No announcement yet.

Milking penalties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think if the contact is actually high or there is some form of foul play and a penalty, you should stay down regardless of force. Every team but us do it and it only ends up punishing us. No prizes for nobility sadly. That is called milking.

What we saw from Parra on weekend and sadly what we are seeing more of, is complete diving. When there is no high contact or no foul play but they stay down anyway. It’s sad and a scourge on the game. The only ammo the RL boofheads hang on football is the play acting. It’s even sadder when a 120kg prop does it as opposed to a 65kg midfielder in round ball. They need to clean it up.

Comment

Originally posted by HunchoRooster View Post
      I think if the contact is actually high or there is some form of foul play and a penalty, you should stay down regardless of force. Every team but us do it and it only ends up punishing us. No prizes for nobility sadly. That is called milking.

What we saw from Parra on weekend and sadly what we are seeing more of, is complete diving. When there is no high contact or no foul play but they stay down anyway. It’s sad and a scourge on the game. The only ammo the RL boofheads hang on football is the play acting. It’s even sadder when a 120kg prop does it as opposed to a 65kg midfielder in round ball. They need to clean it up.
      Freddy called parra out on the Sunday footy show.

Comment

The Ref should instruct another player to play the ball and the so called injured player is taken behind play to be checked by the trainer - That's what used to happen

You don't want a system that rewards this by having free interchanges.

Players could be charged for this under the contrary conduct category if deemed to be milking - How it is determined that a player is milking is the issue though.

Which brings me back to the above highlighted one as being the most logical solution

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Freddy called parra out on the Sunday footy show.
          So did Brandy on commentary on Fox.

As they should, it was embarrassing.

Comment

I like the idea of someone like Matty John's Show calling them out each week.

The NRL will do nothing to stop it and the refs are under the pump to penalise anything that is too high even a love tap.

Here is that Manu tackle. Kelma should be called out for that shiit.

https://x.com/Rstoors4life/status/1802214668280156492

Comment

Originally posted by Swamptrout View Post
              The one that P1ssed me off was the JWH bin. The bloke refused to play the ball until the ref / bunker did something.
              Should have been penalised for not playing the ball.
              FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Inflictor View Post
                I like the idea of someone like Matty John's Show calling them out each week.

The NRL will do nothing to stop it and the refs are under the pump to penalise anything that is too high even a love tap.

Here is that Manu tackle. Kelma should be called out for that shiit.

https://x.com/Rstoors4life/status/1802214668280156492
                He should be bloody embarrassed with himself.

This garbage is happening every week and it's about time the NRL stepped in and did something about it.
                1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
                1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

Hey Jax. It's taken some equanimity on my part, after all the Colts' red and green would irritate some members, but I just can't get used to your England by night avatar. It's a provocation because of the symbolism and, of course, our new King of Australia is also an issue. We would be better off in every way to adopt the Aboriginal flag but after the referendum that's unlikely unforch.

Comment

Working...
                  X