No announcement yet.

SOO Game II 2024 - Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about Spencer. The attitude this guy brings to the game is intense and infectious but in a good way….

Comment

You could tell the ref would try and switch the game around in the 2nd half and the sun bin was again appaling
      was hoping nsw would come out and continue to put 50 on the maroons
      - Edwards was more calming then Teddy but still drops a bomb or 2 a game which is interesting as it never gets mentioned
      - latrel is the best centre in the game
      - next year if have Moses at 6 and Cleary 7 (luai creates more issues dancing around)
      - Angus was the best forward out there with Hass - cam Murray also great at lock
      - Spencer was again dominate off the bench (if posession didn’t swing to qld he would have had more runs
      - glad Watson made his debut would have preferred him to come on earlier - Robson does nothing wrong but also doesn’t create a lot
      - qld didn’t want to front up and play physical - seemed like they were complaining for getting hit to hard

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post
        How about Spencer. The attitude this guy brings to the game is intense and infectious but in a good way….
        I'm glad we've got him. Easy to forget about him given he's been suspended for most of the season.

Forget what minute it was but he pretty much got on the field and ran ~60-70m right away, while legally causing a head clash between two QLD players who slipped while trying to tackle him.

May and Leniu are the ultimate front rowers IMO. That's before you consider that Collins is also on our books (who was relatively quiet in a beaten team but has been a consistent performer for QLD in recent times). That and Crichton, who I'd argue was possibly NSW's best forward all night... 80 minutes and 9 tackle busts!!!

Looking forward to seeing our Origin boys perform during the finals this year!!! If we see Leniu, Crichton, Collins and Watson all showing up then our forward pack's gonna be ridiculous.

Comment

Gus took it up another notch last night and along with Moses were the standouts for NSW.

He'll be one of the first picked in the Kangaroos team. Surely we sit him down this week, agree to the $850k a year deal and secure his services moving forward. I think he was seriously struggling with his mental injury which affected his ability to perform consistently in the past. He looks like a happier person and most likely feels normal for a change. This is reflected when he takes the field.

The money is available. We must sign him again!

I'll die if he goes back to Souffs and helps them win a premiership.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook2 View Post
            You could tell the ref would try and switch the game around in the 2nd half and the sun bin was again appaling
            was hoping nsw would come out and continue to put 50 on the maroons
            - Edwards was more calming then Teddy but still drops a bomb or 2 a game which is interesting as it never gets mentioned
            - latrel is the best centre in the game
            - next year if have Moses at 6 and Cleary 7 (luai creates more issues dancing around)
            - Angus was the best forward out there with Hass - cam Murray also great at lock
            - Spencer was again dominate off the bench (if posession didn’t swing to qld he would have had more runs
            - glad Watson made his debut would have preferred him to come on earlier - Robson does nothing wrong but also doesn’t create a lot
            - qld didn’t want to front up and play physical - seemed like they were complaining for getting hit to hard
            Edwards didn't go as well as I thought he would especially in a team that dominated the game. He was pulled out of shape a number of times, missed a number of tackles and looked shaky under the high ball. Perhaps Mitchell could be the better fullback option for game 3.

Comment

Will never care about Origin like I care about the Roosters. It’s a circus of a game. With that said, Angus was really good last night, best on ground for me: Playing for a contract no doubt. Makes it even more frustrating when he gets 3 years and 800k a year with us he’ll play soft for 2.5 of them.

Looks like all the Chooks boys will back up and Watson didn’t play huge mins so should be firing for us. Lindsay did look rooted at the end of the game he played decent mins so he might be the only question mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post

Edwards didn't go as well as I thought he would especially in a team that dominated the game. He was pulled out of shape a number of times, missed a number of tackles and looked shaky under the high ball. Perhaps Mitchell could be the better fullback option for game 3.
                Agreed on Edwards.

Hell no to Fatrell at the back.
                FVCK CANCER

Comment

I don’t get fussed with Fake of Origin pre game or post game. I didn’t watch the Ch 9 owned game.
                  That’s all it is , a TV media driven game not a real series unlike the past.
                  The 1st round game hysteria was all about the future gate and click bait.
                  The existing concept so frikkin boring, played out over 6weeks with additional weeks either side of 1 and 3 games consisting of tabloid hysteria and paid for comment by personalities to drive the agenda for more revenue. Media I suspect play a role in the player selection process.
                  Following the 6 weeks schedule of FOO is another 6weeks of regular footy of the 27 game tv schedule.
                  The Ch 9 Grand Final being the first weekend of October- so factor in the 6 weeks time frame used during FOO then with that after its GF - a end of comp FOO will never happen for multiple broadcast/media reasons .
                  Congrats to the Roosters players last night. Angus is an outright champion and many here have overlooked it via their negative projections on him and who wouldn’t be brave enough to say it to his face. Never right off a champion . He has my respect.

Comment

Originally posted by HunchoRooster View Post
                    Will never care about Origin like I care about the Roosters. It’s a circus of a game. With that said, Angus was really good last night, best on ground for me: Playing for a contract no doubt. Makes it even more frustrating when he gets 3 years and 800k a year with us he’ll play soft for 2.5 of them.

Looks like all the Chooks boys will back up and Watson didn’t play huge mins so should be firing for us. Lindsay did look rooted at the end of the game he played decent mins so he might be the only question mark.
                    Early in the game I saw Collins had a badly swollen eye socket. Didn't look good to me, but he stayed on the field.
                    1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
                    1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Parra View Post

Early in the game I saw Collins had a badly swollen eye socket. Didn't look good to me, but he stayed on the field.
                      That’s not good. Hopefully nothing serious. Terrell is more than worthy replacement though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post

Yes although consistent for Penrith has a dropped ball in him off high balls which never gets noticed by commentators
                        and despite the team dominating Teddy would have Done the same or better
                        Latrell is a centre only and showed it again last night as the best there is if only he played there in club footy
                        to me if he stays fit I think turbo is the 1 as the wings and centres now look good turbos spot would be 1 next year if he can stay fit

Comment

Working...
                        X