Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trent Robinson deserves enormous praise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post

There are currently 4 teams in the top 8 that we have played and have beaten us but that we have not yet beaten. Manly, Penrith, Storm, North Queensland . It’s because we’ve beaten the teams in the bottom half of the ladder that we are in 3rd due to a very easy draw. This throws up a bright red flag for me telling me we are way overrated and it’s really a two team premiership race. Otherwise why can’t we beat these teams? Let’s be completely honest here. We are not beating the top teams but they are beating us.
    Maybe time for you to start planning for next season or 2030 with such a defeatist attitude??

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
      The composure of the last few weeks is what I liked the most. The attack has often been a bit frantic over the last couple of years but since the last game against the dogs they seemed to find a balance between playing very uptempo but in a much more controlled way. Think they can go close to winning it if they keep it up.

Penrith still very hard to beat though. With Cleary to come back they will go up several gears for the finals.
      100% agree with you RB!

Comment

There are currently 4 teams in the top 8 that we have played and have beaten us but that we have not yet beaten. Manly, Penrith, Storm, North Queensland . It’s because we’ve beaten the teams in the bottom half of the ladder that we are in 3rd due to a very easy draw. This throws up a bright red flag for me telling me we are way overrated and it’s really a two team premiership race. Otherwise why can’t we beat these teams? Let’s be completely honest here. We are not beating the top teams but they are beating us.
        We have officially clicked into gear and there's still room for improvement which means the next top team we play will be humbled. I am confident we'll beat the Storm and we will lap Manly and the Cowboys next time we meet.

Comment

Robbo has really got them humming the last half of season to date. Our style has been adventurous but somehow our completions have been better than previous years. I just hope he can keep them improving even more leading up to the finals. If it's a fast game next week I think we can put a number on the Storm.

Comment

Previous results don't dictate future results in footy RC. I guess it's a bit of a guide, but not an infallible predictor.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

If you can't see that we are playing at a completely different level to what we were earlier in the season than I can't help you out. I know we haven't beaten them, but we also haven't played them since we caught fire. Melbourne struggled to beat the Tigers and we walked all over them. Penrith got beaten by St George who we have lapped twice. This premiership is definitely not a two horse race.
              I only stated the facts. We thrashed teams like the dragons , souths and tigers but they aren’t the benchmark teams so why on earth are we using wins against cellar dwellers as an indication of our true form? We have won a few more games against these lower teams than last season but we still, like last season can’t beat the top teams. These are the facts.
              “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Previous results don't dictate future results in footy RC. I guess it's a bit of a guide, but not an infallible predictor.
                It’s been a while since we beat the storm and Penrith and we need to be good enough as we likely will play them in the finals.
                “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post

We have officially clicked into gear and there's still room for improvement which means the next top team we play will be humbled. I am confident we'll beat the Storm and we will lap Manly and the Cowboys next time we meet.
                  I’m hoping so too because I know we have a great team this year playing well but we still haven’t cracked storm and riff which is a concern because we will come up against them in the finals and need to up our game to beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by JAF View Post

Maybe time for you to start planning for next season or 2030 with such a defeatist attitude??
                    Only stating the obvious that we need to beat the Storm and riff if we are to take the title.

Comment

I feel that we really need to get our long kicking game sorted out to beat the top teams. I’ve noticed that when teams play against us, they complete high most of the time. This is because they don’t have to take risks, because most of the time, we will lose field positions.

This seems to be the blueprint for playing against us. Our defence has been good enough against lesser teams, and we manage to find holes in their defence so we don’t have to rely on long kicking games… but against better teams, they know we can’t kick ourselves out of trouble, and so they play the boring game against us and eventually our defence cracks.

Comment

In regards to this season... I rate him but will reserve my 'enormous praise' for when he wins us his 4th premiership for the RWB.

Comment

I only stated the facts. We thrashed teams like the dragons , souths and tigers but they aren’t the benchmark teams so why on earth are we using wins against cellar dwellers as an indication of our true form? We have won a few more games against these lower teams than last season but we still, like last season can’t beat the top teams. These are the facts.
                          Another fact is that we can only beat the teams that we are scheduled to play.

Let’s continue this discussion after our win against the Drizzle next week!!

Comment

Only stating the obvious that we need to beat the Storm and riff if we are to take the title.
                            And you think Cleary and Bellamey are thinking I hope we play the Roosters in a prelim or GF?

FFS
                            Last edited by Inflictor; 07-13-2024, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Inflictor View Post

And you think Cleary and Bellamey are thinking I hope we play the Roosters in a prelim or GF?

FFS
                              Not by recent games against them. Although they beat us I think we gave them a scare and put them on notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Inflictor View Post

FFS
                                Neither of them would be running away from it.
                                Penrith & Melbourne like the Roosters are supreme teams & would fear no one.

FFS

Comment

Working...
                                X