Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trent Robinson deserves enormous praise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Neither of them would be running away from it.
    Penrith & Melbourne like the Roosters are supreme teams & would fear no one.

FFS
    Exactly. Yet how many times do we have to hear the BS that we haven't beaten the Storm or Panthers in years? The only ones running scared are some of our own fairweather supporters ffs. We are a completely different beast to the last couple of years.

FFS

Comment

When the chooks are playing like they want to win a premiership….the passes seem to stick and the ever important line speed in defence ramps up exponentially.

thats what I’ve been noticing.
      Expansive footy that we haven’t played in years and the line speed is sublime
      barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

Early season pile on warranted now?

Hate to say it, but we are pretenders. No point in celebrating being flat track bullies if we keep sh!tting the bed against competition heavyweights.

Comment

Never a chance and the same in earlier rd game. Bashed in the forwards and we ran sideways

Comment

[QUOTE=Inflictor;n1062448]

Exactly. Yet how many times do we have to hear the BS that we haven't beaten the Storm or Panthers in years? The only ones running scared are some of our own fairweather supporters ffs. We are a completely different beast to the last couple of years.

FFS

Lol

This aged well.

Fair-weather fans? or fans who actually are smart enough to realise 1 from 20 isn't BS.

Serious question - how are we actually different?

Comment

[QUOTE=Eggspert;n1063479]
              Originally posted by Inflictor View Post

FFS

Lol

This aged well.

Fair-weather fans? or fans who actually are smart enough to realise 1 from 20 isn't BS.

Serious question - how are we actually different?
              Storm beat us in 2018. We beat them in GF.
              Storm beat us in 2019. We beat them in prelim.
              You panic when we lose a round game. That's a fair-weather supporter.
              We will win the GF. But you will be here pounding your chest. Rock solid.
              Now we wait for your best mate to dig his way from under his burrow.

FFS

Comment

[QUOTE=Inflictor;n1063508]
                Originally posted by Eggspert View Post

FFS
                They were considerably understrength tonight. We needed to make a statement and build confidence prior to finals that we don't crumble against the likes of the Storm/Penrith. We have now missed that opportunity.

I hope you are right and we win the GF, but I personally think we have a soft underbelly. The talent is there and our window will close quite a bit after this year so it'd be a waste if we didnt.

Comment

[QUOTE=Inflictor;n1063508]
                  Originally posted by Eggspert View Post

Now we wait for your best mate to dig his way from under his burrow.

FFS
                  We were a different beast in 18/19

You've got to admit 1 from 20 is a very damning stat & difficult to dismiss.

Good on you for keeping the faith that we will somehow find a way.

But recent history is definitely against us.

One thing I don't do is pound my chest prematurely.

Comment

Somehow my posts are now mixed up.

FFS

Comment

We have more gears in us than storm do, I said it before and I will say it again.. if we meet them in the finals we will win, the reason we lose to these top sides is because they are just way more consistent than us, but our best and their best we win.. I expect our best in the finals
                      My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
                      My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

Comment

[QUOTE=Qld Chook;n1063513]

They were considerably understrength tonight. We needed to make a statement and build confidence prior to finals that we don't crumble against the likes of the Storm/Penrith. We have now missed that opportunity.

I hope you are right and we win the GF, but I personally think we have a soft underbelly. The talent is there and our window will close quite a bit after this year so it'd be a waste if we didnt.
                        I think the under strengths evened out, JWH, Manu to Munster,Welch and Coates. I don’t rate NAS, and some thought should go to the guys backing up from origin (4v1)

but there forwards just kept monstering us backward.

Amazing how much we miss JWH in those situations.

Comment

[QUOTE=Eggspert;n1063518]

We were a different beast in 18/19

You've got to admit 1 from 20 is a very damning stat & difficult to dismiss.

Good on you for keeping the faith that we will somehow find a way.

But recent history is definitely against us.

One thing I don't do is pound my chest prematurely.
                          As I have said previously Parramatta have the best record against both Penrith and Storm from 2020 but duck eggs to show for it as far as premierships goes. 3 of Parramatta's losses to Penrith have been in Finals including a Grand final.

Parramatta from 2020 - 21 games for 10 wins and 11 losses vs Penrith and Storm
                          • 5 Wins and 7 losses vs Penrith
                          • 5 wins and 4 losses vs Storm
                          • 2 wins and 6 losses vs Roosters

Comment

[QUOTE=milanja;n1063576]
                            Originally posted by Qld Chook View Post

I think the under strengths evened out, JWH, Manu to Munster,Welch and Coates. I don’t rate NAS, and some thought should go to the guys backing up from origin (4v1)

but there forwards just kept monstering us backward.

Amazing how much we miss JWH in those situations.
                            We definitely missed JWH. I love Connor but think he needs to come from the bench when it comes to finals, otherwise we will just get dominated because of his size.

Yeah we missed JWH & Manu, but with our track record I'm not banking us to be full strength come finals anyway. Regardless, we had a 17 more than capable of winning last night and they undelivered.

Comment

The french cream puff deserves no praise. Ignores Gus' red hot form and tries to sign Fifita over him, gets humiliated then has to pay Gus more, signs Dominic penis hands who is a reserve grader, ignores Lomax when half our backline was moving on. The ginger is nowhere near the same league as Benny, Belly or Cleary, and after we get knocked out in rd 1 of finals again this year, will there ever be any pressure on this has-been?

Comment

Our halves deserve a kick up the arse for playing touch footy that won't win us a single finals game. However, with Walker negotiations taking place and Walker wanting to "play his style", Robbo seems reluctant to deliver that kick.

I also note that Robbo was clear in his half-time speech to cut out the crap and get into the grind, soon followed by Keary stuffing up a high-risk offload on our own 10m line.

Unfortunately, with an easy draw we will continue winning games playing touch footy. Robbo needs to deliver that kick up the arse or one of the top teams will do it for him in the finals.

Comment

Working...
                                X