Milking penalties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milking penalties

How can we get rid of this stain on the game?

Last night was getting hard to watch against Parra because you just didn’t know when the next penalty would come because of “acting”.

Would penalising the “actor” open up a can of worms?

I'm so glad we don't play that way. It was pathetic.

Comment

Seems to be getting worse as the season goes on too…
      Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

I didn’t realise Parra were such masters at it. I thought the Faiders and Manly were the best, but after last night I have a whole new perspective on the milking eels. How do the refs and bunker allow teams to get away with this rubbish? That guy who faked the whiplash head tilt after being smashed right in the chest was the worst. Greg Alexander even commented on all the milking it was so bad and blatant.

Comment

The one that P1ssed me off was the JWH bin. The bloke refused to play the ball until the ref / bunker did something.

Comment

Originally posted by JAF View Post
            How can we get rid of this stain on the game?

Last night was getting hard to watch against Parra because you just didn’t know when the next penalty would come because of “acting”.

Would penalising the “actor” open up a can of worms?
            IMO the real solution is for the refs to ignore the theatrics.

For example when JWH got sin-binned, that was purely because the guy lay down and the crowd got involved.

I think the ref was a soft so and so because he allowed himself to be emotionally manipulated by the Eels. He knew they were on the bottom of the ladder, had sacked their coach and 'NEEDED' the win in order to have any chance of playing finals footy. This shouldn't have been a factor. If he didn't sin-bin one of our players after a player emotionally manipulated him into doing so, and then ref the Eels back into the game then he wouldn't have compromised his own independence!!!

---

My mum was a judge and I remember her telling me about this chick who had a tragic accident and sued the venue where it happened. EXPECTING a multi-million dollar pay-out she'd already bought into a multi-million dollar real estate venture. Throughout the WHOLE case she was sobbing and rambling about how she needed a massive payment or nothing at all coz she'd be farked without the cash (even though the cash was supposed to be for her recovery, not some $$$ property investment that'd make her set for life - though she connected the two by saying that was her plan to have a future post-injury, without a job). Mum's judgment gave her a few hundred thousand for the injury, which the independent doctors said she'd make a full recovery from. Result? We had thugs delivering bags of human shyte to our house and threatening violence against me for at least 2 years afterwards. Also one set fire to my brother's scooter which was parked out the front (I saw them, crash tackled them and police were called... it was the lady's husband. She walked into court with him unhindered... demonstrating her claim that she was gonna be a quadriplegic for life was complete cr@p).

Moral of the story? Judge things on the FACTS... don't let crooks manipulate you with their BS!!! REFS SHOULD KNOW BETTER...

Comment

Parra embarrass themselves and the ref took it as well
              apart form lane and jwh sin bin, Manu on tuilagi where he his his chest, matterson stayed down from jwh and their was plenty of others as well which they tried to stay down
              while we copped a couple and got up straight away

the only way this stops is nrl enforce the player to go off for a HIA check and I’m sure they will stop laying down so they don’t get taken off themselves - coaches will be then making sure they don’t start acting again

honestly last night was as bad as a soccer game

Comment

On the flip side, should we lower ourselves to their level and try fishing ourselves? Integrity is great, but when we’re consistently losing penalty counts week in week out and we’re one of the only teams that doesn’t fish for penalties, it’s not a coincidence.
                The penalties we cop completely change the momentum of games, and influence results. It would be nice to get the rub of the whistle for once.
                Either that, or that flog Annesley needs to have a spine on a Monday morning and say that the referees won’t succumb to fishing, instead of the usual ‘oh, oops, we got that wrong, lol’ garbage we have to endure every week.

Comment

Any player that stays down should be off for a mandatory HIA. Fines should be blown for slowing the game down/refusing to play on (ala parra last night). And refs shouldn't be allowed to penalise a player for an act that happened in previous tackles. If it isn't penalised then and there, move on and let the MRC deal with it.

Comment

Roosters on the wrong end of another cricket score penalty/6A count - 13-7. And looking at the reasons last night for the penalties referred to in this thread, nobody can seriously claim it's all because of our "poor discipline".

We now lead the penalties conceded in the NRL by a long, long margin, with 99. Next closest is bulldogs on 81, almost twenty less. And playing them next week, we can expect the differential to increase again.

Comment

It's a real blight on the game. Almost impossible for the refs to subjectively rule on it. And made worse when some teams like us refuse to do it, admirable as it is.

We need a disincentive for the milkers so there is a consequence. Here's a thought on the fly.

Like the 10 count in boxing, we have our own 20 second count at the completion of a tackle. If the player is unable to play the ball within 20 seconds a .buzzer sounds to let the ref know. The player then must leave the field for a mandatory minimum five minutes. Can be replaced....add 2 extra allowable interchanges to cover for the milkers and genuine short term knocks.

Its a bit radical...but we need something. The 20 second/five minute rule.

Comment

Here’s a solution.

Ref gives a penalty as they do now but if a replay shows milking 5 in the bin

Comment

Kelma tuilagi has copped 4 weeks for The tackle on Collins
                          Should have been sent off
                          talk about double standards
                          Last edited by Chook2; 06-16-2024, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Juggler View Post
                            Here’s a solution.

Ref gives a penalty as they do now but if a replay shows milking 5 in the bin
                            The problem is they can't prove it mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook2 View Post
                              Kelma tuilagi has copped 4 weeks for The tackle on Collins
                              Should have been sent off
                              talk about double standards
                              Would have been sent off if Lindsay had stayed down like I can guarantee most other clubs’ players would have done in those circumstances.

Comment

Working...
                              X