Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trent Robinson deserves enormous praise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trent Robinson deserves enormous praise.

Earlier this year there was a “ pile on” in reference to his coaching ability. In all likelihood, he probably deserved criticism. I’ve stayed out of bagging him for years because I was made to look pretty silly when we won comps when I wasn’t convinced that he was getting the best out of players , particularly developing younger players rather than established stars who we have recruited. He is loved and respected by most around him and openly stated this year that he had to improve as a coach if we were to have success.

This team has improved out of sight, none more so than Sam Walker and hence the full vindication of why he is the greatest coach we will ever have at Bondi. We are a serious threat this year and the coach deserves every accolade. I think nobody should feel “ too safe” in any role in the NRL but I’m totally content with him at the helm. Enjoy the ride people cause we are right in this comp. I would take the price on offer now.
    barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

The players love to play for him. It says a lot.

Comment

Like I’ve said many times “Robbo is the Roosters.”

Comment

Robbo is doing a great job! One thing that really stands out is our fitness. We're also looking a lot more composed than the opening rounds of the season and the back end of last season. Walker is blossoming. Keary looks fresh. Teddy is in great form. Perhaps no more SOO is blessing in disguise for our season. So many players in career best form. Vic is now world class. Keep up the great work Robbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post
          Robbo is doing a great job! One thing that really stands out is our fitness. We're also looking a lot more composed than the opening rounds of the season and the back end of last season. Walker is blossoming. Keary looks fresh. Teddy is in great form. Perhaps no more SOO is blessing in disguise for our season. So many players in career best form. Vic is now world class. Keep up the great work Robbo.
          Wasn't it great seeing Teddy streak away for that try on Sunday, knowing he was no longer a part of the SOO circus and is focused purely on the roosters?

Comment

Originally posted by trewhella View Post
            Earlier this year there was a “ pile on” in reference to his coaching ability. In all likelihood, he probably deserved criticism. I’ve stayed out of bagging him for years because I was made to look pretty silly when we won comps when I wasn’t convinced that he was getting the best out of players , particularly developing younger players rather than established stars who we have recruited. He is loved and respected by most around him and openly stated this year that he had to improve as a coach if we were to have success.

This team has improved out of sight, none more so than Sam Walker and hence the full vindication of why he is the greatest coach we will ever have at Bondi. We are a serious threat this year and the coach deserves every accolade. I think nobody should feel “ too safe” in any role in the NRL but I’m totally content with him at the helm. Enjoy the ride people cause we are right in this comp. I would take the price on offer now.
            Well said and I agree big time. Unfortunately, plenty will still come out calling for his head the next time we go through a rough patch, or lose a prelim by a point or whatever. I suppose that just comes with the territory. He's a sensational coach though, but that doesn't mean he always gets it right. Sometimes the selections or the gameplan go awry, and you can criticise that. But ultimately, he's a top tier coach, and wanting anyone else over him is nuts (imo).

It's a fair while ago now, but how he handled the 2021 and 2022 seasons, with that injuiry toll and surprise retirements of Boyd and Friend, was absolutely sensational. 2021 in particular, I believe no coach in the game would have done a better job.

He can stay for another 10 years, as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post

Wasn't it great seeing Teddy streak away for that try on Sunday, knowing he was no longer a part of the SOO circus and is focused purely on the roosters?
              100%

Free as a bird.

Comment

3 comps in 10 years is a great record but you're only as good as your last game and yeah, we're really looking good this year. players are really putting their bodies on the line to the extent that a lot of our errors are from trying too hard. our attack is head and shoulders the best in the comp.
                september is a long way away but we're serious contenders for a top 2 finish before the finals

Comment

To be fair Robbo does have the best team on paper. But, yeah credit to Robbo for making it all come together.

Justin Holbrook is no dud either and you can see his influence in our attack. All the players leaving this year, the structuring of our byes, Teddy not involved with Origin, Rads not getting himself sent off, Angus playing at another level, Walker growing a beard..it all helps.

Comment

Great thread. I love Trent and always have. It’s so easy for people to criticise when the expectation is we should win every single game. I’m sure as soon as we lose our next game the critics will be back saying how hopeless we are, the dumbest team in the comp etc and it all comes down to being poorly coached.

Comment

I believe we are the best team in the comp. It is up to the coach to make sure we are there on G F night.

GO ROOSTERS.

Comment

Originally posted by BTRD View Post
                        I believe we are the best team in the comp. It is up to the coach to make sure we are there on G F night.

GO ROOSTERS.
                        No its up to the players to go out & execute the game plan & tackle harder & run harder than the opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post

Teddy looked 4 kg heavier last year. Jake the Mus.
                          Did they change S and C? I think they did. You can tell. That is huge in a successful footy team
                          I’ve seen first hand the wrong trainer stuffing players up physically
                          barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Real King View Post
                            To be fair Robbo does have the best team on paper. But, yeah credit to Robbo for making it all come together.

Justin Holbrook is no dud either and you can see his influence in our attack. All the players leaving this year, the structuring of our byes, Teddy not involved with Origin, Rads not getting himself sent off, Angus playing at another level, Walker growing a beard..it all helps.
                            Hahaha wasn't expecting that!! Its not a great beard but its bloody effective!

Agree re Justin Holbrook. Its a luxury having a young progressive thinking first grade coach as an assistant coach. The 2024 attack is all Holbrook

Comment

I was super worried earlier this year after the Bulldogs game. Felt like another wasted season was coming. And going into the Knights game in Newcastle, if we’d lost it was likely we’d be 2-5 going into Anzac Day which would have been huge pressure.

Comment

Working...
                              X