Sitili Tupouniua

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Well over 4m if we don’t sign Angus, then there is still the noise about Brandon Smith.

At the moment, 2025 is looking like a complete mystery.
    Lets just say it will take a minor miracle for 2025 to supersede 2024.

Comment

We would want to win the comp this year because there is no chance it will happen next year losing what looks like 5 player & possibly Crighton & Smith.

Comment

This is what a development club does. They bring through players from young and relatively cheap. What is coming through you could get two players of similar output for the one salary. Then you can pay large for a marquee or three

Comment

Ponga isn’t going to come cheap is he

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
            Ponga isn’t going to come cheap is he
            But after a long 8 years, JT will.

Comment

Originally posted by A Country Member View Post
              This is what a development club does. They bring through players from young and relatively cheap. What is coming through you could get two players of similar output for the one salary. Then you can pay large for a marquee or three
              Yeah I think there's only so much juice you can squeeze outta some apples, oranges and watermelons before you decide that what you really ought to do is trading them all in for a bigarse durian.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                We would want to win the comp this year because there is no chance it will happen next year losing what looks like 5 player & possibly Crighton & Smith.
                IMO something that's rarely discussed is how many players are taking serious unders in the hope that they'll win a premiership and/or boost their market value.

If we lose Manu, JWH, Keary, Sua'ali'i and Sitili then it's likely that a fair whack of the cash that's freed up will go towards our form players.

For example I can see a world where we win a premiership and get Tupou, Watson, Sandon, May, Crichton, Pauga, Butcher, Whyte, Wong...etc who've chipped in on relatively low salaries requesting upgrades. Once the job of player retention has been done, you then need a marquee player in an available position to be available, willing and a good cultural fit.

I'd argue that basically:
                - There will be no marquee replacement for JWH on top of Collins, Leniu and May.
                - Manu can't be replaced as there's no other centres of that class in the comp. Dom Young, Mark N, Billy Smith, Pauga, Toops, Teddy and Murphy are probably gonna be our only backs.
                - Sandon (or Watson as a smoky? If he kills it at Origin level then I suspect he's bo longer our 14) will probably replace Keary.
                - From that perspective our marquee signings are already here... Leniu, Young and Mark N? We may not have THAT much cash left over once our retention business has been sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Yeah I think there's only so much juice you can squeeze outta some apples, oranges and watermelons before you decide that what you really ought to do is trading them all in for a bigarse durian.
                  Careful eating too much fruit, it can through you quicker than Teddy on a burst through the middle.

Nathan Aster’s brother wrote a song about. Absolute ripper

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

But after a long 8 years, JT will.
                    Jason Taumalolo?
                    Johnny Tobin?
                    James Tedesco?
                    Johnathan Thurston?
                    Jason Taylor?
                    Jayne Taas?

Comment

Phil Gould denied Sitili is coming. There’s no offer on the table for the Bulldogs and Sitili didn’t even meet with Ciraldo. Not sure what to believe!

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                        Phil Gould denied Sitili is coming. There’s no offer on the table for the Bulldogs and Sitili didn’t even meet with Ciraldo. Not sure what to believe!
                        You're almost as bad as the Journos - they ( bulldogs ) did meet with him it was "about six weeks ago" says so in the article.

sounds a bit like if Gus resigns Sitilli will be given permission to leave - but that's not concrete.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

I assume we have a plan. Lots must be going on behind the scenes.

Hopefully, one's better than any of Baldrick's "cunning plans."

Comment

Originally posted by The Lip View Post

You're almost as bad as the Journos - they ( bulldogs ) did meet with him it was "about six weeks ago" says so in the article.

sounds a bit like if Gus resigns Sitilli will be given permission to leave - but that's not concrete.
                            The article says Monday which one assumes was the 24th June - no mention of 6 weeks ago

Foxsports.com.au can reveal Tupouniua met with Canterbury coach Cameron Ciraldo on Monday to discuss signing with the club from 2025.

Comment

Wouldn’t mind if we lost Sitili. I can’t see him being anything other than a bench impact player for us. Awful defender, always has been.

The rumours he’s on 600ish are crazy. If true, we should be letting him go.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lip View Post

I forgot to add I was referring to the most recent meeting on Monday as reported by Fox Sport. He didn’t meet with him on Monday

Comment

Working...
                                X