Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What more does Gus have to do to get his $850k a year and complimentary Ford Ranger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angus’ attack is great but some of his defence is terrible. There was a lot of grabbing at jumpers last night, a number of which led to line breaks. As per nrl.com, 17 tackles, 7 misses, 4 ineffective. I know he isn’t a centre but some of the misses were Sitili-versus the dogs like.

He is not worth 850 or even 800. 750 at best considering some of what he has dished up in the past.

Comment

Let’s pay him top dollar for a few months worth of hot form, completely forgetting the millions we gave him over the years to produce rubbish. Smart business..
      Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

yeah mate and then he will fade away the next 2 years
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by A Country Member View Post

Angys was cold at the start of last season..
          but not ‘Joe frozen’
          Almost as hilarious was Potato Joe wandering off in the field while parachutists were landing in front of him.
          1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
          1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

If we don’t give him close to the money he is asking, another club will. If we were prepared to pay Fifita that much surely we can do similar with Gus? Maybe a shorter contract with the third and final year in the club’s favour?

Comment

NSW wins game 2
              Gus MOM
              His market value jumps another $50k/ $100k.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster89 View Post
                I think the club are more worried about his form after signing a new contract, not so much his form before signing it.
                Exactly my argument for a long time now. The guy’s proven unreliability means he’s just not worth that much. He only plays good around Origin or when his contract is up. Outside that he’s been crap. This is the Angus we bought but he only comes good when he wants to. Offer him $650,000 and the car. And a $200,000 bonus each year if he plays well. Some of his contract should be performance based otherwise once his money is guaranteed he’ll go to sleep on us again.
                “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Working...
                X