No announcement yet.

NRL Round 15 Judiciary Update: JWH and Whyte Charged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With all these fines the NRL is building JWH up for a massive 8 week suspension to keep him out of the finals.

Comment

Does Origin 2 count towards Suaalii's 4 game suspension?

Comment

They may need to try something different as the so called "clamp down" on high contact has done zip to remove these incidents from the game.

I'd argue that the 6 again rule and the quick tap has increased the level of foul play as players are fatigued therefore good technique is compromised. I wish the NRL the best of luck if they think the courts will rule in their favour for making a token effort on player safety and concussion.

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
          Does Origin 2 count towards Suaalii's 4 game suspension?
          I don't think so.
          1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
          1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
            With all these fines the NRL is building JWH up for a massive 8 week suspension to keep him out of the finals.
            Yep that’s the plan. He’ll be suspended with the next dangerous contract charge,

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterBooster View Post
              Can I ask what JWH could do differently? When a player drops at the last second it’s impossible to alter your tackling technique.
              NRL are applying law for a contact sport that are defying physics.
              It seems like in commentary they mentioned his tackling technique is wrong. The issue is the game has changed so great legs tackles are penalised with a quick play the balls, offload to the opposition + you risk HIA for a legs tackles. This means players tackle higher so increases the risk of head high
              One thing they could do is reward a legs tackle as a dominant tackle so the play the ball speed is reduced.
              See the problem with your post is that it applies logic and reason. Two things that are completely foreign to the NRL and MRC. For them to understand your logic would be asking too much of the clown gallery of officials.

Comment

Working...
              X