Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is brave enough to predict our finish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is brave enough to predict our finish?

I’m predicting 3rd or 4th after sharks last night. Then I think we can make a prelim final, possibly grand final

I think 3rd or 4th too
    Then we will win the grand final against Melbourne.
    Very confident about this happening, 2 months ago I thought we would miss the 8 or possible sneak in and bow out week 1.

Comment

Long way to go, and one game at a time. Predictions are for betting agencies so they can take hard-earned cash from those silly enough to bet who don't heed Big Jack Gibson's advice, "Never bet on anything that eats."

Comment

Top then the gf
        1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
          Long way to go, and one game at a time. Predictions are for betting agencies so they can take hard-earned cash from those silly enough to bet who don't heed Big Jack Gibson's advice, "Never bet on anything that eats."
          Ha...took Jack a while to learn that lesson himself King, but once he did he quit the punt for good. His final foray, he offered, was he got his yearly wage from Newtown up front when signing with them and did the lot at the card tables that night. And bit the house for some too. That changed him....he never had a bet again.

Comment

Originally posted by The Godfather View Post
            I’m predicting 3rd or 4th after sharks last night. Then I think we can make a prelim final, possibly grand final
            Yes I think the Storm, Penrith and Sharks are all at least 2 wins clear of us (though a win against the Tigpies would put us within 1 win of the Sharks) and the Doggies/Dolphins are both on 20 so it's tight.

Prediction? Unfortunately I can't see us coming top-2 unless we are flawless and the Drizz/Riff both falter. Our TV schedule's pretty good as the only top-4 team we will play is the Drizz.

3rd/4th (same thing) is likely and from there it's really a matter of whether we can take down the Storm or Penrith. IMO it's a horrible system as you get NO advantage for coming 3rd/4th.

An away final in Penrith or Melbourne and then a fool's 'second chance draw' ticket the next week if we lose simply isn't enticing. I dare say Penrith and Melbourne would not feel that playing us in week 1 is a good thing either. Seriously fark Wayne Bennett!!! His Dragons were almost undefeated in 2009 and then choked against a red hot Parra side where Hayne and Mortimer just so happened to turn it on at the pointy end of the season (before losing the GF to a later disqualified Melbourne outfit). The whole 'let's change the finals system because of this' reeks of how stupid and reactionary its management have been over the years. Whatever happened to 'if you are minor farking premiers and lose a home final to #8 in week 1 then that's on you, ya stupid chokers!!!!'

So what though I guess? The crux is that to win the GF we're gonna have to beat Penrith or Melbourne in week 1 of the finals and then the other at some point. It's bot pretty either way (even if you throw a home final in there) but our form will be the biggest determining factor. For us to finish too 4 we'll have to keep winning. If we can do that (including against the Storm and Dolphins) then we'll be a serious contender come finals time. Outside top 4 I don't really care where we finish so long as we're a serious threat.

Comment

Potentially we can win it and I don't think it's blind love.

Comment

Feels like 3rd or 4th
                the silly losses to dogs and cowboys potentially hurt our chance of a top 2 finish
                think it’s only riff, storm or us that can win it though unless someone comes on a late run
                we have a chance if we are top 4 and fit at the end of the season we will have a huge chance

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                  I wonder what Jack would think of the Bunker Lotto? Bennett is all over it alluding to the fact that it's basically in place to manipulate outcomes. I was hoping more coaches would come out and support Bennett on this one.

2 things need to change imo.

1) The Bunker needs to go!
                  2) The NRL shouldn't align with any betting agencies!

When tobacco sponsorship was outlawed in sport, other suiters stepped up and filled the void. The same would occur if the NRL distance themselves from all betting agencies.
                  Last edited by Bates; 06-29-2024, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Anything else than a top 4 finish will be a disappointment. Head says we will go out in the prelim, while my heart says we will win the comp.... souffs to get the spoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post

I wonder what Jack would think of the Bunker Lotto? Bennett is all over it alluding to the fact that it's basically in place to manipulate outcomes. I was hoping more coaches would come out and support Bennett on this one.

2 things need to change imo.

1) The Bunker needs to go!
                      2) The NRL shouldn't align with any betting agencies!

When tobacco sponsorship was outlawed in sport, other suiters stepped up and filled the void. The same would occur if the NRL distance themselves from all betting agencies.
                      This was in 2022

The NRL earned $50 million from its deal with gambling firms last year. It takes a 1.2 per cent cut of each bet placed and takes a greater cut if the bet is riskier or is placed on a marquee game, such as The Finals or the State of Origin. In some instances, Four Corners revealed that the NRL takes up to 17.5 per cent of all bets.

https://www.bandt.com.au/secretive-m...odes-revealed/

Not sure there is a lot of organisations that could step in and fill the breach as far as the revenue the NRL receiving from gambling.

Private ownership hasn't been a success so far but maybe the Green Bay Packers community ownership model is one which could be explored

Comment

Even with the Sharks soft draw and run home, I expect they’ll lose some more games, and with our superior differential, I think we’ll out-place them for 3rd. I don’t care who we play against, but would prefer to dodge Penrith round 1.

Interestingly, having a look around at other fan forums and a lot of fans seem to be backing us to win the whole thing.

Gun to my head, I’ll say we’ll make the GF. Trent Robinson hasn’t lost a GF yet, so…

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Ha...took Jack a while to learn that lesson himself King, but once he did he quit the punt for good. His final foray, he offered, was he got his yearly wage from Newtown up front when signing with them and did the lot at the card tables that night. And bit the house for some too. That changed him....he never had a bet again.
                          Keno boy.

Comment

We are up to our eyeballs in it is we can remain relatively injury and suspension free.

Comp seems a lot more open compared to last year.

Comment

Hard to believe the Storm are 1st on the ladder after that first half. They’re down a lot of players, but I honestly don’t feel like I’ve seen premiership winning footy from them all year.

Comment

Working...
                              X