Roosters Radio: Spencer Leniu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roosters Radio: Spencer Leniu

It’s well worth a listen to the latest Roosters Radio podcast. They have a good long chat to Spence about his early days, his motivations and his Origin debut. It’s a good insight into his character. Quite a humble, well spoken & respectful guy.

He is also apparently related to the Va’a boys and one of our NRLW girls.

Well , Spencer is a very impressive individual. Articulate, passionate and humble. Make him captain one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post
      It’s well worth a listen to the latest Roosters Radio podcast. They have a good long chat to Spence about his early days, his motivations and his Origin debut. It’s a good insight into his character. Quite a humble, well spoken & respectful guy.

He is also apparently related to the Va’a boys and one of our NRLW girls.
      I was skeptical of this signing, especially since rd 1 - but ever since he has returned, he hasn't put a foot wrong.

Saying and more importantly doing all the right things

Comment

Love Spence. Has all the hallmarks to be a long and tenured Rooster dominating our middle for years to come. He and May are the future and we must protect them at all costs.

Comment

I enjoyed the podcast and realised just how important family is to him. It goes beyond just motivation. It’s like it’s an underlying foundation to everything he does.

To discover he is related to the Va’a boys excites me. Imagine how committed Spencer will continue to be on the paddock, playing along side actual relatives. What incentive for him and also perhaps for the Va’a brothers to push up to first grade along side Spence

Comment

I met Spencer at the luanch this year. I was standing alone waiting for a friend and he came up to me and basically introduced himself, asked my name and we spoke for about 20 mins. Was very impressed and was quite disspointed we had to wait the 8 weeks to see him play his second game. Spoke really well and told me how much JWH inspires him. Great first impression. Really nice guy

Comment

What an utter beast he is with his carries, there isn't a more fearsome player with ball in hand in the comp. A couple of times against Canberra he ran straight at the big mouth Rapana. I almost felt sorry for the big mouth watching him slowly get up off the ground after being stampeded.

For anyone who didn't read his comments about the club after he returned from the suspension, they almost bring a tear to the eye;

“I have to give a massive shout out to the Roosters. Those who know will always know what they did for me. I’m grateful for the time and the effort they put into me because they put their reputation on the line."

"I’m grateful to be part of such a prestigious club. I didn’t know too much about the Roosters when I signed, but I definitely know what they’re about now. If it was my choice, I’d love to be a part of the club for life."
              Last edited by Batemans Bay Rooster; 06-13-2024, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Seems nothing like the racist miscreant some (incl on here) portrayed him as...Stwange.

Comment

Yeah, I met and spoke to him at the Brisbane meet and greet. Really laid-back nice guy who was happy to talk for ages.

At the end of our discussion, the line up for JWH was huge and I said to him, "that's what you have to become here at the club". He said, "I want to stay with the club for life".

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                    Seems nothing like the racist miscreant some (incl on here) portrayed him as...Stwange.
                    Whist others on here Jack, claimed he was a dud, and we'd "done our money"

I give you, posts across multiple threads from one of our very active members, who I won't name:

"I think we've done our money cold with Leniu. Like when we signed Momirovski, i cant believe we fell for him. He has been part of the best system in nearly 40 years. Playing behind 2 gun props in Leota & JFH. He has been largely ineffective when playing any sort of extended minute. I cannot get excited about him in any way at all"

"Can't find any room for Leniu either lol...."

"On the footy side of things, if i had to pick one of our forwards to miss a bunch of games I'd pick Leniu. We can cover him easily enough. Nat Butcher could and has easily filled the middle forward roll before"

"Moses Leota has been a beast for a while now hey !! He and JFH destroy team, no wonder Leniu looks ok for 15min spells following these two"

Comment

Originally posted by Horry View Post
                      I met Spencer at the luanch this year. I was standing alone waiting for a friend and he came up to me and basically introduced himself, asked my name and we spoke for about 20 mins. Was very impressed and was quite disspointed we had to wait the 8 weeks to see him play his second game. Spoke really well and told me how much JWH inspires him. Great first impression. Really nice guy
                      Great story Horry. It just goes to show how the media can completely manipulate an individual’s character which can affect public perception of them for life. I said from the start it was a trial by media and an over the top crusade with the demanding of as long a sentence as possible. I don’t suppose the media is going to do the right thing and do a profile on the real Spence any time soon?
                      Last edited by mightyrooster; 06-13-2024, 07:50 PM. Reason: In a rush, crap grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by takethe 2 View Post
                        I enjoyed the podcast and realised just how important family is to him. It goes beyond just motivation. It’s like it’s an underlying foundation to everything he does.

To discover he is related to the Va’a boys excites me. Imagine how committed Spencer will continue to be on the paddock, playing along side actual relatives. What incentive for him and also perhaps for the Va’a brothers to push up to first grade along side Spence
                        Well said and great post.

Comment

Google "is it possible for a black person to be racist?"

I just did.

Apparently, and I know this must be right because google is impartial, it is not possible for a coloured person to be racist. This dogma is displayed across at least the first page of google results.

This is explained in detail in the learned, highly intelligent evidence-based pieces appearing on this search page, using such valid scientifically proven concepts as "power imbalance" and "systemic racism".

You get the idea, I'm sure.

So Spencer, as I noted at the time of his public crucifixion, would have to be considered a tad unlucky to have been judged and convicted of having been the very first person of colour in history to have been guilty of racism.

Welcome to the roosters Spencer - it comes with some special perks and privileges!

Comment

Glad Spencer thinks this way the club stood by him and he wants to repay the club
                            tbh with Spencer, may, Collins and Whyte here I think we are in good hands in the front row post jwh era
                            while 1 person can’t replace him 4 stepping up could.
                            Whyte won’t be far off nz selection and may origin along with Samoa so we will have a full rep front row rotation

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                              Yeah, I met and spoke to him at the Brisbane meet and greet. Really laid-back nice guy who was happy to talk for ages.

At the end of our discussion, the line up for JWH was huge and I said to him, "that's what you have to become here at the club". He said, "I want to stay with the club for life".

Seriously mate. You didn't say that, and he didn't say that. Please spare us your fantasy nonsense, and divert these bullshit stories to the thread managed by Roosters 6 and old mate is22.

You ruin a perfectly good thread by sprouting utter bullshit like that. Pls stop doing it.

thanks mate.

Last edited by Batemans Bay Rooster; 06-13-2024, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X