NRL Round 18 Judiciary Update: Veteran Pair Charged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRL Round 18 Judiciary Update: Veteran Pair Charged

Following the Sydney Roosters Round 18 match against the St George Illawarra Dragons, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves and Michael Jennings have been cited by the Match Review Committee.

Waerea-Hargreaves was issued with a Grade Two Careless High Tackle Charge for an incident that occurred in the 17th minute of the match.

Should Waerea-Hargreaves elect to enter an early guilty plea, he will be unavailable for three matches.

If found guilty at the judiciary, however, he will be unavailable for four matches.

Jennings was issued with a Grade One Careless High Tackle for an incident that occurred in the 36th minute of the match.

Should Jennings elect to enter an early guilty plea, he will receive a monetary fine of $1000.

If found guilty at the judiciary, however, he will receive a monetary fine of $1500.

Waerea-Hargreaves and Jennings have until Tuesday at 12pm to enter their pleas.

There were no other judiciary concerns for the other players that featured in the match.

https://www.roosters.com.au/news/202...-pair-charged/

3 matches ?? ' wtf '....................

Comment

That's an absolute disgrace..shouldn't have even been a sin bin...penalty at worst ...3 weeks ...unbelievable

Comment

So no JWH for Storm,Manly & Dolphins games

Also with two byes in that period no footy for Jared for 5 weeks.

Could this be a blessing in some way ? Comes back fresh for one final charge?

Comment

Yeh challenge that Jared one for sure, no chance that was a grade 2.

Need to get some Rugby League people onto that MRC team. They've been on one lately.

Comment

What a load a garbage.. Not much in it….Milestone day for Jared 10 in the bin, Stitches in the head and lengthy suspension….Gawd the powers to be really have it in for us..

Comment

Seriously ridiculous. And no charge for whoever whacked Jennings in the side of the head and caused him to go off for a concussion check?

Comment

I will admit I was watching the game whilst lunch at the surf club when Jared’s tackle happened but when I saw a replay I thought he was lucky he wasn’t sent off
                When you trust your television
                what you get is what you got
                Cause when they own the information
                they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

Did Jared even make contact with the head? Looked like all shoulder to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                    Yeh challenge that Jared one for sure, no chance that was a grade 2.

Need to get some Rugby League people onto that MRC team. They've been on one lately.
                    They have two former players on the panel of 6 - I assume one of these ex players would be on the panel plus an ex referee and Geoff Bellew as the Chair who has the casting vote if the panel is split

The NRL Judiciary Panel is made of former players, referees and coaches, with six members for the season. Former international players Bob Lindner and Tony Puletua along with former referees Henry Perenara, Greg McCallum, Sean Hampstead and Paul Simpkins.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

They have two former players on the panel of 6 - I assume one of these ex players would be on the panel plus an ex referee and Geoff Bellew as the Chair who has the casting vote if the panel is split

The NRL Judiciary Panel is made of former players, referees and coaches, with six members for the season. Former international players Bob Lindner and Tony Puletua along with former referees Henry Perenara, Greg McCallum, Sean Hampstead and Paul Simpkins.

Henceforth they will be known as Team Pussy. What a stitch up. They knock Jenko out and nothing cited. Did the guy Jared hit even get a HIA? Talk about destroying the game..

Comment

No option to rest Lindsay or Spencer against Melbourne now.

What a soft decision. This game has become so soft.

Comment

They are getting worried and starting the fix early. No way on earth that is worth 3 weeks. Definitely challenge it. I thought was harsh it was even a sin bin.

Did the Dragons player get charged for the blatant swinging arm that hit Jenko square on the jaw.

Comment

If they plead guilty and contest the grading and are successful - i.e from a grade 2 to grade 1 it would be 2 matches and a $3000 fine

It's his third and subsequent offence of this nature

May not be worthwhile challenging the grading in that case for 1 game reduction.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2024/07/07/...nt-to-the-bin/

Comment

I'm astonished by Jennings also being cited when Ben Hunt who chopped him and others during the match weren't. It's bad enough Klein is biased , I think the mrc being biased maybe even worse

Comment

Working...
                              X