and Watson have a place in my 17.

Comment

I wonder if it’s just 1 week or longer for smith?
              glad Watsons back
              let’s hope Wong pushes through he would be a better bench candidate then butcher
              suaali out isn’t really a loss! He offers nothing in attack and a liability in defence
              Who would know how this will go we will either win by 30+ or play like shit and beat ourselves by less then 6

Comment

Originally posted by Chook2 View Post
                glad Watsons back
                let’s hope Wong pushes through he would be a better bench candidate then butcher
                suaali out isn’t really a loss! He offers nothing in attack and a liability in defence
                Who would know how this will go we will either win by 30+ or play like shit and beat ourselves by less then 6
                The week after is without our origin players, so I’d hope it’s only a week.

Comment

If we lose Wong, you’d seriously need to look at the clubs recruitment and retention over the last few years.
                  Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by Chook2 View Post
                    glad Watsons back
                    TBH I wouldn't be surprised if it's longer as Robbo's a nice guy but doesn't fark around with punishments (IMO he loves setting an indefinite period in exile so that people don't just tick the boxes, they EARN their way back for an indefinite period, even if the team's down on players due to injuries).

Loved how Cheese described the hammering he got. When Graham asked him if the boys were still around when he arrived at Roosters HQ he was like 'no... there was only one guy there' (who I get the feeling mighta been Politis with a breach notice?)

My hope is that this is a turning point and Cheese obliterates the second half of the season. Equally I'm excited to see Watson back on deck as he was in GREAT form before that (throat?) injury.

Odd one but with the media having selected Moses as NSW's incoming half, I kinda wonder where things go if we do a job on Parra. I just dunno if Moses is the saviour the media think he'll be. Like sure we won that 3rd game with him but it was a dead rubber!

Comment

Hopefully Cheese’s dumping from the squad will be the kick up the backside he needs. Good looking team though so let’s hope we get our season back on track again as it won’t be easy against a desperate Parra team with Moses trying to impress for SOO selection.

Comment

Originally posted by BTRD View Post
                        The Eels are crap. We are not. Should win comfortably. We have a great roster.
                        We’ve said this many times only to get our pants pulled down…

Hopefully this weekend is different.

Comment

Originally posted by Qld Chook View Post

Yeah I feel like Wong's ceiling is way bigger than Butchers and he needs more of an opportunity. He showed in the finals last year he is made of the right stuff.
                          Agree. Wong is very error prone at the moment but Nat just doesn't offer enough, and doesn't have nearly the potential that Wong does.

Comment

For me the key this week will be getting early ball to our outside backs. Sivo, Russell, Talagi and Tuilagi are complete turnstiles. I think Joey Manu will have a field day.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
                              If we lose Wong, you’d seriously need to look at the clubs recruitment and retention over the last few years.
                              Wong has been playing prop in Reggies. If memory serves, Robbo has followed this pattern in the past with young back rowers ... blood them in 1sts, drop them down and play them for long minutes in the middle to build endurance and toughen up their defence, then bring them back into 1sts as a more complete player.

I expect to see Wong back in 1sts next week with SOO players absent, and he may well stay there from then on.

Comment

AFB was dropped for disciplinary reasons and came out next week and played well. I hope it’s the same with cheese. The team is better off with him firing and Watson playing the 14. He can come on after 25 to relieve cheese and 10-15 minutes into the second half switch to lock/edge with cheese back as hooker

Comment

Working...
                                X