Sitili Tupouniua

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dice View Post

Gagai plays right-side, we are losing two right-side backs in Manu and Suaalii, and you think Gagai was being chased to get rid of left-side Tupou?

Sitili is only a legend in the minds of a few fans on this forum. With so many good young forwards coming through, Sitili is now surplus to requirements. We can't keep them all.
    But we need to keep some of them.
    Sitili is experienced, tough, first grade hardened, something the young forwards aren't.
    Half the team is leaving at season's end, surely there's room for Sitili.
    I'd keep him.
    I like him off the bench, he's big enough, and still quick enough, as he showed recently.

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
      Lol dogs sign yet another player from another club. "Brought Not Bred"
      In the immortal words of Darryl Kerrigan - “tell ‘em to get stuffed!”

Comment

Originally posted by Inflictor View Post

Were you in the conversations with Toups?

FFS
        I think it’s better these negotiations don’t go public until after signings.
        “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Lots of people have given Sitilli a rap after yesterday's game.

I thought he started well, but towards the end, he buggered a few plays.

I want the guy next year, but in his favoured position. His best is yet to come.
          1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
          1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Parra View Post

I want the guy next year, but in his favoured position. His best is yet to come.
            Yeah I don't wanna lose him either but it depends how much he is on. Being able to cover middle, backrow and centre is pretty handy, especially given our lack of depth next season.

He may even turn into a full time centre out of necessity next year given our current centres on the books injury history.

Comment

Signed for 4 years at dogs from next year. I think it's best for him and the club. If he can improve his defence and hands he will be a great pick up

Comment

Originally posted by lordteddy View Post
                Signed for 4 years at dogs from next year. I think it's best for him and the club. If he can improve his defence and hands he will be a great pick up
                The Roosters are contributing towards his salary as well; I'm not sure how much or if it's up to 2027, which the Roosters originally signed him to.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

The Roosters are contributing towards his salary as well; I'm not sure how much or if it's up to 2027, which the Roosters originally signed him to.
                  Apparently the Dogs have agreed to take him at full freight, which if true is a bonus.

Comment

Always sad to see a player go but I think this works for both parties.
                    EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

Not the worst news. We are obviously shifting the deck chairs for some big signings and upgrades, Sam Walker being at the front of the queue.

Sitili’s best position is 25-30min off the bench with his footwork and running. We have others that do that better now in Spencer and Whyte. He is just not good enough defensively as an 80min edge player either. Seems a good bloke and always has a go, little bit of a cult hero. But probably the best for both parties. Hopefully he can hit 100 games for us as a nice milestone.

Dont know where he fits in for the Dogs and I don’t think they do either.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Parra View Post

He was playing out of position so I could forgive him for that. However he just doesn't seem to have the impact he had a couple of seasons ago.

Comment

Will mis him, have always liked him especially him coming through the grades with the rest of the guys.

been a real shame how injuries buggered his progression into one of the most damaging second rowers in the comp with the ball.

feel his defence will improve massively at the doggies with ciraldo as the coach.

him and kikau as a second row partnership will be a great combo for a few years.

best of luck to him!

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Surely we aren't silly enough to do that. That would be beyond stupid.

Comment

Interesting discussion on previous pages about future signings, we do seem to be in a spot of bother with it all needing to replace two centres, a 5/8 and a star prop. Potentially a hooker as well...

At centre not a lot of options, seems like a bunch of depth players off contract and a few first grade players from lesser teams. Taane Milne, Tesi Niu and Marion Seve seem the best options but they are definitely no Manu or Suaalii

5/8 we've got Kieran Foran and Toby Sexton who might be good choices. None really on the level of Keary there although I do wonder how Foran would go at the Roosters.

Tevita Pangai Junior available at prop forward if we wanted him...if he was motivated and Robbo could get the best out of him that'd be an exciting player to add to our pack

---

Seems like we've got millions to spend but not a lot of quality out there.

Comment

Good on him for finding another home
                                even with Fifita not signing sitili is still not in our best 17 next year and we still have Wong and Egan as well
                                surprised we signed him to 4 years and $600k if true
                                a little crazy dogs have gone that money and for that long
                                hope he goes well over there

Comment

Working...
                                X