Toops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toops

What will Toops try scoring record end up being of he calls it time after next season.

If he remains fit I believe he ends up around the 180-190 mark.

My belief is he should’ve scored more. Under-utilised

Comment

The greatest roosters winger of all time

Comment

In the NRL era the only winger I'd consider better than Toops is Brett Morris.

He will retire as one of our greatest ever players.

Comment

Hope he plays til he is 40!!

Comment

Toops turns 33 tomorrow and i think his form is as good as it was when he was at his best. Theres no reason for next year to be his last unless he simply has had enough

Comment

yep, such a quality about everything he does. one year deals seems the way to go - balancing his value to the roosters v what he can earn in the super league - but i hope he plays until he scores 200 for us

Comment

What a gem Toups is. He is like a fine wine!
                Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

He played himself to a stand still last night and every run was dead straight at 100 miles an hour.
                  ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by A Country Member View Post
                    My belief is he should’ve scored more. Under-utilised
                    He would have scored more last night if Jennings hadn’t been such a hog.

Comment

Pretty crazy to think we had our 2013 GF winning left centre/wing combo start the game last night.

11 long years on and both of them scored tries too - proving they can still hold their own st the top level, crazyyy.

Jenko is injury prone now but Toops has only gotten better and I wouldnt swap him for anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Qld Chook View Post
                        Pretty crazy to think we had our 2013 GF winning left centre/wing combo start the game last night.

11 long years on and both of them scored tries too - proving they can still hold their own st the top level, crazyyy.

Jenko is injury prone now but Toops has only gotten better and I wouldnt swap him for anyone.
                        Yep was cool to see Jenko actually looked okay again too
                        I think having 3 years in toops and a year or two out of the game is catching up abit but he showed some of his pace again last night

Comment

Originally posted by The Bondi spy View Post
                          I agree. Low maintenance and a total professional

Comment

Originally posted by Qld Chook View Post

That is pretty crazy now you mention it...credit to how the guys have managed their fitness.

Comment

Originally posted by The Bondi spy View Post
                              Without doubt. And one of greatest wingers to have ever played the game, from any club. Add to that his humility and the way he has carried himself across 13 seasons at the highest level. Just a phenomenal player, and a great man. What an example he sets for his family and his community.

Comment

Working...
                              X