Keary backflip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keary backflip

Rumours doing the rounds that Keary is looking at doing a backflip & playing on next. Apparently not at the Roosters though, so probably SL.
    Makes me think it was more the club telling him his times up as opposed to him wanting to pull the pin.

I agree with you. I still think for the best he’s gotten the tap on the shoulder.

I love Kez but for the sake of our future and cap management it’s time to move on. Would not begrudge him playing on even for another NRL club. SL would be ideal I reckon it’d suit his style even at his age. Still a lot of class in him.

Comment

Young family, move them all the way across the world. I guess so but he could potentially earn more in the media career he is working towards . Smart man, has a lot of options

Comment

I hope he does play in the Superleague for Wigan.

Comment

I hope he stays healthy and builds a nice career in the media, I mean if a d’head like Tallis can do it, Keary will kill it . No chance of concussion there and no need to uproot young family across the world to the cold of England.

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
            I hope he stays healthy and builds a nice career in the media, I mean if a d’head like Tallis can do it, Keary will kill it . No chance of concussion there and no need to uproot young family across the world to the cold of England.
            What about Ennis and Parker - they shout when trying to commentate. Shocking. And Ennis puts a ' y ' on the end of every christian name. Gronks.

Comment

Catalans Dragons is the club that was trying to sign Luke - Latest was Luke was set to reject the offer - I can only see the heading for this below

Sydney roosters star Luke Keary looks set to reject a bid by French Super League side Catalans to convince him to backflip on retirement.
              Last edited by King Salvo; 06-17-2024, 12:11 PM.

Comment

I thought Keary had qualified to be a physiotherapist. I'm sure I read he finished his undergrad and was doing a masters.

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
                  Indeed.
                  He should retire gracefully here in 2024, I doubt he's broke.
                  A happy and healthy life in Australia is something to be treasured.
                  Nice wife and family, basically 'priceless'.
                  No way I'd be taking them anywhere near the war/turmoil of Europe etc today.

Comment

I'm not surprised as Keary is playing well and looks quite fresh.

Comment

No chance he'll backflip

Comment

Geez you got me excited Tumut Chook...hoped it meant he was extending with us.

Still one of the best in the business and its a bit scary going into next year without him, on top of losing other quality players and leaders. Testimony is his Origin call-up. And also definitely the leader on paddock when you watch the game live. His loss is big for us.

And sorry to disappoint our small band of 'shoulder tappers' but the club expected him to go around again next year. As usual Kez does Kez and made the call to retire a year early rather than a year late. If he does backflip, it better be with us!

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                          I hope he does play in the Superleague for Wigan.
                          Why - why not commentary or assistant coaching where he has very little fear of another concussion - bar disagreement with Gould

Comment

FWIW Foxsports is reporting that Keary has signed with Catalans and will play with them next season.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...a9766d18f8e8a9

Comment

Luke Keary the gymnast, double backflips

Comment

Working...
                              X