Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Have you all bionic ears to hear this ?
    Haven't you heard someone snap their hamstring or break a bone ?. I was at Taylor Square back in my party days. It was day break and I heard someones skull crack as they fell backwards and hit their head on the concrete ground. I was 30 odd metres away. You may need to get your hearing aid serviced.

Comment

• Makes you wonder , Stefano Utoikamanu seeking more than $800k and we just re-signed May for a reported $500K

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Smails View Post
        Is a broken hand possible season for Manu ?

I’m currently in Malta and scanning news outlets for info
        Coach Robinson was saying it was a broken hand but will have to find out what it is after the results of the scans are known - A Scaphoid fracture maybe season ending as recovery is 8 to 12 weeks

Comment

• Originally posted by weplayforprems View Post
          Love that a sin bin worthy high shot on Collins is just play on because we don’t lay down.
          "Stay down and make them look at it"...Ray Hadley has been saying it for decades.

Otherwise, the oppositions will just keep right on doing it, knowing our players are suckers and won't do or say anthing.
          At least Collins "rioted" on the field today, shoved Api.
          Last edited by bondi.boy; 07-01-2024, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bates View Post

Haven't you heard someone snap their hamstring or break a bone ?. I was at Taylor Square back in my party days. It was day break and I heard someones skull crack as they fell backwards and hit their head on the concrete ground. I was 30 odd metres away. You may need to get your hearing aid serviced.
            If you could hear someone fracture their hand on a football field watching on TV or at the ground then you truly have bionic ears as not even the commentators heard it as they access to all camera's and mike/sound affects

Worst injury I saw was in a baseball game - NSW Winter Major League - one of our players hit what was normally a stand up triple - their 3rd base did a dummy tag forcing our player to slide into 3rd base - suffered multiple spiral fractures of the leg along with other injuries - his leg folded up like an accordion is the best way to describe it - you could hear it as were metres away.

The damage was that bad they considered amputation of the leg - had numerus operations to fix it - metal plates and metal rods etc

Ended his sporting career

Comment

• Bitter sweet victory.
              We were always going to beat the last placed team. That injury to Manu is a bummer with some of the games coming up.

All the usual suspects played well.
              Of the unsung group.
              I haven't given Sitili a rap in about 3 years but I thought he played well tonight. Tackled well, ran hard and put in that grubber for Keary's try. Smith also played all but 8 seconds and topped the tackle count. Good service too. Dom was good. Our utility did a good job replacing Manu.

3 - Walker
              2 - Teddy
              1 - Sitili

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Smails View Post
                Is a broken hand possible season for Manu ?

I’m currently in Malta and scanning news outlets for info
                Somewhere between 2-8 weeks. All depends how bad the fracture is, until scans come through we won’t know. Touch wood it’s not too bad.

Comment

If you could hear someone fracture their hand on a football field watching on TV or at the ground then you truly have bionic ears as not even the commentators heard it as they access to all camera's and mike/sound affects

Worst injury I saw was in a baseball game - NSW Winter Major League - one of our players hit what was normally a stand up triple - their 3rd base did a dummy tag forcing our player to slide into 3rd base - suffered multiple spiral fractures of the leg along with other injuries - his leg folded up like an accordion is the best way to describe it - you could hear it as were metres away.

The damage was that bad they considered amputation of the leg - had numerus operations to fix it - metal plates and metal rods etc

Ended his sporting career
                  I'm not the only one on this forum that heard it so hopefully I'm not going mad. Stay tuned as we should hear more about the incident as the week unfolds.

Comment

Coach Robinson was saying it was a broken hand but will have to find out what it is after the results of the scans are known - A Scaphoid fracture maybe season ending as recovery is 8 to 12 weeks

He was holding his knuckles hey? My fear is that it could be a cluster of small bones and connective tissue that's gonna hurt like hell and can't just be set back in place & isolated.

Comment

• Just where he grabs it is a worry - capitate area - 5 to 8 weeks recovery period

https://x.com/i/status/1807340816483983415

Comment

• How often has Manu picked up an injury at this time of the year. Hope it's not season ending.
                        Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

I'm not the only one on this forum that heard it so hopefully I'm not going mad. Stay tuned as we should hear more about the incident as the week unfolds.
                          You will hear more about it first with those ears of yours

Comment

Yep. It was pretty clear.

Sally didn’t hear it so it obviously didn’t happen.
                            FVCK CANCER

Comment

• Good win, in atrocious conditions.
                              Good passing and catching in the wet.
                              Good attack, good defence, good energy, few mistakes.
                              Hope this standard of play continues.

Api and Bateman wanted to fight Collins!
                              ROFL

Comment

• Solid effort by Brandon Smith last night. Pretty much played the 80 and was our leading tackler with 47. Was still busting his arse at the end and was shattered when they scored at the death. Not bad for a bloke who's not fit enough to play NRL.....

Comment

Working...
                                X